Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zon depot

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dr. Strangelove, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove IncGamers Member

zon depot

hi there. i'm lvling up a zon, first one since d2 classic!! i have a couple of quick questions to state. here i go. i was initially oriented to go for a multishot one as well i put one point in strafe to realize the differences early on. a waste of a point or two with a zon in general iirc, isn't much of a problem imo. previous to this i got to mention the gear i intend to equip the girl with. first wave (this is 100% sure) a windy and an enigma (i got the ingredients and i got to find the armor first - archon plate the target), second wave (99% sure) is the following: shako, wartravs,... it seams that i can't make a char without being mf oriented anymore :). anyway this is what i want to know:
    1. is mana leech from windy enough to couple the mana burning of a 10+ lvl of multishot?
    ...a relation between a decoy and a valk. personally i hate the valk. it's like a perfect cripple to me, too heavy to guide in game sessions (battles and walks in the park), and then during gameplay realize that i have to deal with the other famous cripple in the game - merc. it's just a must to direct a cripple (merc), why then direct two of them isn't much of an annoyance anymore. so i think in the end a valk is a go, also due to the recasting ability. anyhow:
    2. despite the relatively low life (self) has a decoy, at high levels (20+) a future to replace the valk? and if it has been played like this before? (decoy yes, valk no)
    3. is he/her (valk) able to kill something in hell, other from being a walking tank?
    oh, and a final addon. i'm using a might merc, just love the idea of kick in that high damage mark up. playin' on just fallin' in love with strafing, maybe it's that what i'm gonna go afterall, i'll see.

sorry for being rather long, anyway thanks in advance for the input.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

2. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

No i do not believe that the leech from WF is enough for ur MS. also i would go with the valk since a deoy just stays in one place so if u move u will have to recast it. and i dont know but i do not believe that a valk is viable to kill by herself in hell. although she may be able to hurt monsters but i dont think that she would be abe to kill them. this is mostly from experience with zons but i havnt had one in 1.10 so i dont know about the valk dmg.

3. Draxer

Draxer IncGamers Member

Valk at lvl 17 can kill monsters in hell at players 5 so i allways put 17 in valk any time i build a zon it makes life easy.

4. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

the leech from just wf, im almost positive is just a bit short, use either a crescant moon too, or try using just a manald and the wf for awhile, see how that works out for you

5. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove IncGamers Member

*bump*

c'mon guys, i can't belive it's only three people who plays a bowazon on the forum, simply can't. come on, i want to know your opinion.

anyway i'll definitely go with strafe (=fun) and NO! valk (=annoyance).
    gear, setup: windy, enigma, might merc

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

6. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

My current bowazon is in Act 2 hell. With decoy and valk maxed the valk have about 4k in life and can dish out a good bit of damage. I find her extremely useful. Also you don't have to worry about leading around your valk since you can recast her at any time.

Just my opinion, but I think valk would be very useful.

Edit: Your valk also recieves the same passive bonuses you do from you level in the following skills: CS, Dodge, Avoid & Evade.

7. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Both your valk and decoy are valuable assests in 1.10. Especially the valk. A maxed out valk can tank just about anything, and still manage to dish out pain. Think of a merc thats only minorly less powerful, but has 3x the life.

You will need more leech then just Windforce, around 15% should be able to sustain multi-shot.

8. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

Hey Facto, Good going with Strafe...it is way more fun than multi-shot (its like playing with a machine gun frankly :lol: )

My setup for my lvl93 Zon is:

Harley (Ptop)
    CoH Wire Fleece (makes her a little more survivable)
    Chancies (perfect)
    Goldwrap (upgraded)
    Gore Riders
    Windforce
    Highlords or Atmas Scarab (Highlords ATM for added lightning res)
    Natures Peace
    Ravenfrost

and an inventory full of 7%smfc and a Gheeds (37%) for a total of 402%MF

I have no problems with leech and she can take P8 with no probs as well. I would strongly suggest to pump Valk to 17+ like someone else suggested. She may be dumb as a stump but she is a SURVIVOR, as well as a decent killer. I also have a Defiance Merc tagging along wearing Vampgaze, Shaftstop and using Reapers Toll (breaks PI immunity nicely). They make quite the trio :surprise:

In addition to maxing Strafe and Valk, I also maked MA for the pesky PIs...it mows em down pretty quick.

9. Arcadia62

Arcadia62 IncGamers Member

Eeep

I agree completely with the above. I'm in Act 3 NM using my original Act 1 Rogue merc (somewhat insane, I know, but that's me! lol) and a Valk.

I don't know what I'd do without my Valk -- or Decoy for that matter. Casting Decoy ahead has saved my backside many a time, and I just let my Valk go and have first crack at the Act bosses (I just plink away from the sidelines with my merc).

Both are incredibly valuable to a zon -- don't dismiss them too quickly!

Just my $.02 ...

D