Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zon Build/ Bow Socket Questions....

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Thorales, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Thorales

Thorales IncGamers Member

Zon Build/ Bow Socket Questions....

:worship: I think I'm still a little "newby", so I'll ask here. I recently found an Eaglehorn, YEAH!! I know it's not "uber" or "l33t", but I was a littl excited when I found it. I'm going to start a zon, and probably build a strafezon. I beleive that's the name of the build. Or is there a better build to use the Eagle with? Please any help you can give would be great. Also, what is best to socket it with? I have a Goldstrike, is it better to use ?? Thank you for your help in advance. :wave:

2. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

well i'm no zon expert but i can offer you a little bit of advice on socketing.

you should probably go with a shael rune or some kind of ed/ias jewel if you can get one(probably not).

here is the table for ias for WSM 10 bows(eaglehorn):

fps IAS
    15 0
    14 4
    13 11
    12 22
    11 35
    10 56
    9 89
    9 120
    8 147
    7 292

so depending on your gear, find a good breakpoint to reach, and you might want to consider shaeling your eaglehorn. i recommend at least 9 fps at 90 ias for a decent balance in killing speed and stability.

here is more info on ias.

http://www.diabloii.net/characters/amazon/faq2.shtml#What is IAS?

3. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Well, the first 9 is 9/3 and the second is 9/2,

For Strafe it would be Very significant to hit 9/2 because the 2 is how many frames it takes for all but the first arrow in Strafe.

Goldstrike is solid... But Eagle will work just fine for Strafe... I'd stick with Eagle if you can reach the 9/2 break (120%Ias). If you can't, Goldstrike may help you reach it.

4. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Lots of great bows until Eagle don't forget. Kuko in your 30's is a near must have. Beg, borrow, buy, trade, just get one. You'll love it. In your 40's up to Eagle there are tons of nice weapons. I used Lycander's for a LONG time with huge success. Goldstrike is another solid chioce. I didn't got for the uber breakpoint thing but chose rather to go for knockback (Nef rune) to keep monsters far away as possible. Strafe maxed, Valk, Merc and Decoy work real well and you'll have no trouble. When high enough I switched to full Mav's set and had no problems at all from then on. I don't know why so many people poo-poo Mav's set. My zon at level 84 with it laughs at hell. Have fun anyway. Strafezon is a very powerful and fun build. One last reccomendation: put a few points in Freezing Arrow. Freeze the crowd and then strafe away. Worked for me.

Glenn

5. Thorales

Thorales IncGamers Member

:surprise: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! WOW! It never ceases to amaze me the helpful people here on the forums. That is all very useful info, I have all the bows thankfully. I willendeavor to follow your suggestions, and perhaps gleen more insight from the strategy guide place. Hopefully, my new zon will live up the fun factor I need. :yep:

6. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

ah right. sorry i forgot you were going for strafe, not just regular attacks.