Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zon build around Mavina Set?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Zigot_HD, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Zon build around Mavina Set?

Hi,

I can't seem to find anything in search on builds around Mavina set ....

Does anyone see one?

Thx

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

The M'avina's set is pretty much catered to a Freezing Arrow build. It's a nice set. Not quite as nice as IK or Tal's but decent. Just look up a frost maiden build in the guides and that's what you want for a M'avinazon. I've built one before and they're pretty cool. Uber party friendly, since they freeze everything in sight.

3. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Hi, I am currently using one. What would you like to know about it?

Cheers,
    *wookie919

4. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

I've a freezing arrow/strafe Mavina zon, currently lvl ** on HC ladder. One of the best chars I've ever had. With good merc and high valk, she can solo any area of the game. She's a bit mana-hungry though, and finishing hell baal takes waay too much time. These are only disadvantages I can think of now.The set gives +100 to mf, so toss a gheeds + decent wartravs on her, and you have nice mf-er for pits/ancient tunnels/lower kurast/WSK/whatever ;)

5. Zigot_HD

What 's best skill/zon build using Mavina set, but it seems that strafe + Freezing arrow is what people use with great success.

Zig

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Strafe/FA is a great combo. Mav's set adds to this skill set. Two of the set items adds cold damage with Nova and Glacial Spike. Lots of + to dex and + to skills is extra nice.

My strafezon uses the full set. She is level 86. I run the pits and other places with her. But she needs help with Baal because the damage is too low (it takes a while to kill him), due to the "lower" damage built into the set bow.

7. Zigot_HD

oh.. one more question about stat placement:
    I'm tring to get as much life as i can. ( and maybe use some STR-Dext charm/ Anni to keep STR/dext as low as possible )

About other gear :
    boots : maybe just Trek for STR/ life and FHR / resist. / or just WT for MF.
    Rings : Raven ( dext / cbf ) , a dual AR resist ring
    Ammy : Highlord / Atma

Thx

Zig

8. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

for rings, a ravenfrost is always glued on to a finger. and since this build uses alotta mana, a good dual leech ring with resist and if you can, strength, is always good.

9. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

It seems that Mav is more popular than I thought. :)

Yep, my zon is also a Strafe/FA zon. She's got base Vitality (her life is 350 now), enough STR to wear equipments and rest in Dex. Need to be careful with her, otherwise she dies very quickly. :) (She pretty much dies in one hit when amped. Extra Strong, Multishot monsters really hurt as well.)

She's using Raven, Atma, Rare Leech Ring and Trek. She has a might merc to help her out. Socketed the bow with a Nef (Knockback really helps in sticky situations). Can't decide whether to put Um runes in the other pieces or PTopazes. She's also got a Demon Limb on switch.

5% chance of Amp from Atma's Scarab really helps with bigger monsters. Unless you are going to rely more on FA than strafe, I would recommend getting your Dex to at least 300 or so. Your physical damage would be very low otherwise. You would be strafing for a very long time if you have low dexterity (and don't use atma's).

I reckon she's the sexist thing I've ever played in D2. ;)