Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zon bear .. would it work?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Voice, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

zon bear .. would it work?

Okay so i looked around on the first 2 pages and didnt see any topics concerning this so I decided i would ask. I noticed some sorc/barbs doing the ol im gonna be a bear thing w/ beast since its viable for them. Then i got to thinking what other characters have melee potential ... i thought of zon w/ dodge etc. So first looked up the average melee zon attack speed .... i came to the conclusion of around 5.5-6 frames. And thats w/ a lot of attack speed. Then i calculated a zon bear w/ caddy beast ias ... and it reaches 6 frames w/ 10 oias.

So I got a few questions ... will mods like dodge and evade work while in bear form ? B/c Im thinking of making one for MELEE ONLY duels. meaning i could basically max out
    cs
    dodge
    inner sight
    penetrate

then mess around w/ others since those are the only ones i will need if m just going toe-toe.

Well i was just wondering ... any help would be apprecitated.

Also good thing about this is w/ this build i could negate using high lord or gores totally if i wanted to b/c of cs.

Just a thought.

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I'll go do a single player test...

3. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

you wont be able to use innersight in wolf form...... not sure about the other ones, though I think they ougt to work.

4. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

If passives do work in wolf form I can't stress Critical Enough. 50% Deadly vs. 65%+ Critical... well you see yourself. It saves up for a lot of tweaking.

Ooh, and Avoid makes you harder to hit when moving. Might be an idea since defense and block drops greatly when running.

5. memememe173

Yes you can...it worked for me any way...when it dodges...the bear quickly shifts to druid and the back, all in the time (it look like it any way) that it would take a zon to dodge normally

Note:I only tested Dodge, not Evade or Avoid

6. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

dece idea, I might try she out.

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

damn im glad i thought of this .. :clap: ... now i might need to come up with some gear suggestions etc.

8. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I thought of something .... might want to look into it ... 6 frames on a bear isnt that fast ..... DOH. Im such a mook.

9. memememe173

Champion Axe, War Spike, Caduceus are all -10 and qualify...don't forget the bonus from Fanat

10. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

If you don't want to do a Bear, try a Zeal-a-zon. It's not quite that fast, but I beleive you can get 5-6 frames Zeal or so if you REALLY push towards it (sacrificing a lot of gear that is). The passives would keep you really safe though.