Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zod in pre 1.10?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by d2fan, Aug 26, 2016.

1. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

If i find a Zod in pre 1.10 (is it confirmed that it only works there?, what about 1.10 beta or so)

can i socket a eth claw(read: any item), unsocket it in 1.10+ and slam chaos in it which then is indestructable and eth?

im not interested in the atmabug(because that one is explained well elsewhere), just asking for this way

also what would be the best source for pre 1.10 Zod(s)? i assume 1.07 java beats everything but maybe theres another imba char out there for a specific patch?

reason i ask is because eth indestr chaos would be godly because no repairing anymore!

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I don't think it has to be pre-1.10, just pre-1.11, but that should be easy to test.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To my knowledge, you have to unsocket it in the first subversion of 1.10 (not the beta). I'm not sure if that bug occurred just on bnet back then, however.

The rune doesn't have to come from an earlier patch, however. It could as well be one from the version in which the eth socket bug works.

4. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Iirc I read somewhere that you need to socket the item with the Zod in 1.07-1.09 - to make the item itself indestructible. Then unsocket it in 1.10+.

So yeah, someone gieb me 7x 1.07 Zods!

pharphis likes this.
  5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I doubt 1.07 zon beats 1.09 zon due to player settings. However, if 1.09 lightning fury doesn't carry crushing blow + other types of dmg... then maybe.

I'm still thinking A5 special chests might be the best source in 1.07 due to zod being less rare than cham and no player settings to increase drops from cows.

6. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

is the chance for zod on a chest at least 1/65k ?

might be worth the shot, but then 09 would probably better with playersetting or?

7. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

No. A few points to make,

1) there is no guarantee of a zod pattern. If there was, then yes, it would be 1/65k. Wait, maybe not because of

2) the 65k patterns are for the truncated seeds (superchests) that exist in A1-4. The bit of reading I've done on this suggests that A5 chests are not truncated like those in LK and so there are actually ~4.3 billion patterns. You can read the 1.07 superchest thread and check some of the more recent posts for some quotes of jjscud by me where he describes this (without outright confirming it). Essentially, he points out that the object types don't match the rest of the superchests (even if they appear to have the same behavior such as 19/20 drops being all blues, 1/20 being all yellows.
    Anyway, if this is true it means that with 4.3 billion patterns, the % of runes that are zod are probably about equivalent to what they would be from monsters.

As an aside, perhaps regular objects could possibly drop zods more frequently if they behave like those in LK but there's no guarantee they do and I'm just musing based on some other stuff jjscud has written about. If there's interest, I'll dig up the relevant thread later. I also believe there was a recent thread on this forum regarding drops from non-superchest objects and their possible usefulness due to the frequency of ber/Lo, etc. but I dno't quite remember. It was from a few months ago.

d2fan likes this.
  8. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

what is with those sparkling chests in a1 and a2 (tal tombs and pits, and maybe ancient tunnels) can they drop that high?

well probably not, i guess those areas are not lvl 85 in this patch

well if the % is the same as from monsters i guess othing beats a cowrunner

and since 07 drops are pretty BS, 09 seems better, since actually usefull stuff could drop there (like rare weapons without craptastic stats)

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Chests don't care about area level when it comes to base items. Only which act they're in.