Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ZOD - Dupe%?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Earl Grey, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey IncGamers Member

ZOD - Dupe%?

What percentage of ZOD's are duped (or created through some other cheating means)?

2. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

A reasonable assumption would be:

Zods you personally find = 100% Real
    Zods you trade for = 100% Fake

If you trade for a Zod assume it is about as real as a "Rolex" brought from a street vendor in Thailand for $10, and expect it to last about as long once blizzard do a rust-storm (or whatever it is that makes 'em go poof).

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The sixth Zod I have known to ever dropped legitimately, dropped yesterday after 4 years of playing. I know probably 100 people who play this game regularly 2-3 hours per day, mostly WSK and high questing levels of Hell where zods are possible.

With the 10,000's who play bnet worldwide and the 10,000's who have BOTD's and have the old zod bugged items. I would say closer to a few million zods are on bnet.

So I would say that 99.999998% of all zods on Bnet are dupes. just ask anyone willing to trade a zod where they found it or what they traded for it, with its actual rarity it should go for a few hundred elite uniques and specialty rares.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I've played LOD since about 6 months after it came out (played classic for a long time before, but that's irrelevant) and I've only ever found ONE Zod, if that gives you an idea. (Burning dead archer dropped it in the bloody foothills ladder season 1 v 1.10, I'm looking for a vex to drop to match it on nonlad so I can make one of the only legit botds on bnet...heh)

5. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Why not just cube 2 gul runes to get that vex?

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I suspect more are legit than most suspect due to all the botting going on, but yes, I wouldn't assume that any Zod I traded for was legit.

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

in my 4 years of playing, the highest i've ever found was ohm, and that was in .10. i never even saw a sacred armor drop in .09. i saw one drop in .10 beta, and took a screenshot.

8. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

That's tweaking "legit" to the max, just because it's not gonna *poof* don't make it legit.

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

because the zod is now on nonladder, as am I.

10. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Speaking of zods, I'm sure the thread starter is aware of the recent zod find in a multiplayer game, this is probably the only chance you'll ever hear of someone picking the rune up legitimitely.

I only play single player, so I'm guessing with Battle.net, the elite runewords and higher potential for cheating that most zods and high runes on battlenet are likely to be fake or duped in some way.

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

i'd say about 2000-10000+ are legit ... out of about 1000000 or so ...... oh i got a legit ebotdz woot woot. Thats about 0.2 - 1 %

12. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Does anyone know which monsters can drop Zod and what the approx chance of dropping is?
    Just out of curiosity

13. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

The comparison you made is not very correct - consumer benefit of using duped zod and legit is the same. When you make the rune word there is no matter what is the origin of the rune....

14. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Some forum users have mentioned runeworded items not working correctly after some of the duped runes used to make the runeword disappeared in the socketed item...

15. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I can't say what's the % of legit Zod out there but it's tiny small. There was a time when I was wasting around 40-50 hours a week playing this game and I never found a Zod. The highest rune I found, a couple of times, was a Ohm. I found maybe 5 or 6 of them and most were found doing cow runs when it was the thing. Without certainty, I am pretty sure I found one Lo and one Ber at one time or a another. I can find echos of my own experience in other's comments and I can say with a good degree of certainty that findind runes above Ohm is extremely difficult and it requires more than presistent playing, it requires luck.

16. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Brutal and disgusting dumb luck... :p..

I played D2 classic for a while, while I couldn't find the Expansion set to buy it, but i was reading stuff on the websites and stuff... Before joining Expansion, I thought getting anything over Vex would be a "in-game dream come true"...

Just to have an idea, taken out of diabloii.net, refering to 1.08 (didn't change much since then)

So, 1 Zod, per (let's round down the number a little, to compensate for any tweaking till 1.10) 100 MILLION lvl 90 bosses you kill... This, assuming that blizz didn't make runes even scarcer, wich was a very possible option..

Even with bots, 24/7 runners, and people with plain'ol dumb luck, I think you can figure that at max, 2% of the available Zods/Runewords using Zod today are Legit...

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Those numbers you got there have changed DRASTICALLY. Besides, I think those numbers were never correct at all, and d2.net still having that info is dumb, to say the least.

18. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Site needs updating, but I don't think they changed THAT much...

RTB, we need you here..

19. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

They completely retweaked the rune TCs every patch so far.
    The number of Els you expect to see per higher rune in 1.10 is:

El 1
    Eld 1.5
    Tir 1.8
    Nef 2.7
    Eth 2.6
    Ith 3.9
    Tal 3.1
    Ral 4.6
    Ort 4.4
    Thul 6.6
    Amn 7.2
    Sol 11
    Shael 14
    Dol 21
    Hel 27
    Io 40
    Lum 52
    Ko 79
    Fal 104
    Lem 156
    Pul 208
    Um 312
    Mal 363
    Ist 544
    Gul 634
    Vex 951
    Ohm 1109
    Lo 1664
    Sur 1941
    Ber 2911
    Jah 3396
    Cham 5094
    Zod 17826

I know, upside down from the other list, but you could do 17826 divided by all these numbers to see the per Zod rate.
    They did in fact more than double the rate of Zods since 1.09 and you can see the difference since 1.08. It is not a big surprise that more Zods seem to fall now. However, they should still be outrageously rare, and the vast majority of them online are duped.

20. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

I know some people here get a bit stressed about accuracy of theory and calculations, so i warn that these are very approximate and designed to give an order of magnitude estimate.

If you want your own real Zod then these are the two ways to guarentee it's real:

Finding a Zod:
    An earlier post states that out of about 100 people who play 2-3 hours a day he knows of 6 Zods which have dropped in 4 years (approx 50,000 hours per Zod). This does not seem too unreasonable - 6% of regular/heavy players who have been playing for a long time have found a Zod in the last 4 years. If you decide to start looking for your own you can therefore reasonably expect to play 2-3 hours a day for about 65 years (4years/6%) or 8 hours a day for a mere 24 years.

Cubing a Zod
    Cube up lower runes until you get a Zod. Best way would be to Hellforge and cube up the Guls (which i understand are the highest you can get). By my calcs you can get a Gul, or equivalent in cubed lower runes, about every 6 Hell runs. To get a Zod you need to cube 2 to the power of 8 Guls (i may be wrong here, but the point still stands), meaning you need a mere 256 Guls which you can get from a puny 1500 Hell Hellforge runs. With a fast rusher this would be maybe only 2000 hours of gaming time (Have never done hellforge so may be a bit out here). At 3 hours a day of dedicated Hellforge runs you could expect to cube a Zod in just over a 2 years. Just hope that the Ladder does not reset!

Given how easy it is to get yourself a Zod i can't understand why anyone would feel the need to get a duped one...

Really i think that Zod runewords should be banned from player guides, and people posting comments like "or you could just zod it" refering to preserving eth items should be discouraged. It's not realistic to plan your gear around getting a Zod and people should not be encouraged to do so. If you're lucky enough to find one then you have probably been playing long enough to know what you plan to do with it.