Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zero str build

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Voice, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

zero str build

I was thinking of making a ww fury pvp w/ zero str. using enigma and various other forms of +str to get ss I was wondering if this would work. It would be pure vit. Also i was wondeirng if I did manage to make this happen would it be better to do HoW or oak sage.

I was also thinking of the other varient as well .... a pure str no vit. wolf. 2 hander ... using HoW ... basically he would be trying to use range and kill everything w/ like 1-2 hits ... i know a friend that did this and got over 6k life w/ oak .... was just wondering which would be better. In your opinion.

btw he would be dueling in priv. nm duels not hell duels so using enigma for +str wouldnt hurt my resist at all.

2. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

the various other forms of str is what caught my eye. if you make it out of a breastplate, i guess you are in the clear. Superior 15% might boost the base defense decently on the 700+ it comes with.

otherwise, 77 str is min. i guess a ring could give 20 str? most on a stat i ever found was that. I guess an amulet you could have +30. +3 shape +30 str. use a widowmaker and make a 45% ias hat i guess

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

About the no str fury WW...

I was just wondering what are you going to use for Enigma? Breastplate? I know Enigma can get like +70str but if you use archon plate it would be a pain to re-equip your armor and putting those runes into a quilted armor doesn't sound right...

About spirits, I guess I would choose Oak if I had tons of sharp charms and HoW if I had vita charms... but I guess your not aiming for balanced builds so go for what you feel is right for your build!

Anyway, nice to see some have got over the shock of 1.10 and are experimenting new builds. Good luck!

edit: I guess belts can have 50 str not sure.

4. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

beware chargers if going pure str.

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

base druid str = 15

Alright here is how it was gonna go if zero str. I got a dusk shroud engima on a multi aura pally im thinking of scraping sooooo

77str for dusk shroud

jalals needs 65 str = +20 str means all i need is 57
    Get a nice 15+ str ammy ... takes me down to 42
    dracs + 15 req. 50 str. takes me down to 27
    use 4 x 5 str gc's.

basically i'll use 3 x 5 gc's. to give me 30 str. Then i'll use a +15 ammy and get me up to 50.

dracs will get me up to 65
    jalals will get me to 77

at a high enough lvl w/ enigma i would need probably around 10 into str to make it work. or i could add more +str sc's.

Dex would hit around 120 then rest into vit. and use oak.

If done right i think i could easily hit around 8-10k life w/ max dr.

6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I know a druid that put zero into vit and had 6k life ... that is w/o bo btw ... pure legit... so i doubt life will be an issue.

7. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

well i'm speaking in ladder terms here. i don't think there is one druid on ladder to pass up my life just yet. and i've seen 6k life barbs go down in 2 charges from a pure charger pala with an ebotd tmaul. imagine that. and druids have crap for fhr and fbr[well bears anyway]. a wolf will fare better fhr wise, but if u're using a shield, ur fbr is gonna suck beans. good luck on it.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Lol yea, eth botd pally did about 2600 damage to my 50% dr, kinda surprised me.
    When you think about it that's 1/12 of his damage, that's like 30k.

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Actually i wasnt planning on using a shield now that you mention it ..... I'm gonna try to hit 10k or so physical damage at 4 frames w/ a range of 5 and go pvp with it.

goal:
    10k damage
    8k life w/o bo .... I have done a good bit of calculations and it seems possible if i get off my *** and make it ... but i like to keep looking at other things before i dive into a build. Not to mention i spent most of my mfing funds on my pally ... so i ether scrap him and get rich again or mf for another week or so.