Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zerks make 2h axes trivial?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sunflowersmooth, Nov 3, 2006.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

zerks make 2h axes trivial?

I found an eth silver edged axe with superior 9 % ed and 3 to ar (as if that really mattered). I would think it is the best 2 handed 5 socketed axe you could find in many instances. But I see no use for it.

The ba makes 2 handed axes worthless I assume. What possible uses could anyone have for this axe?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I don't think anyone would use that thing, unless they want to stick a Grief/Doom/Beast in it just for the hell of it.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Druids are the class for heavy two handers. It just so happens that no one makes melee druids though. If fury druids are someday as good as zeal pallies, maybe that will change. Barbs of course were designed for them too, but WW's "weapon speed only" and "dual wielding means 50% more hits" nullified that. Chargers of course also specialize in slow weapons, but charge has been bugged for longer than a lot of those good runewords have existed.

4. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

Fury druids ARE as good as zeal pallys. Mine holds his own against most zealots and I daresay does much better vs most casters and definitely vs smiters!

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Holy shield - Awesome defense properties, 75% block easy.
    Zeal/fanat - More damage than fury/HoW

Druids get more life, but pallies have much better defense and 75% blocking, which ends up as more survivability. They also have shields that provide lots of resists. I'm not talking about PvP either in case you are.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I think he is referring to PvP where fury druids have superior range and in general better duellers than zealots who are about 95% useless in pub duels.