Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot weapon question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sorcynecro, Nov 16, 2006.

1. sorcynecro

sorcynecro IncGamers Member

Zealot weapon question

I've returned to my hell Zealot as my mf runs with BlizBaller have returned some goodies - Guardian, Shako and Nord's to name a few. I left my zealot cos he couldnt hack it in hell with a weak weapon and armour. Now he is equipped he wipes the floor with the corpses of act 1 cold plains. :laugh:

I know its only act 1 but he died all the time before. Anyway, i see in the builds they dont mention Nord's, rather Schaeffer's. Is Nord's worth using as i like it or am i missing something about Schaeffer's where i should aim for that?

2. lachen

lachen IncGamers Member

In my opinion Nord's is a great weapon if you haven't got other things available. Big cold damage, freezes target, AR bonus.. Also only needs another 15 IAS to reach 4fpa Zeal. (assuming slvl 20 Fanat)

3. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Nord's is a good weapon. If your zealot dies al the time there's something else that's wrong though. How high are his resistances and how high is his life, life leech, defense, chance to block, etc?

4. EJB

EJB IncGamers Member

I Pat'd my zealot with nord's, duriels, rockstopper, a 4 pdiamond pally shield, and the rest were rares. As long as you have max or more resists, lots of life leech, and max block, a zealot will make it through like a champ.

EJB

5. sorcynecro

sorcynecro IncGamers Member

His resistance were around 50, light and fire being 60 but his damage was around 600 and armour was 150 defense so i needed to get something better before he could progress.

i will proceed with the gear he has now as he has become fun again but would like a better shield than 4 pdiamond paladin shield. Perhaps a HoZ can drop next time *crosses fingers and toes*

6. Pucho

Pucho Banned

Rhyme in a paladin shield would be better than HoZ if you don't have a source of CBF, they can get up to 70 resist all

7. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Okay, nice to hear that you're having a good time playing him again. If you need any further help with choosing equipment or distributing stats and skill points, just post the details about your eq etc. and I (or someone else here) will help you out.