Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot Weapon Choice

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by tydon, Mar 6, 2004.

1. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Zealot Weapon Choice

I am unsure on values of these, so along with the pros and cons of these, if anyone knows if a 16x eth skulders, arachnid mesh, and a mid anny can actually get me these, it would be appreciated.

Typical Zealot , pvp and pvm

Beast Zerker Axe- I think this looks like a very good choice if I could afford it....

Cresent moon- Good pvm, but lacking in pvp

Stormlash- Better than cresent in pvm and pvp, but still weaker in pvp than some other choices.

Stone crusher- Slow, but overall a rounded weapon that would excel in neither, but do okay in both.

Death Cleaver- Looks very good damage and deadly strike wise....with highlords and gores, this could make a DS build. Balanced between pvp and pvm well, other than beast, this looks like a very good choice imo.

Rune Master- I could socket it with like 2 shaels if I needed speed, and stick some ~30 ed jewels in there to get some very decent damage, I could get close to 300 damage easily, however, for the cost of jewels and such, the death cleaver, if I have enough, would be better.

Those are my basic choices I can think of, and taking into consideration my funds, maybe someone can help me look at these things in a different light.

Thanks,
    Tydon

2. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

One that I didnt see mentioned and is one of my favorites is Nords

3. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

or an ethreal Baranar's Star zodded, and recently, alot of people here have been talking about an ethereal Razor's Edge, not to mention an Ethereal Death Cleaver (That one is my favorite choice, yet I do not even have one yet :) so i go with estar in that case, or mostly a fury scourge.... haha)

I'm not sure, but those are just some other options, you would use beast along with concentration? or what?

4. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I would use concentration along with beast, yes, but I do not know if I can afford one, I only have the items to trade that I listed, so my funds are iffy..

5. Kilari

Kilari IncGamers Member

How about ethereal Demon Limb? Doesn't even require zod 'cause it has durability reparation mod.

6. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

How much would one of those cost, it looks interesting........even can enchant yourself :). Can you repair it the charges, I have never used an ethreal charged item.

7. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

storm and shaffers r nice, i hear beast is good 2, doom and exile really pack a punch, and of cource the botd. also demon limb nords like listed b4 are all good choices. check out cyrus's guide on zealots he lists some nice weaps also

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I would've thought the unique Berserker Axe would be the weapon of choice, but then you'd probably have to find a eth one and zod it for it to compare with BotD

9. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

yup, i use that as my weapon switch because the enchant lasts for around 10 minutes and it doubles your AR, not too bad. it costs about 12,000 to repair for each charge though, so make the most out of the times you enchant yourself.

10. Kilari

Kilari IncGamers Member

Ethe Demon Limb's charges can't be repaired. Ho ever I still find it rather good weapon. It ain't expensive either; I think I bought a ladder one with pgems and craft runes and I have also found one myself.
    Unique Tyrant Clubs aren't rare and 15% of all items are eth, or something like that..

11. Krime

Krime IncGamers Member

5% of all items dropped, are etheral.

cya, Krime

12. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

Personally, I think the best zealot weapon is Glimmershred. I have one and with it, I can solo in 8 player hell and not have to worry about any type of immunes. Another huge advatage is not having to hunt down bone mages and archers in hell. You can throw it at them instead. Saves time and effort. It also lets you choose the aura. Fanaticism is no longer the obvious choice. I find that conviction does wonders. One weakness is life leeching. Since the physical damage is not that high, I found that I needed to add addtional life leeching.

Urlic

13. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

This will be extremely biased (since I recently found one) but I want to reccomend Stormlash. I have been very impressed at the killing ability of this weapon when used zealing with my V/T. With his godly lvl 1 zeal and lvl 1 sacrifice, he can actually solo most of act 5 with the 'lash. Excellent damage, speed, static is great for crowds, and dont underestimate the tornados it spits out occasionally.
    As far as availability, only the crescent moon is less expensive on the list youve provided. Actually, you can get a stormlash very cheaply sometimes, people simply dont value it as high as they should. Ive seen them trade for for an occy before (non ladder of course).
    Anyway, my non-zealot does almost 4k dmg with this thing and I think it would rock on a true zealot. Besides, its black and looks badass, how many people use a scourge?

MajorB

14. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

if u used that glimmer u would b a dragoon(what ever the name is) the weapon throwing pali build thing lol, but still its kool

15. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Well......you dont have to throw them.

16. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

well i did :rant:<----god u gota love this thing...

17. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I actually found a heavens light, so I think I will go with that. On a level 63 pally with no gear except it, I do 1800 damage zeal, so I think once I level up some, and stick some ed jewels in it, I should be able to get another k or so.

Thanks for the inputs :)

18. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

One of the most overlooked weapons if you are on Ladder is a good 2 socket Djinn Slayer. If you put 2 Shaels in there you already have 5 FPS Zeal iirc without any OIAS. It has the highest fire damage of any single weapon in the game (250-500) I'm 99% sure, and it does excellent damage vs demons and has mana leech. It is faster, has more fire damage, and does more physical damage (at least over time) vs Demons than Demon Limb. Unless you have an ethereal Demon Limb, a good double Shaeled Djinn Slayer is more effective. I've used both, and Demon Limb does have some very nice mods (mine had 12% LL) but Djinn Slayer (a -20 weapon, with 40% IAS on top of that!) is just wicked fast and does more damage over time. There is one drawback with Djinn Slayer.....durability is not high (obviously not a problem with Demon Limb), but if that is not a big problem for you, its a great weapon.

By the way, as mentioned before, Nord's Tenderizer is a great weapon too. Its better than Baranars or Demon Limb IMHO.

Oh lol, after all this bantering I didn't see you decided to go for Heavan's Light :)

19. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

y nords,EVERY char in hell is cold resistant, i think demon limb is better IMHO

20. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Nords is faster and does more damage, and I'm certain not every monster in Hell diff is cold resistant. Trust me, I had both, Nord's was better for me, however I did not have an ethereal Demon Limb. Nord's is better than Baranar's also IMO. I liked Djinn Slayer myself. Also, as in 1.09 if you have some amount of Crushing Blow, the freeze on Nord's seems to break monsters quicker than these monsters would normally die.