Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot Uber

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MOUNJIMA, Sep 2, 2006.

1. MOUNJIMA

MOUNJIMA IncGamers Member

Zealot Uber

ive noticed that alot of people says that a smiter or a zealot can uber in like 5 or less... but does it matter if its LOD? cuz my friend told me that he has a lvl 99 smiter and he had a hard time doing uber..

so does it matter to the realm or the version of diablo 2 you have?

any help would be greatly appreaciated

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

if he couldnt handle it then he had built it wrong...

whats he's lvl 99's name then I'd like to see him on the ladder

:shocked:
    *priit2

3. MOUNJIMA

dont remember

4. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

You shouldn't make a thread on a topic if you can't even remember anything about it.

5. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

His thread had NOTHING to do with the friend. He was simply making an observation about the difficulty of the ubers based on what a high level friend told him. He was asking whether or not the ubers were difficult -- nothing more and nothing less. The fact that his friend has a 99 smiter that had a rough time doing it wasn't the focal point of the post...

It's entirely possible that is the case. Maybe he has a 99 that he plays constantly, but perhaps he is poor and has terrible equipment. Why in the world would it be so unfathomable that that is the case?

Not everyone that levels a character to 99 is uber-rich, nor do they manage to find the best equipment in the game. Some people just really like to play.

With that said, without some hardcore planning the ubers can be extremely difficult. It helps if you learn how to spawn them individually, only one at a time. That's makes the situation drastically easier. It might not be as big a deal if you have 8 people in a game, but to solo them requires some serious planning.

6. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

First, get off your soapbox, how do you know that any of your speculation has anything more to do with the topic than what the poster originally intended? You don't, in fact you didn't even address his actual questions.

Second, what's the point of giving someone information when they don't pay attention? How do we know that this person remembers the situation correctly if they cannot even remember the name of the person they got said information from?

Maybe his friend was really 59, not 99; that could have been the problem. Maybe he wasn't a Smiter, maybe he was a Hammerdin, or a Jabber, or a Poison Necro; who knows? Maybe the O/P should give us real information to work with so we can help them, and not answer their questions with "dont remember."

See I can speculate too.

7. MOUNJIMA

do you ******* think that i can remember all the names of my friends characters? and man, im not an idiot he WAS a smiter and lvl 99.Im not sure if he had GODLY gear or gears he got from normal so lay off the smiter.And Aiglos IS right, my post had barely nothing to do with the smiter, i was asking about the difficulty. Dude cant you read? my questions were "does it matter if THE VERSION WAS LOD OR THE REALM?"

8. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Honestly, I think that either:

A.) You have a friend who used a bot to get to 99, and you don't want to use his name because bots are against the EULA. Because any 99 Smiter worth anything can solo Ubers in maybe 2-3 minutes. Even with messes up abilities and skills. Even with crappy gear. Even without any LoD stuff.

OR

B.) You lied about having a 99 friend and you "dont remember" his name because you made him up and are just trying to name drop (hah) in a question thread even though there's no reason too.

I'm leaning towards B.

Based off your grammar and spelling and the above I think you're an idiot; and based off of your response I think you're a joke. If you want to find something out don't post trash threads like this.

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE IT'S THERE FOR A REASON

9. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I'm terribly confused by the information given like a lot of the other posters here.

LoD? That stands for Lord of Destruction, no? In which case, yes you must be playing LoD to play the ubers. There is no uber Trist in Classic.

Version? You talking patch? 'Cause my following question would be, he plays on B.net right? Not single player...

And difficulty doesn't differ across the realms...

Anywho, level means nothing. You need to have a bit of CB to take them on quickly and efficiently. Maybe your friend is poorly geared or it was his first time.

My first time in Trist the beginning of this ladder took a good hour to beat - pretty gear makes a difference. Now I can do it in 2 minutes or less.

And about that 99 issue. Who cares?!? I have two 99's that I can assure you are not found on ladder as they were created before LoD was released, then subsequently converted and leveled. I couldn't recite all their gear and charms if I tried - only update, never use. The same could apply here as well.

10. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Yeah you're right, maybe I was out of line. People who post crap like this and don't care that we have to sift through it to get to real questions or useful information make me mad.

MOUNJIMA I apologize but you need to read the forum rules and learn how to find this sort of information out yourself before you post.

11. Bliphgar

Bliphgar IncGamers Member

ive noticed that alot of people says that a smiter or a zealot can uber in like 5 or less... but does it matter if its LOD? cuz my friend told me that he has a lvl 99 smiter and he had a hard time doing uber..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you post, try not to be so random. First, you start off as if you're asking if a zealer or a smiter can uber 5 (I assume minutes) or less. In that regard, yes, they can do it a lot faster than that actually. Then you ask if it matters if you can do ubers in LoD, which is a completely different conversation. Then you throw in that your 'friend' (i'm skeptical as to if it was really your friend or something you've just made up) has a level 99 smiter and had a hard time at them. The confusing part about all this is that the point of the thread is so vague until you specify it in the second part of your post. Ugh.

Anyway, here's your answer: Yes, it does matter what version you're playing. You have to be playing the expansion (Baal doesn't even exist in classic), and uber tristram wasn't added until 1.11. Uber tristram is also closed realm only, and you can't play on the closed realms unless your version of Diablo is up to date.