Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zealot/smiter against physical immune

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by fbrooks, Oct 5, 2006.

1. fbrooks

fbrooks IncGamers Member

zealot/smiter against physical immune

I have zealot/smiter with traditional gear (grief/heavens light, fortitude, tgods, draculs, ..).

But what's best weapon against physical immunes ? I cannt kill them fast enough with grief/heavens light ?

How does Vengeance work ?
    Lets say I have 100 physical damage. Level 1 Vengeance gives you 70 fire, 70 lightning and 70 cold on top of the 100 physical ?

2. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Zealers often use a dream helm and max Resist Lightning (is a synergie for holy shock and adds 12%) and max Salvation (adds 4% as synergie).
    In this case you will do enough lightning and poison (venom) damage to kill PIs. If you don't use lifetap (draculs), you could also consider equiping your merc with reapers.
    Vengeance doesnt work with grief.

3. fbrooks

fbrooks IncGamers Member

Thx vey much.

But I dont understand this part.
    Reapers gives you Decripify, but what about Draculs ?
    A merc with draculs ?

My merc uses Tals helm (= LL) , Obedience thresher, and Duriels

4. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

If you yourself use draculs you have a CTC lifetap. If your merc uses reapers he has a CTC decrep.
    However if you use dracul AND your merc uses reapers, your lifetap curse will constantly be replaced by the decrep curse, since 2 curses can't be active at the same time. There are a few exceptions, but not in the case of LT and Decrep

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

How funny. You have all the fancy gear, yet you have problems with physical immunes.

My Zealot is geared with welfare mule gear and he can hack away at physical immunes.

He uses an Azurewrath you see. It adds enough magical damage for me to kill physical immunes with Zeal.

6. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Any weapon with high elemental/magic damage on switch will do fine. I had the luck to find a Gimmershred Unique Flying Axes. It does more than 1k non-phys dam per hit. More than enough to Zeal PIs. And you can throw them when you have Iron Maiden on you.
    Baranar's Star and Azurewrath are good alternatives.
    A not so efficient, but viable alternative I used before: a Harmony Blade Bow on switch. It's not hard to make and does around 500 non-phys damage. It has +5 to Valk, so you can summon her to tank while you arrow enemies. (I also have an Act 1 merc).

7. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Azurewrath allows you to dispatch of packs of PIs easily. It has a better range and better attack speed than a Gimmershred, but those work well too. A Gimmershred can also be thrown, which comes in handy vs. IM casters.

Like Superdave, I use an Azurewrath on switch to handle PIs.

8. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Yeb, all true. However you won't be able to use your CTA on switch

9. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

The Famine runeword is also a good choice, if more expensive than other options.

10. ucfengr

ucfengr IncGamers Member

I've had pretty good luck with Lawbringer, a relatively cheap runeword (Amn-Lem-Ko). It does pretty good fire and cold damage, plus a Sanctuary aura to keep undead PIs from ganging up on you and it has a 20% chance to cast Decrepify (which slows, reduces damage, and Physical Resistance by 50%). As Zealot should have no problem hitting that 20% all the time.

11. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Azurewrath is a nice thing to have. I usually stash em in the cube, so if you encounter PI, run to some safe corner and then switch em out. Gimmer is more useful if you like to Chaos alot since IM is extremely nasty to a zealer, but there are NO PIs in there aside from the occasional super unique monster.

12. fbrooks

fbrooks IncGamers Member

Thx all for the information

Just need an Azurewrath or a gimmershred now :smiley:

13. Kull

Kull IncGamers Member

dracul's and reaper's is not a problem at all to use together .... i had a lvl98 zealot in season 2 who can confim it ...

14. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Another option to Azurewrath is Astreon's Iron Ward. Astreon's has enough magic damage to deal effectively with IP's and can add up to 4 skills to Holy Shield on the pre-buff.