Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zealot questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Duy, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

zealot questions

atm im wearing

crown of ages
    highlords
    stormlash
    stone armour
    draculs
    2 raven frosts
    verdungos
    gore riders

cant decide between storm or exile for my pvp zealot
    exile will grant me a lot of defense, on the other hand with a storm i will be able to obtain max PDR whereas the exile will only give me 46% (by socketing my crown with 2 X bers), is the 4% important?
    im wearing draculs so if i were to use the exile should i pick another pair of gloves? if so could you suggest some gloves?

one last question,
    im wearing 2 ravens , but ive read in recent posts where people are using one raven and a dual leech ring. is the mana leech that important?

thanks.

2. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

Exile, all the way, 4% dosent matter man... Btw, get a Engima, then you can still max DR, plus Enigma is a better armor, get an eth Exile. About the gloves, it's not a crime to keep on the dracul's, but still crafted Blood gloves are also a very good choice. Having 2 Frosts is good, but the dual leech rings are probably Raven Spiral, Havoc Spiral. I find Havoc Spiral better than Raven Spiral.

3. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

great, hey thanks for the reply.

could you explain to me why enigma is better than stone?

atm i have 23k def with stone on, and the str and vit bonus !

i dont see myself teleporting around with enigma, because im melee and it will just drain my mana. the only advantage i see is the massive str it gives, which would allow for more life.

so in the end what it comes down to is a toss up between huge defense or huge life???

4. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

I haven't tried PVP since the patch, but I remember getting my butt kicked with a zealot back in .09. Personally, I think Zealots are much better PVM than PVP. I always had problems with Sorc, Zons (probably easier now with no penetrate GA), geeked up Barbs (with 2million HPs and 100 DR), Necros, geeked up Druids(5million HPs), and assassins (setting traps right outside the town). I think with the new patch, cold Sorc would be hard to beat, unless you get incredible amount of cold absorb. Even with Max resist, cold mastery will get you murdered.

5. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

Instead of Enigma, you might want to go for Chains of Honor, offer 8% pdr too, and some nice other bonusses

6. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Enigma is absolutely pointless on a zealot, unless you build it from the ground up to take advantage of the strength bonus. So are leetch rings to be quite honest. Leetch in pvp does nothing, the only way I see a leetch ring being useful is if it also has stat boosts, or resists that you may need. Keep your ravens, or use angelic sets with ammy if you want a beastly AR.

Armor wise, stone or gloom is what I prefer. Chains of honor is nice, but you seem pretty set on dr, +2 skills wont make much of a difference on a zealot, and if you want resists make a gloom, itll have better defense anyway.

MajorB