Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot questions.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TraxisX, Mar 6, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Zealot questions.

I'm making a Zealot but I have a few questions:

-What is a good weapon? I don't have much, (only elite unique weps I have are Baranar's and Lightsabre). Would a 'Crescent Moon' Phase Blade be any good?

-What should I socket in my HoZ and Guardian Angel?

-What skills should I max first? I was thinking of going in this order: Fanat, Zeal, Sacrifice, Holy Shield?. What should I put points into after that? Would Defiance be good for the bonus to Holy Shield?

-What merc should I use? I will probably go with A2 HF, but I was thinking of all the defense I would have with Defiance + Holy Shield, so would that be a good choice?

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

All of those are pretty good, I'd propably use Crescent Moon as main weapon and Lightsabre as the switch if I were you.

Max your resists, so Um / perfect diamond(s), after maxed, 40/15's are always nice...*dreams of 'em*

Umm no...not like this.

Fanatism is a must, and it's good to max first, but before you even get that, you should raise zeal to 5 and after that pump sacrifice as much as you can as that's the one that boosts your dmg the most. So, from those, max Zeal the last, as all it really gives is some AR and low dmg bonus.

As for skills after those, it's pretty much a choice between Vengeance and Defiance. You can easily cope without vengeance (though I recommend 1 point), but then again you can easily cope without defiance too...

Might merc all the way...allows you to kill faster and it allows your merc to kill faster. Best defense is good offense :teeth:

3. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I'm clearly not as well-versed in Zealots as Borlag, but I'd suggest the Tesladin variant if you're interested in big lightning damage. I've had a TON of fun with him so far and would suggest him to anyone who's interested in a non-fanatic zealot variant.

4. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

I did the Tesladin in 1.09 and it was a lot of fun, but I ran into serious AR problems around Act 3 Hell, and everything I did to try to correct them created other problems (lost too much LL, lost too many resistances, and/or lost too much FHR). I even tried a Blessed Aim merc, but that created a lot of defensive issues.

I might make another one now that I've got a Lightsaber from my retired S/S WW barb, or try out a Frost Zealot. Slower monsters means fewer swings/shots at you, allowing you to get by with less than ideal equipment, or as I think I'm going to do, a huge load of crushing blow gear. Plus, each hit will deal four different types of damage without having to fool with Vengeance, freeing up some skill points for other support skills.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

For me, I have max sacrifice, zeal, fanat, holy shield, and defience. 1 pt in vengence just in case.

6. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I've made 3 level 99 zealots zealot so this comes from experience.

As weapons go, Baranar's star is the best easy weapon for a Zealot with maybe a lightsabre on the switch. Just look at the stats. But the most overlooked weapon for a zealot is Nord's Tenderizer, you can get 4 FPS so much faster with Nord's . Cresent Moon is always an option and it's so easy to make (Shael + Um+ Tir).

As for aura's on early rounds, 5 on zeal, max Fanatism, and enough on Holy Shield to give you max. block. On later rounds max Zeal, 10 Vengeance (for those pesty physical Imnunes) and max Sacrifice (for synergy).

As for socketing, that is the hardest question because I don't know what you're missing. Borlag has great suggestions, Um, Perfect Diamond, 40/15 Jewel.

As for Mercs go, I'm using a Barbarian because I like the up to your face melee and I want him right beside me to take advantage of my auras, so I can protect him in case he gets cornered. But that's a personal choice.

*Cyrus* had a geat guide for a Zealot and I'll be glad to e-mail it to you.

Takis (El_Greco)
    [email protected]

7. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

My Zealot is using a Gimmershread which makes the PI:s fall without any problem at all and you can switch and be a ranger when OK are nearby. But with your equipment I go with Baranars star very nice elemental damage on that one aswell.

DX