Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Charlie Strong, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Charlie Strong

Charlie Strong Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a level 43 hammerdin and just finished nightmare; I picked up a unique mace "Bloodrise" and was wondering if this is a decent enough weapon to begin a reroll. Does anyone know any better weapons and where they drop for a Zealot, and what kind of gear I should get and where to get it? Pre-hell? Thank you alot

- playing classic not LOD

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm no expert about classic, but I would generally not respec your character for that weapon. That question is also a matter of the manner in which you play that character, however.

Are you on single player or closed bnet?

If you are on bnet (which isn't worth doing for classic in my opinion), are you trading with other players?

How much experience do you have with the game?

Are you using self-found items only or are you willing to pass items between characters?

3. Talman

Talman Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm it's been a while. Zealot paladins are sadly enough not a very viable class in classic Hell.

Most of your gear will need to be rare.

Hammerdins usually went for a rare +2 paladin 30/20 block Bone Shield (or other shield with good block%) with 15-20 all resistances. Amulets similarly had +2 pala with 15-20 all resistances (rare).

You want life, fire resistance, lightning resistance and cold resistance on your helm, belt and armor. Make all your resistances add up to 75% in Hell, ignore poison resistance.

For gloves i think you want Magefist, weapon is Spectral Shard. One ring should be with 10 fcr, the other is random. Rings should also prioritize the aforementioned stats. This is if you have enough mana for 75 fcr. I usually settled for 50 fcr and went for rare gloves with good resistances. This also made me able to settle for rings without FCR.

I remember getting a lot of good rare stuff from running Nightmare Mephisto.

Hope this helps, i'm a scatterbrain, can you tell?