Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zealot q's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pucho, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Pucho

Pucho Banned

zealot q's

Hi all
    I'm playing a zealot in the hcl and some questions arise in my head...
    I plan to get him to guardian (he'll be my first one too) and *try* to MF a little meph, lvl85 areas, baal?, diablo?
    I cant decide the end game setup in many eq slots
    1.Armor
    shafstop (do you know that this is my first one ever?)
    duriel's shell
    lionheart (dont have the runes yet, but I could borrow it from another char)
    (insert perfect armor here)
    2.Helm
    tals mask
    rockstopper
    guillames face
    3.Gloves
    probably lying of hands
    4.Belt
    string of ears
    whillems pride
    5.Boots
    uh..oh.. nats boots?
    6.Shield
    I have a couple of rare pally only shields (RA, ED w2sock, +skills, etc) and a lot of white/ grey ones to make a nice rhyme, so I just have to decide wich one will I use.
    probably jewelry will be rare filling my resists
    and the most important
    7.Weapon
    :crescent moon:
    according to my setup, I can make a phase blade/cryptic sword/scourge CM and hit the 4frame zeal, but I can make it in a berserker axe too, and zeal at 5fps with more dmg
    the real question here is if I should make a less damaging 4frame zeal or a nice damaging 5frame one?
    OR
    a better weapon?

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

If I were you, I'd propably use Duriel's shell as it's HC. It'll protect you a bit better than Shaftstop, though it depends on your other equipment aswell. As for helm, I think out of those options the Tal's Mask would be the best for you. Laying of hands gloves is real great and easy to get too so go for those. Out of belts the string of ears would be your best bet.

The boots is one thing where you really have more options as none are that well suited for HC. Generally thinking the Gore Riders is the best, but I'd simply go for what you have and look from there.

The weapon choice imho is the most important here, go for the speed, in the end it will cover the minor dmg boost the zerker would give you .

Also, I definitely wouldn't run Diablo or Baal with your zealot because of the IM, sure you could get buriza as your switch but remember it only takes switching 1/6th of a second too slow and you'll be dead. Pits or Mephisto would be much safer for you.

3. Gengis Chuck

Gengis Chuck IncGamers Member

Crescent Moon won't work in a scourge. Only in Axes/Swords/Polearms.

For the equipments you've listed I'd go with:
    Phase CM - there's a big difference between 4fps and 5fps and no need to repair is really nice with the Phase
    Shaftstop
    Guilleams
    String
    4-socket pally shield with P-Diamonds (preferably high inherent resists)

That should give you 40-45%PDR, close to maxed resists, 35%CB along with the 4fps Zeal. I think %PDR and resists are most important in HC with the low life pallies tend to have.

If you have a hard time reaching max resists in Hell then switch out the Guilleams for the Rockstopper and you'd also get max %PDR.

edit: Though we don't necessarily agree on some of the equipment choices, I definitely agree with Borlag on the not running Baal or Diablo . . . way too dangerous for a zealot. :scared:

4. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

The equipment depends if you are going to be fanatism or holy shocker. If you are going holy shock, i think guillames face would be a better choice as it provide crushing blow. Just socket it with a ias jewel since a tesladin will need as much ias as he can get. I think go with the holy shock build since you have a crescent moon which makes a great end game weapon for a tesladin

5. Pucho

Pucho Banned

well, thanks for the answers
    I'll keep you updated with his progress