Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot, help me duel WW barb

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by importpsycho, May 27, 2005.

1. importpsycho

importpsycho Diabloii.Net Member

Zealot, help me duel WW barb

sometimes I do pretty well, and sometime i get owned, well most of the time.
    let me know how to deal with WW barbs, thanks

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

3. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia Diabloii.Net Member

first of all, zealots are mostly suited for zeal vs zeal duels and not much more, you get owned by most of any other classes that dont stand in front of you and click, but if you like zealots, and have the money to afford the gear, you can use to quite well, against a ww barb, if they're dumb enough to ww through you, stand still and hold shift while attakin, if they're doing triangle ww, WALK to the side so you'll intercept the ww, although that will be hard vs a good ww barb since the point of triangle whirls is to do short whirls while keeping your opponet inside. and whatever you do, DO NOT RUN TO CHASE AFTER A WW. against good ww ppl you'll get owned 100%, against decent you might win around 20%, and against pubs, you might win a majority of them, enojoy, hope my advice helps

4. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

ww barb > zealots

5. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

Yes, thats a good place to go for pvp. But, most of the members here are pvp'ers and can offer their help.

We have a Guide Thread with some pvp builds. Also try the search tool up top.

6. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe Diabloii.Net Member

i had great succes using longer range weapons vs ww'ers :)

7. importpsycho

importpsycho Diabloii.Net Member

that's a shame.. I spent so much time money building zealots(i love em!)
    Looks like I gotta scrap and find something else to do.
    can't find any zealots to duel, most melees are WW bars and pals are all hammerdins and smiters.
    I've built WW barb before, given same items, zealot does much more dmg, higher AR, higer Def, higher block but can't seem to own em at all.

8. TheStarKnight

TheStarKnight Diabloii.Net Member

i dont kno wut u are alls aying bout ww better than zealot... i usually always own ww barbs. and i have incredibly bad stuff on my zealot pally. once in awhile theres a barb with like 1023948487530948 life and he beats me but thats not often. and agasint most the other classes i just use charge and almost always win and my charge is only lvl 1, but its at lvl 10 cuz of eqiup. my stats are max fanat, max zeal, max holy shield, and max sacrafice.

9. Davie.

Davie. Diabloii.Net Member

You are either bulll****ting or incredibly lucky. Zeal < WW. You wont hit nearly much as a ww barb, wont have enough life too tank em and if you trigger lifetap they can just ww away from you. What will you do when the curse wears off? Charging a barb is suicide.

10. xpumafangx

xpumafangx Diabloii.Net Member

Dude zealots do well vers alot of diffent classes when using the right items. One trick I use vs ww barbs is I stand in a corner and shift zeal at them. If they try to ww stragiht at me I win. The only thing they can do is try to ww out side my range thats it. But you really want a very very high def when doing them.

11. Tastychiken_europe

like puma fang sais here you win if u stand in a corner :) its mean as hell but what do they do? use a build that is known as one of the most powerfull... a shame ;). Davie. zealot's can have around 30-40k ar and still have great def (25-30+) but the dmg will sink alot + u can use -target def items too.
    and if you are a perfectionist u can use a rouge scout too, they will cast innersight :). and a good zealot has 2k life without bo in most cases but **** res (there are exceptions). And with some Fhr% 75% block and really much Fbr% + u standing in a corner with 29k def and 11k zeal then u really should win unless u charge after them from your corner.

12. lCE

lCE Diabloii.Net Member

U ppl must duel ik barbs too much :lol:

13. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

my friend actually has a pvc zealer. same ideas as a bvc but he does 10k zeal with super stacked resist -.-. killed my hammerdin in 2 zeals and my friends necro with max dr and block in 2 hits. pretty impressive ;)

of course its hella expensive.

14. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

leap > zealers.

corners dont work because barbs can still short whirl in it. trust me i know.. ive tried it many times. heres my goldly diagram:
    |
    |

the circle is a pally.. the diagnol line is a range 3 whirl going back and forth.

either way.. a good barb wouldnt whirl right through a pally anyways. he would leap + tele whirl away. blobs has killed many 30k def zealers like this. (me and him used to go to zeal pks together a lot.)

15. Tastychiken_europe

Ice my old zealer with 18k def and a friggin schaffers beat some botd barbs with nigma... not 90% of em but maybe 50% :D

16. sizgar

sizgar Diabloii.Net Member

def + ar + walk dont attack barb wait till he get closer coz most of well

skilled ppl know that attacking good zealot with ww barb means suicide

the hold-click duel time is over u need to walk a bit more dont follow him just

get him from the side or from the front use range 3 weapon and as much DS

as u can get

max DR

max DS

max AR

max def

range 3 weapon

walk walk walk let him attack you

btw u can always have on the switch nice widowmaker (deadly thing with

the right amount of DS ) :)

PS

corner tactic ? cmon be a man ! force him in open field as the duel should be

done no lame life tap no slow no other lame tricks lets see who is THE BETTER

FIGHER

regs

17. skilledlord

skilledlord Diabloii.Net Member

shift+zeal them or run. Good ww barbs will kill you.

18. xpumafangx

xpumafangx Diabloii.Net Member

Ya dkay thats all they can really do. Also if they do not have teleport You can just charge really far away and use widowmaker on them.

Also I too know the power of leap and I havent dueled a barb using it yet. So I can not talk about leap using barbs vers a zealot.

My barb has easyly killed zealots that use 50k def as well. I know I used shout on them my self so they could have 50k. I would like to see a 100k def zealot tho.

19. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

the thing is that a barb only needs 1-2 good hit to take out a good chunk of a pals life. so even with 10k ar i think you have a good chance against a high def pal.

barbs can tele/use widow against pals too :)

shift zeal + life tap is the only thing you can really do. but then mcm thought of keeping a life tap wand on thier bo switch, and blobs thought of using x2 dooms on switch (with -100 resist and the holy freeze aura.. it slowly chips life away.. even more against bad resist pals) so barbs have more tricks up thier sleeves.

20. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

there is just no way for a zealot to beat a dedicate ww barb. ww is the strongest melee skill in the game, and barb has high life, good def, and good dmg.