Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot gear suggestions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kle02, Feb 25, 2004.

1. kle02

kle02 IncGamers Member

Zealot gear suggestions

My current lvl 87 zealot uses Um Gaze, Pdiamond HOZ, Ias Jewel Gris armor, Siggards Sheath, Laying of Hands, Highlords, Gore Riders, Carrion wind and Ravenfrost.
    Weapons I use on this guy are Baranars star, Crescent Moon phase blade, a crafted legendary mallet 234% ED and lightsabre.
    Currently this zealot is well really fast I think, only downside is the DR and my gaze only provides 17%, my resists are 64,21,75,75 in hell.
    Stats are (with gear):
    Str: 212
    Dex: 170
    Vit: 220
    Nrg:15
    Any kind of suggestions? I find that my hit rate sucks, average of 60-70% unless I use bstar it keeps it above 70%

2. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

dude thats not that great gear tho , i personaly amworkin onmy gear,what i know right know is tverdungoso get a archon coh, perfect verdungos,2 rspirals,pmaras,eth exile, superior doom or a botd or eth botd (just make sure there dooms / botds!!lol)gores, war travs, soul draniers, dracs, laying of hands, 40-15 ias 08 gaze,this is all i know, and 4 ur charms get tonz of 290s and3 20 20s and at least 3 pali combat gcs... i dont know if this is the best YET, but i can tell its pretty darn close, enjoy!! :) :worship:

3. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

You're going a little overkill on the IAS. I would drop the armor for something with better mods, def...anything really since Gris doesn't add much other than str (which you are not lacking in) and def auras, which isn't all too vital.

Did you max fana and zeal? If so, you really shouldn't be having ar problems. My pal only has 5 + 2 (items) zeal and max fana and has a 9k ar zeal and around a 15k ar charge, and he's in the low 70's with only 1 raven to boost the ar. If you really need the added ar, you can try using dual angelic halo rings + ammy.

Also your vit seems a bit low and str a tad high. If you can afford it, verdungos will go a long way with the huge +vit and nice dr. Finally, botd zerker axe is just about the best you can get it if you can afford it.

4. kle02

kle02 IncGamers Member

Hmm if my mf hammerdin can find those items I'd swap them then, but thanks for the suggestions.

5. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

what u mean by "low 70s" whatare u efering 2? nother question whats the average ar 4 zeal?

6. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

eviljr I'm sorry, I am unable to read your posts. Can you try not to use too many short forms? Thanks.

Anyway Kle02 what build are you using? It's not apparent in your equipment list. Fana/Zeal? What's your current AR?

The easiest way to boost AR is to wear angelic ring + amulet, that's 1k AR right off.

7. kle02

kle02 IncGamers Member

I'm using the basic zealot build fant/zeal (fun fun fun) my avg AR is 4.6k-8.2k I think it usually higher if I use my bstar but I use my crafted mallet.

8. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl IncGamers Member

Your "chance to hit" is fine. The character level is more important than the actual AR, and since you're lvl87 that is already 2-4 levels higher than most mobs in hell. Gear suggestions? You need Dracul's Grasp. Maybe switch to upgraded Shaftstop instead of Griswold armor. For a weapon, any of the high end runewords work well (botd, doom, insert your choice here). Unique Berserker Axe would be good, unique Caduceus would be good, Schaffer's is always good. I don't know why you're using a Crescent Moon phase blade. The actual physical damage on that thing is crap. It's not that good for a fanaticism/zeal build. Actually, the OW and "ctc static field" are great mods for a zealot. Maybe remake the CM in a Berserker Axe for extra raw damage. Some of the items I've listed are for Ladder, I'm not sure if you are on or off.

9. twighlight

twighlight IncGamers Member

I would suggest using shaft with gaze this would give you max DR and good def with other goods stats to boot. Definately not maras that is just a waste of an amulet, skills are not really very important for a zealot. Metalgrid is much better it has the same resi as well AR and def. If you have enough resi then highlords rules. I have gone for a CB/DS based zealot which i have found to be very effect. Stonecrusher owns for this and gore riders are a must. I was lucky enough to get a pair of the best crafted gloves ever (20ias, 3ll, 10CB, 11 stg, 23 fr).Rings, raven is a must, apart from that it is a free choice a nice rare ll ring is good, but there are some nice unique rings (wisp, carrion wind, BK). I hope i don't have to mention what shield to use here, well that is if you can't afford exile.

10. kle02

kle02 IncGamers Member

I play on on standard because I love the challange and the people (sometimes). If I could only get my hammerdin to MF a bit better.

11. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

well, the average ar is about 10k 4 zeal, or around there, the gear i posted are obviuosly the best, they WILL give u ar, and let me restate, highlords r very god also... nother thing u can do is... add to dex...lol :surprise: and what u mean u cant read my thread?