Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealot extra points- defiance or blessed aim?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hapsu, Apr 20, 2008.

1. hapsu

hapsu IncGamers Member

Zealot extra points- defiance or blessed aim?

After reaching lvl 77 I had maxed holy shield+fanaticism+sacrifice+zeal.

Considering I'm gonna level this toughie to atleast lvl **-90 I need to put the points either into defiance or blessed aim.

Defiance adds 15% def to holy shield per lvl, and blessed aim gives passive +5% to attack raing per lvl.

That defence bonus is huge, but I don't think if I need it anyway, having max damage reduction and massive defense anyway.... when the attack rating seems to never be high enough with zealer :azn:

What do you guys think? I'm sure we have some zealots with big knowledge here.

I personally think that blessed aim is much better, it may even be possible to kill ubers with ZEAL and not with 1pt smite, when gear is good enough.

Also winning melee duels with zeal would come easier with points into blessed aim.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Zealot extra points- defiance or blessed aim?

If you use a weapon with ITD, go for Defiance. Smiting bosses is still a better idea than zealing them, even with high AR, since Smite ALWAYS connects.

However, if you use the weapons that do not give ITD, you are maybe better off with Blessed Aim. Just don't forget that you have an option of making a Grief in the future.

3. hapsu

hapsu IncGamers Member

When grief has ITD, does it mean it always hits all non-boss monsters? And players too?

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

ITD does not work against Act Bosses, unique/superunique monsters and I think champions/fanatics/ghostly monsters.

It also does not work in PvP.

5. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I have always gone max zeal, fantacism, holy shield and defiance on my pvp zealots. The rest of the points I put into sacrifice. I always got bored of baaling with a zealot so I never did get any of them up to the required level 96 that would have let me have all 5 skills maxed.

6. quicksandmg

quicksandmg Banned

The defence bonus from defiance is nothing spectacular.
    If u feel like u have enough defence to survive , go for blessed aim.1 point in salvation helps u get by "sticky conviction situations" , if u know what i mean.
    My advice is blessed aim.Cheers and watch out for iron maiden :laugh:

7. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I have the same issue!

Same level, but I put points in utility auras (salvation meditation, redemption)
    I maxed the usual: Fana, HS, Sacrifice...

I have about 10 points in zeal and 2 hard points in defiance.

My weapon is a redeemer (-33% target defense - does this help, and on what monsters???)

My average chance to hit the monster's in Nilly areas is 60%....:tongue:, however i always smite the champs or bosses...

I noticed that adding points to zeal helps very little (about 15 pts of damage per point of zeal), however adding to defiance shows a much bigger increase!

I am really tempted to add to defiance or a resist aura to max my resistances, since i got plenty of stacked resists.

This guy is supposed to uber, and run for keys (so no Baal runs!)

What do you guys suggest?

Edit: 10 extra points in defiance would give 150% more defense (from base defense), or 5% max resist to one element.

Last edited: May 20, 2008