Zealot and Crescent Moon

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Zealot and Crescent Moon

I am wanting to make a Crescent Moon for my paladin...what I need to know is what I need to socketed it in...it works in 3 socketed Aces/Swords/Polearms.

Since I use a shield, polearms are out of the question...I need a 1 handed weapon with high damage and high speeds.

ian_linington

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos,

I'm looking at doing this as well (got the runes just need the weapon), these are the best choices IMHO.

Berserker Axe
24-71 Dmg
26 Durability
Str Req: 138
Dex Req: 59
Clvl Req: 63
D2X Sockets: 1-6
Range: 3
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
150% damage vs. Demons
Weapon Speed: 0

Phase Blade
31-35 Dmg
0 Dur (Indes)
Str Req: 25
Dex Req: 136
Clvl Req: 55
Sockets: 1-6
Range: 2
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
Weapon Speed: -30

At the moment I am looking for a 3 soc Phase Blade.... got lower dmg but swings faster and should hit 4fps easier.

Edit : That and it's indestructable and so no repair costs !

Cheers

Ian L.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
I still don't get it about those breakpoints...is that really so important?...and what about with fanatism and other IAS things?

Crescent moon also gives 20% IAS in itself.

vorlon98

Diabloii.Net Member
my crecent is in a phase blade and it is very fast,damage isnt as high as BA but looks better and speed and static make up for any tiny extra damage BA might have.plus as previous poster said is indestructible.

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
u need 75% IAS total for phase blade to hit 4 fps, it swings at 5 fps naturally with Zeal.

The Zerker needs 60% IAS total to swing at 5 fps, swinging at 4 fps is a lost cause.

ian_linington

Diabloii.Net Member
Acording to IAS Zeal table found in the FAQ

with zeal and fanat. the IAS breakpoints are

Axe (base speed 0)
0% - 6 fps
20% - 5 fps
65% - 4fps

Phaseblade (base speed -30)
0% - 5 fps
15% - 4fps

As cresent moon gives 20% IAS the phaseblade will automatically hit 4fps.

If I'm wrong plz lmk.

Cheers

Ian L.

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
you are correct. My zeal breakpoints do not factor fanatism in, since Tesladins get greater mileage out of Cresent moon than Fana Zealots, and the poster never specified wat build he is using.

D2XNewbie

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
I still don't get it about those breakpoints...is that really so important?...and what about with fanatism and other IAS things?

Crescent moon also gives 20% IAS in itself.
Going from a 5 frame/attack breakpoint to the 4 frame/attack breakpoint is a pretty big deal. You'll be taking 80% of the time to complete an attack so your damage output will be about 25% increased. Yeah, it's a big deal.

ian_linington

Diabloii.Net Member
Mmmmmm

been doing some quick calcs and even with the extra attacks that the 4fps gives you on the Phaseblade the Zerker Axe seems to do more damage on average but I still like the look of the phaseblade...

The quest for a 3 soc version continues in Europe !

Regards

Ian L.

P.S. Evanta, clue was in the subject name :innocent:

PPS

Details
Base + (220%-260%) (Cresent moon ED%) + 373% (fanat)

Gives
Axe - 197-583 to 233-689
Sword - 254-287 to 301-339

Axe @ 5fps (5 att per sec) = 985-2913 to 1164-3443
Swd @ 4fps (6.2 att per sec) = 1577-1781 to 1864-2104

averages at
Axe 1949 to 2303
Swd 1679 to 1984

depending on your luck with making the runeword.

(I hope my numbers are right!)

Cheers

Ian L.

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Fanat and other bonusses like ED on armor or strength is multiplied, not added, by the weapon dmg...

(weapon dmg)= (base)*(1+weapon ed%/100)
dmg= weapon dmg * (1 + fanat/100 + strbonus /100 + armor ed%/100)

ian_linington

Diabloii.Net Member
That's better, thought the damage was a little low.

(assuming str of 100, fanat=373% and no other ED%)

Swd ave dam 3097-3484
Axe ave dam 3595-4044

Looks to be about an ave of 500 points damage diff between the two over 1 sec, but I'm sure if you factor in the "on striking" happening more often the phase would come out ahead.

Now my brain hurts! :drool:

Cheers

Ian L.

Esmute

Diabloii.Net Member
Something weird happened to me when i made my phase blade crecent moon.
I checked on diabloii.net that crecent moon rune words varies in ed from 220-260. My crecent moon phase blade was 183%.
Can anyone tell me how this happened?

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
you might want to check the arreat summit for stuff like that. I have found many of the percents to be wrong on diabloii.net.

--welt

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
D2XNewbie said:
Going from a 5 frame/attack breakpoint to the 4 frame/attack breakpoint is a pretty big deal. You'll be taking 80% of the time to complete an attack so your damage output will be about 25% increased. Yeah, it's a big deal.
I don't get it...how can a single frame take off 80% of the time?

And doesn't Zeal take the same time to complete, or am I missing something here?

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
Im surprised nobody has mentioned a cryptic sword yet. All it would take is 25 outside ias to get it to 4fps with fana, and the damage is much better on the high end than a phase. The zerker has it beat on average dmg, but the cryptic is faster, plus pallys look better with swords anyway.

taranis28

Diabloii.Net Member
crescent moon in a cryptic sword=20k in repair costs. and a zealist will be repairing frequently. I finally got ahold of a botd for my pally, and I still keep my phase crescent moon in my inventory for when I run into annoying little critters.

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
ian_linington said:
P.S. Evanta, clue was in the subject name
oops... :p

ian_linington said:
That's better, thought the damage was a little low.

(assuming str of 100, fanat=373% and no other ED%)

Swd ave dam 3097-3484
Axe ave dam 3595-4044

Looks to be about an ave of 500 points damage diff between the two over 1 sec, but I'm sure if you factor in the "on striking" happening more often the phase would come out ahead.

Now my brain hurts! :drool:

Cheers

Ian L.
Think I like it this way, makes equipment choices not all that obvious. :)

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
on zealot w/ fanat when they both reach 4 then they BA is much better but when you dont have fanat (telsadin) go with phase

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
on zealot w/ fanat when they both reach 4 then they BA is much better but when you dont have fanat (telsadin) go with phase

very true, i was on the verge of wastin my um rune inside a phase blade for CM but i thought better of it when i found i coulnd't hit 4 frames unless i threw on 5% more ias, and with the gear that i was solidly set on useing, there was no way i could get it, now my pvp tesladin does great!!