Armor: Eth upped shaft (zoded ofc)
Shield: Eth Exile (ed/ar)
Gloves: Steels
Ring 1: Dual leecher
Belt: Verdungos
Ring 2: Ravenfrost
Boots: Upped gores

the things ive been thinking about is:
Switching helm to a Crafted Blood helm with Visionary mod (ar/lvl), would it be worth it?
Maybe use Angelics combo+one dual leecher?
How much leech to either is needed? :)

would be nice to get some help here :)

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Mods on rares/crafted helms can never live up to the awesomeness of Guillaume's Face for a melee character. The Visionary mod is additive with the AR% on your skills (Zeal and Fanat.) and it doesn't provide such as great a bonus as you'd think. Oh, and there's nothing sexier than that horned helm look on a Zealot, especially coupled with Chain Mail/Mesh Armor/Boneweave style armour.

2) If it's PvM, then AR can be gotten through charms and such. Anything above 5k will give you a decent chance to hit, 8k+ and you're laughing. Highlords is too good to pass up. A single Raven and an AR/Leech/resist rare ring (or even a second Raven) work well.

3) If you have 1 point in Redemption, then mana leech is not necessary. Zeal is only 2 mana, and it usually just regens between attacks. You can never have enough life leech however. For that reason Dracul's Grasp is sweeter than Steelrends (Life Tap FTW too). Keep in mind that leech doesn't work in PvP (aside from Life Tap), so there's no point in getting any if it's a PvP character.

With the ed/AR Exile and Shaftstop, your resists seem a little low... unless this was a pure melee dueller.

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
with a death berserker axe your going to want 60%ias to reach the 4fpa zeal. My pally that uses death wears higlords (20%ias), Ik glove+boot (25%ias), and a 15%ias/+Ar jewel in my helm, but any way you do it make sure you have 60% total.

Klomaster

Diabloii.Net Member
with a death berserker axe your going to want 60%ias to reach the 4fpa zeal. My pally that uses death wears higlords (20%ias), Ik glove+boot (25%ias), and a 15%ias/+Ar jewel in my helm, but any way you do it make sure you have 60% total.
oh nice, gonna keep that in mind then :)

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
When zealing, lifetap is just gravy. Until lifetap, life leach must keep you alive, so you can never have too much life leach. Draculs are better IMO. Life per kill, life leech, str, open wounds(prevent monster heal). all gravy for zealers.

Other good options for a help are COA, Andy's Visage, or Vampire Gaze. I use the gullaumes face for ubers and bosses due to its great crushing blow.

Hard to beat highlords for ammy on a zealer.

Personally, I would usea resist Exile over damage/ar simply for gloams and MSLE bosses/ubers where mephisto's conviction takes a major toll on the resistances.

Other than that, looks excellent!

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
You have nearly one of the best Zeal vs Zeal gear on this forum mine looks similar, except mine has...

Ber'd Guillaume
Eth uped shaftstop
ED/AR Glitched exile 1620 def
EbotDZ 413
Dungos
Draculs
Upped Gores
Raven
Raven
Highlords

looks damn nicer with the AR/Helm, I'd suggest you go for zeal vs zeal if you have the melee charms to afford, really worth it.

Put on Fort and Resists Exile for PvM :)
the rest looks fine really...

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
My PvM Zealot uses...

Grief PB
Guillaume's Face (w/ 15% res, 4-12 cold dmg jewel, self-found)
Fortitude Boneweave (9% ed, self-made, plus Boneweave looks sexc on a pally)
HoZ (upgrade w/ Um rune)
Highlords Wrath
Ravenfrost
alternate between a couple of rare rings.
Dracul's Grasp
Gore Riders
Thundergod's Vigor

Here he is. Sexy, no?

With this setup, I have 83% Deadly Strike at level **. You know what that means? It means I hit for roughly 11k-12k damage on almost every Zeal hit. Crazy stuff. I don't even need Life Tap to leech to full health in a couple of hits, the damage does it all for me.

50% CB and 35% OW makes bosses and uber trist a joke.

My Smite damage is roughly 5k too, with just 1 point in it.

The only problem is... IM, PI and the fact that I have 0% DR for PvP purposes. Max DR isn't really needed in PvM, it's more of a luxury than a necessity.

the boss

Diabloii.Net Member
My PvM Zealot uses...

Grief PB
Guillaume's Face (w/ 15% res, 4-12 cold dmg jewel, self-found)
Fortitude Boneweave (9% ed, self-made, plus Boneweave looks sexc on a pally)
HoZ (upgrade w/ Um rune)
Highlords Wrath
Ravenfrost
alternate between a couple of rare rings.
Dracul's Grasp
Gore Riders
Thundergod's Vigor

Here he is. Sexy, no?

With this setup, I have 83% Deadly Strike at level **. You know what that means? It means I hit for roughly 11k-12k damage on almost every Zeal hit. Crazy stuff. I don't even need Life Tap to leech to full health in a couple of hits, the damage does it all for me.

50% CB and 35% OW makes bosses and uber trist a joke.

My Smite damage is roughly 5k too, with just 1 point in it.

The only problem is... IM, PI and the fact that I have 0% DR for PvP purposes. Max DR isn't really needed in PvM, it's more of a luxury than a necessity.
Nice, it's always nice to have some DR in pvm, even though its not really needed in this case.

Slap in a resists exile would just make pvm too ez lol.

vjusa

Diabloii.Net Member
Eilo, I'm curious - what do you use to get enough dex to use the PB? Did you put in a lot of points, or is it mainly your gear, or charms (I noticed that of the stuff you listed, only the raven adds dex)? (I'm asking this because I finally grabbed a grief PB for my zealot, but to use it, I'm currently wearing gear that I'd rather not wear (just to get extra dex)).

Also, do you just use charms for your attack rating?