Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zealadin woes

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mjkittredge, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mjkittredge

mjkittredge IncGamers Member

Zealadin woes

I'm having some trouble in hell difficulty with my zealadin. He has 700+ health and 75 all resists, wearing Griswolds plate, Guillaumes helm, Laying of Hands gloves, Aldurs Advance boots, IK belt, "Ancients Pledge" heraldic shield with 80 to all resists, Chromatic Amulet +28, Raven Frost and dual resist ring. For a weapon, best I've got is Bloodmoon.

I'm stuck on act 2 hell, getting crushed by ****ing beetles. Is there anything I should do besides run NM ball to try and get stuff to trade for a better weapon? I've got a decent 200+ MF setup for him. Or maybe there's a reasonably cheap rune word that packs some power?

So any advice, on reasonaby priced weapons, gear, or other strategies would be welcome. I just started on the "new" ladder recently, so I'm not wealthy, and that limits my options a bit.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Zealadin woes

Hmm... You know, without proper equipment, melee characters have it rather difficult in Hell. If I were you, I'd suggest making a caster character for MF'ing purposes first. However, if you still want to stick to a melee character, here are some tips:

Get as much leech as possible. This is one of the main things keeping melee characters alive. If you REALLY have problems, buy a Wand with Life Tap charges from a vendor, and cast Life Tap on especially hard bosses and monster packs. 50% leech is nothing to sneeze at.

Get a decent-damage weapon. Blood Moon has a nice amount of leech, but its damage leaves for more to be desired. You can get yourself a nice elite unique Paladin scepter, for example, Heaven's light - if you play online, eventually someone willl sell one for a lowish amount.

3. mjkittredge

Sure they won't want a pul rune and a bag of chips for it? ;)

I figure, once I get a good weapon, I should be all set.

For now, I'm reduced to cowardly tactics, running away from groups to get the packs split up, then taking them on a few at a time.

4. ProfessionalBerg

A lowish Heaven's Light costs less than a Lem, which is 1/2 Pul. In fact, if you play Europe, I'd be willing to give away a 2-socket +3 skills Heaven's Light for free - it's such a pain to sell, but is a pretty decent (and those 2 stats I mentioned are the highest ones).

Contact me sometime tomorrow: *Viktor_Berg (That is, if you, indeed, play Europe Softcore Ladder).

5. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

You probably like playing solo but why not just play with groups for now? Do act 2 with a full party.

6. mjkittredge

I'm on US East ladder actually. I have this pride thing as far as groups, I enjoy being in them, but I don't like being the weak link in the chain, the straggler. I want to actually contribute something. If I can't hack it in act 2, I can't imagine it gets easier in Hell act 3 and beyond. Plus with a full party, the monsters get much much nastier.

What are some good weapons I can get running NM Baal and Hell Andariel?

7. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

I wouldn't bother, it will be terribly slow. Just run hell countess and get the keys that drop and trade them.

8. prion

prion IncGamers Member

hmm if your problem is lightning beetles how about a Lightsabre? It's a decent enough weapon and it has the handy 25% lightning absorb.

9. mjkittredge

I'd love one of those awesome swords. Lightsaber = ownage. Of course, I don't have much to trade. Lem, Lum, 2x Dol, 3x Hel, Sol, Thul. Doubt all of that together would get me the sword. 40 Pgems maybe? I hear that's the going rate for a Pul.

And it's not just beetles. Bosspacks, phys immunes, ranged enemies.

10. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

700+ life is a bit low. And I wonder what's your block rate?

Lightsaber is very cheap I am sure you can get one for some pgems.

Here's a list of equip you may consider:

Helm: Guillaume's Face
    Ammy: Metalgrid (~pul)
    Weapon: Heaven's Light (low ~pgems)/Lightsabre (~pgems)/Death Cleaver (low non-eth ~Lem)/Azurewrath (~um)/Oath (~mal)
    Armor: Duress (~Um)
    Shield: Stormshield (~pul)
    Glove: Bloodfist (pgems)/Dracula's (~um)/Crafted with CB/IAS/resist/stat
    Belt: strings of ears (pgems)/Credendum (pgems)/T-god's vigor
    Ring1: Raven
    Ring2: Rare with AR/stat/LL/ML/life
    Boot: Gore (pgems)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  11. mjkittredge

block rate is 70% with holy shield. Thanks for posting those suggestions and prices, gives me an idea of what to shoot for and what to offer. For all I know, I'd overpay by a lot and people would play me for a fool.

12. ProfessionalBerg

You can always do a Price Check for your desired items on the Trade Values forum. Just don't forget to specify Realm, Ladder/Non-Ladder and Softcore/Hardcore.

13. mjkittredge

That's a good idea. Things change so much, new ladders, then people start getting wealthy and spoiled and prices go up. I'm not sure which part of the curve US East Softcore Ladder is on.

14. HouseAtreides

HouseAtreides IncGamers Member

I have a zealot. Lightsabre has a high dex req (136) and does minimal damage. I use heavens light and can't kill fast enough even though I survive. My zealot can survive thanks my dracs but can't kill fast enough. I die all the time. Unless you have runewords you will have a lot of trouble in hell as a melee.

My gear:
    Kiras 66
    Heavens light 3/274/1
    Guardian Angel
    Hoz 174
    Draculs
    Bul kathos 5
    Verdungos 40
    Ravenfrost 222/20
    Gore riders

I would say my gear is good but I can't tank hell past act I

15. mynamesucks

mynamesucks IncGamers Member

I have a string of ears somewhere on ladder I'd let it go for a few P gems if you're interested hit me up on here then I can get up with you later on