Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

zeal/smite vs bh?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jingksed, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jingksed

jingksed IncGamers Member

zeal/smite vs bh?

first, i haven't played d2 since 1.08 or 1.09, so keep that in mind.

back in the day when i played d2, the only classes worth playing were those that could AoE (ww barbs, sorcs, ms zons, etc). assuming that hasn't changed, why make a zeal/smite pally since they don't have any AoE (that i can tell)? seems killing each individual foe would make you're leveling go so much slower.

does the classic method of leveling (killing lots of, say for example cows) no longer apply? does zeal/smite work well b/c the fastest way to level these days involve killing baal over and over?

basically the way i see it, i can go bh/smite or zeal/smite and if bh kills everything on the screen at once vs. zeal where i gotta whack each individual foe to death...why go zeal over bh?

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: zeal/smite vs bh?

BH is way overpowered, yes it kills everything on screen and easily. Zeal/smite is a reg zeal pally, which are fun to play. They are mainly used for ubers.

3. Cwicseolfor

Cwicseolfor IncGamers Member

You could consider a Holy Shock or Holy Frost zealot. Those are awesome, especially HF because of the 50% slow on enemies.

4. Cwicseolfor

Cwicseolfor IncGamers Member

Well, not really. They were the fastest killers, but it doesn't mean other characters weren't also fast killers. There were definitely other classes worth playing. ;)

A lot changed with synergies and other things (monster immunities/resistances, hp, etc). New builds popped up, like Charged Bolt sorc, Holy Shock/Frost Zealot, Charged Strike Zon, etc. Old builds got nerfed (some didn't)...

The other thing is that every class kills slower in Hell these days... meaning single hit chars are at less of a disadvantage as long as they do massive damage each hit.

Just quest normally up to the end of the difficulty (should net you a good deal of levels), then do blood runs or such (first area outside act 5).

Because Zeal isn't as mind-numbingly boring and unimaginative. :yes:

cents += 2;

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  5. Grimey

Grimey Banned

If you want to be like everybody else, then make a Hammerdin. People like me are against hammerdins.