Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Zeal Pally...Need Tips

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CalumHenryAtrocitybcUk, Mar 27, 2005.

1. CalumHenryAtrocitybcUk

CalumHenryAtrocitybcUk IncGamers Member

Zeal Pally...Need Tips

Hi, im making a zealot, and i have been looking over some stuff, and i think my gear will be

Weapon - Cresent Moon
    Arm - Lionheart
    Helm - Gaze
    Sheild - Zaka
    Gloves - Dracula's
    Belt - String Of Ears
    Boots - Gore Rider
    Ring - Raven/Duel leech of some sort
    Amu - Highlord's

I need some tips on dex and str needed, and whether my choise of items is poor value for money, the highest i will pay for anything is about mal, so any tips on getting best out of my money(runes)?

2. ganjaman

ganjaman IncGamers Member

That seems pretty sweet, though at some point you might want to get Duress instead of Lionheart.
    You only need enough strength to carry your equipment and the heaviest thing will probably be your armour but after the 30-35 str boost from HoZ and draculs probably aim for around 180 str to be able to equip some fairly high defense armours.
    As for the dex, it depends on what weapon you make crescent moon in, but i would advise having at least as much as you need to keep your blocking at 75% after holy shield. On thing about your equipment is that you maight have quite low AR so you some AR charms
    would be a good idea.
    Also a good alternative to loads of AR charms would be a lowish Astreons unique sceptre if you could get one.

3. CalumHenryAtrocitybcUk

CalumHenryAtrocitybcUk IncGamers Member

So, overall, what is the best weapon, balanced damage and AR?

Edit : Amd what it worth atm, ladder europe, softcore

4. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Upgrading The Butcher's Pupil or the unique Battle Sword will give you a weapon which is capable of completing Hell.

I think the best weapons for a Zealot is either Stormlash or Schaefer's.

Of course there is the rudementary BoTD/Doom. These are a little harder to get a hold of however.

Death Cleaver is also a good weapon, however the Durability will drive you mad.

As a tip: I find Iceblink as a perfect Zealot armour from Normal through to Act III of Nightmare. The freeze target is simply perfect.

5. bloog

bloog IncGamers Member

One doesn't need to upgrade headstriker to use it in hell effectively ;). Also a nice weapon is Nord's Tenderizer because it got +2 to monster freeze and it schwings extremely fast.

I think the best zealon weapon is runeword "Death". For Vex + Gul, it's not completely off scale.

Don't forget to pimp your merc with Reapers's Toll. It doubles your damage in hell.

6. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

True. Upgrading is never a bad option though. :)

I forgot about this one. I have to agree this is an extremely good Runeword. I'd prefer it to be made in a Berserker Axe. Just for style.

I would advise against this. The original poster is planning on using Dracul's Grasp (excellent choice). The two curses (Life Tap and Decrepify) will simply override each other.

I think a much more suitable candidate for the mercenary (Might of course) would be either:

- eth Hone Sundan

Upgraded to Ghost Spear

- eth Kelpie Snare

Upgraded.