Zeal frustration and just bad luck?

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
sawse said:
I can confirm Jumbo's point that range does vary with zeal, although he could have shown better manners. I see why he was irritated though. Don't present info as fact when you're only guesing.
Check out old forum topics. This bug was documented b4 and was reported the first few days of 1.10, and it doesn't happen in every instance.
Most people found the problem was solved by shifting the position closer to the monsters, which I and others have done and found it solved the problem.

If they fixed it server side then I'm none the wiser. *shrug* if I'm wrong then treat it as superstition then.

jumbo_SHRIMP said:
hes just lucky fonis hasnt seen it yet :D

phelix
Zealots aren't my ordeal :)

But you're right, I would have been not as well-mannered as you, jumbo. I just spent last night teaching someone why Dragonscale was *not* 2x better at smiting than Herald.

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
Evanta said:
Check out old forum topics. This bug was documented b4 and was reported the first few days of 1.10, and it doesn't happen in every instance.
Most people found the problem was solved by shifting the position closer to the monsters, which I and others have done and found it solved the problem.

If they fixed it server side then I'm none the wiser. *shrug* if I'm wrong then treat it as superstition then.
Well, I took a hiatus, and didn't start playing again untill around late October, but I have never experienced this "bug" and for a while there I spent a huge ammount of time playing my zealot. It seems very odd to me that it only happens some times to some people. I've read the faq's for every forum start to finish and have never seen any mention of it either. Perhapse it was fixed and that became common knowledge so no one mentions it any more.

If the bug was discussed at length here I was wrong for assuming it was guese work and I apologize... I read the forum very regularly, so I assumed if I haden't heard of it it didn't exist. (we all know what assuming does).

You are mising my point.

My point is that if Paladin A has 50 k damage with 5 k ar and Paladin B has 10 k damage with 50k ar . in pvp the paladin B will win.

Because he has more ar. Bottom line. You need high ar for a zealot now. Not just damage. If you can acheive both legitly then Good Job but i would go for the High ar over damage any day.

....Example my Charge. Damage is around 9k ar is around 12k i Hit most of my opponents first time.. Btw this is with Conc not fant.

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
sJw_shan said:
My pally has 4fps zeal, 8,000 attack rating (with zeal and fanat on), and with a weapon that has eth rune in it. Not often, but in a few rare moments against a pack of monsters it'll seem like I'm hitting nothing. I will swing and miss every hit. I usually just run out or elect to smite or use vengeance on a single monster just to leech some life back because it kept going down as my zeal was hitting nothing. Is this some sort of bug? Or is it just bad luck when I hit nothing with zeal?

btw I was observing this problem when my chance of hitting with fanaticized zeal was about 75-85ish %.
Use shift zeal, by pressing shift while you are zealing, you will find that your range will go to the range of your weapon. So a range 3 weapon like a berzerker axe will hit while a range 1 sword will not. Also, not sure if they have fixed it already but your first hit, which is a normal swing, will determine whether your next 4 zeal swings will hit. So yes, AR is very important. Since leech is minimal, you might try angelic ammy and angelic ring to boost your attack rating significantly. If you have a can not be frozen mod elsewhere (i.e. not from raven frost ring) then you can even go dual angelic rings with the angelic ammy to boost your attack rating further. Hope that helps.

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
ROMVS said:
Use shift zeal, by pressing shift while you are zealing, you will find that your range will go to the range of your weapon. So a range 3 weapon like a berzerker axe will hit while a range 1 sword will not. Also, not sure if they have fixed it already but your first hit, which is a normal swing, will determine whether your next 4 zeal swings will hit. So yes, AR is very important. Since leech is minimal, you might try angelic ammy and angelic ring to boost your attack rating significantly. If you have a can not be frozen mod elsewhere (i.e. not from raven frost ring) then you can even go dual angelic rings with the angelic ammy to boost your attack rating further. Hope that helps.
Thanks ROMVS. I tried shift-zealin like you said, and it has helped a lot. And like you said I also notice that whenever first zeal hit doesn't hit, the others don't hit. Good tips.