Zeal frustration and just bad luck?

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
Zeal frustration and just bad luck?

My pally has 4fps zeal, 8,000 attack rating (with zeal and fanat on), and with a weapon that has eth rune in it. Not often, but in a few rare moments against a pack of monsters it'll seem like I'm hitting nothing. I will swing and miss every hit. I usually just run out or elect to smite or use vengeance on a single monster just to leech some life back because it kept going down as my zeal was hitting nothing. Is this some sort of bug? Or is it just bad luck when I hit nothing with zeal?

btw I was observing this problem when my chance of hitting with fanaticized zeal was about 75-85ish %.

FlayerOfMinds

Diabloii.Net Member
sJw_shan said:
My pally has 4fps zeal, 8,000 attack rating (with zeal and fanat on), and with a weapon that has eth rune in it. Not often, but in a few rare moments against a pack of monsters it'll seem like I'm hitting nothing. I will swing and miss every hit. I usually just run out or elect to smite or use vengeance on a single monster just to leech some life back because it kept going down as my zeal was hitting nothing. Is this some sort of bug? Or is it just bad luck when I hit nothing with zeal?

btw I was observing this problem when my chance of hitting with fanaticized zeal was about 75-85ish %.
yea that happend to me alot too, it probally is a bug

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
the problem is that zeal is a range 1 skill, if you're using a weapon with a range greater than 1, you'll miss completely until u get closer.

At least that's what I think happened. What weapon were u using? zerker? if so that would explain it, as zerker is range 3

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
So no matter what range a weapon is, it becomes range-1 when used in zealing? -btw yes i am using zerker axe.

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
It could be lag I guess, but I average about 40-70 ping with few fluctuations. But then again, it is bnet... Heh.

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
sJw_shan said:
So no matter what range a weapon is, it becomes range-1 when used in zealing? -btw yes i am using zerker axe.
Yah, Zeal only accquires targets at range 1, u can swing further than that, but Zeal will miss. So when ur're missing 1 whole attack cycle, try to move closer before the next zeal cycle.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Diabloii.Net Member
thats the stupidest, most incorrect thing ive ever seen posted here

get more ar...if you have 75% chance to hit something there is a decent chance you will whiff every time in a zeal...and lag is definately an issue, but the range of the weapon is the range of zeal

phelix

Decker

Diabloii.Net Member
jumbo_SHRIMP said:

get more ar...if you have 75% chance to hit something there is a decent chance you will whiff every time in a zeal...and lag is definately an issue, but the range of the weapon is the range of zeal

phelix
Stupid, eh? Why did it fix my problem and a few of my friend's problems then. 75% is fine for Zeal and it's absolutely not to blame for not hitting a target at all.

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
jumbo_SHRIMP said:

phelix
My friend, I suggest u check previous forum threads on similar topics. ;) For your info, I didn't pluck the ans out of the air.

edit: oops, i forgot server crashed and all the old topics were deleted. ah well, check other d2 forums, I'm pretty sure this topic was covered before.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Diabloii.Net Member
wonderful, i just tested it and i have to say that you are 100% incorrect...went into normal where my level 55 guy bought a war scythe(which has a range of 5) and compared its zealing ability to that of coldsteel eye, which is range 1 unique cutlass....and the ridiculousness of your post came through with flying colors, id be more than happy to demonstrate this to anyone....you can do it yourself tho, just go do what i did....you'll def notice that the range makes a huge difference...

phelix

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
I can confirm Jumbo's point that range does vary with zeal, although he could have shown better manners. I see why he was irritated though. Don't present info as fact when you're only guesing.

ARRRRRRRR no not trying to be a priate.

you need alot of ar and defense to have a successful zealot in 1.10.

I've said this many times but nobody hears me hehe....

20 Zeal
20 Fant
20 HS
20 BA
Rest into Defiance.

this will give you max ar / with good damage and high defense if you follow the skills.

Sacrfice isn't needed. Infact thats where most zealots put 20 pts into. Because of Synergeis and high damage.

It doesn't matter what damage you do .. the person with the higher attack rating will win. Diminished Soul's Zealot using that skill setup had 25k ar with Sharp Gc of Vita... not to far fetched if u ask me.

Zealots need Ar + Defense now. not just high damage.

Thats my two cents.

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
LovelyGods said:
ARRRRRRRR no not trying to be a priate.

you need alot of ar and defense to have a successful zealot in 1.10.

I've said this many times but nobody hears me hehe....

20 Zeal
20 Fant
20 HS
20 BA
Rest into Defiance.

this will give you max ar / with good damage and high defense if you follow the skills.

Sacrfice isn't needed. Infact thats where most zealots put 20 pts into. Because of Synergeis and high damage.

It doesn't matter what damage you do .. the person with the higher attack rating will win. Diminished Soul's Zealot using that skill setup had 25k ar with Sharp Gc of Vita... not to far fetched if u ask me.

Zealots need Ar + Defense now. not just high damage.

Thats my two cents.
I went sacrifice over ba on my zealot and he hit's very well. Part of that might well be that Botd includes an eth rune (-25% defence) but if you can't afford an eth rune you're really hurting. The way I see it, even without botd you should go sacrifice. If you can't hit well, socket an eth, because what else can you socket that will raise your dammage as much as 20 points in sacrifice will? It might not be glamorous, but it's effective.