youtube database problems?

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
youtube database problems?

Hello,

I'm new to youtube, anyway i have my account, and i added a few people as "subscribe" or whatever, however now that i deleted some, there seems to be some serious database inconsistency with youtube, sometimes i have the number i should have after my deletion, but sometimes, i have +1 or +2 it goes insane. Then again this was just today, maybe it takes a few hours to catch up?. Even though in reality that's just not good, i don't know what the problem is, but it's pretty bad i would say. I also updated my profile and sometimes i can see it, and sometimes i cannot, this was also done today.

Maybe it takes some days for the database to catch up?, don't know but it's really weird.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
It is likely a database error. With that many subscribers, that data base has to be huge. You'd think that YouTube (Google) would have the right database software in place to work with it...but you never know.

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
It is likely a database error. With that many subscribers, that data base has to be huge. You'd think that YouTube (Google) would have the right database software in place to work with it...but you never know.
Yeah i can imagine the database to be beyond my imagination lol, i worked with mysql this semester in one of my classes, and i know what can lead to data inconsistency etc, but I would imagine the people working on it, shouldn't have this kind of problems, regardless of the size of the database.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Mysql is pretty basic though from what I've seen...they're probably using something pretty advanced for a database that large ;-)

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Mysql is pretty basic though from what I've seen...they're probably using something pretty advanced for a database that large ;-)
well they probably are using something else, however mysql even though it's simple to use it's a very good database.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
that's what I've heard...I've never had to build a website that needed to use mysqyl, so I don't really know. I'd love to learn it though. It can't be that hard. . .