Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your view on pre 1.10 zod unsocketing bug

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shodokan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Shodokan

Shodokan IncGamers Member

Your view on pre 1.10 zod unsocketing bug

is this allowed? because i don't want to eventually waste days and days getting the item i want in 1.09 to zod glitch for my barbarian.

2. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Do you have a spare Zod lying around to even do this? :rolleyes: Don't be expecting to find HRs as fast as on Bnet, especially a Zod...

I don't know the answer to the question, but it is basically hypothetical anyway as you are so unlikely to find one...

3. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

It's perfectly fine; but the fact that you would sacrifice a Zod doesn't really say much about legitamacy. :\

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

This bug exists now with Oath and Death. However, the bug is really only useful in making Beast.

crg

5. Shodokan

Death gets indestructable as a mod from the runeword...

Anyway... this was ment as a hypothetical. And i will mf till i find one... i'm in no rush.

And wasting it? There are a few options in which it won't be a waste. I know of quite a few actually.

Last wish zerker
    Sacred fort
    Beast zerker
    Fury (assn weapon, or fanged knife/zerker)
    Ethereal Valor
    Ethereal Gladiators bane

just to name a few

6. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

Good luck with that. By the time you find one in 1.09, the US will be voting on new presidents; and that's if you're lucky.

7. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I imagine CRG was implying that Death and Oath are immensely overpowered...

Right, you are 'in no rush' to find a Zod, probably a good thing, you say you play 4 hours per day, you'll probably be playing 4 hours per day for the next 5 years before you find a Zod - even then it would still be unlikely.

I wouldn't plan towards finding the runes for a LW either, thats probably the most ridiculously expensive runeword ever.

From my point of view, you need to just chill out and play the game for fun for a while, you are just going to get frustrated waiting for all these amazing high end items to drop. Take your new Meteorb and start up a grail, it will be quite satisfying for a while and when you have a decent item base you can start planning towards some of your more adventurous goals.

8. Shodokan

i found 3 in a week once in 09 just doing cows...also hephasto has a .009% chance to drop it

So i could do like 10k hephasto runs and get one... With the static bug if you play on /players 4 you can just static to 1 health, so a sorc with a FCR build would work perfect.

What is a grail?

9. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

.009% chance on a Zod Rune in 1.09? More like:

1 : 4678242 Hephasto The Armorer - [H] River of Flame - {mlvl 93}

10. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

I believe he mentioned those because they make items indestructable. After you unsocket them, the indestructable property will remain and you can make a new runeword in the unbreakable ethereal item. It's just like the Zod removing but cheaper. It only works after an upgrade to a version I believe...there's some kind of catch to it if I remember right.

11. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

I never said it was going to be a waste. :azn:

Anyway, I wish you good luck, and plz gib me a Zoddeth if you manage to find more than you need. :grin:

12. Crazy Runner Guy

Probability inclines me not to believe you, however possible this may be.

And if you remove it, the indestructible mod stays.

Too over-priced to be of any ambition.

Garbage armor to put Fort in. Hello 222 str requirement. Good bye anything but a titan build.

I'll agree with you here.

For an assy, mods of your WW damage comes from Venom. Increasing physical damage isn't worth it. And Fury is only good in PvP, and that's because of its 66% OW rate. OW means crap in PvM. There are better weapons out there (Greif > everything in terms of damage).

Except that the only good valors (from 07) spawn indestructible. 09 Valor doesn't cut it. Lionheart > 09 Valor, even one that is ethereal.

For PvM? Really? You don't need that much defense in PvM. The other stats are also near-worthless in PvM. Ravenfrost gets you CBF. The mdr/pdr stats are only useful for an ES sorc, and even then, Vipermagi > Glad's bane.

PvP? Duress > Glad's Bane. You have only high defense, CBF and FHR to back up your claims. No skills, no OW, no res.

crg

13. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Seriously what is this thread about? Try playing SP for a year or so and then ask questions on this. You will be about as far away from a Zod then as you are now, however by then you should have a somewhat nice item pool to play around with.
    Don't expect to get ANY of the elite items or rune(-word-)s. You won't find them anytime soon.

From pretty much all of your posts you have bnet written all over you, calm down, take a deep breath and just take it easy for a while. Build a dozen characters trough the game, make a good MF'er and build an item pool. After that go focus on different goals (like making PvP'ers, like getting high runes, like hosting big tournaments).

14. Shodokan

I'm use to playing mods... which is incredibly easy compared to playing normal d2 yourself. ES spoiled me with easy chance to gamble sets and uniques as well as a VASTLY increased rune drop ratio.

Regardless, yes i did spend most of my time on bnet (6 full years of 12+ hours a day of play). All the options i stated for the zod thing are for PVP, not pvm... i've never been much of a PVM player, and almost any PVP build in 1.11 is pvm viable to some extent.

If you are considering WW as melee... than yes Duress > Fort... but WW hasn't been considered melee in a long time... atleast in the good mannered melee community.

Also i have been informed that 07 valor doesn't work with BO... so there really isn't a point to it if that is the case so it has no use, not even pvm.

15. Crazy Runner Guy

I disagree with this, because of the massive life advantage given by an 07 Valor. Often, it is worth pumping the strength to get to 165 (or 141 in -req'd).

There are better armors out there yes. For the most part, Fortitude and Enigma, and to a lesser part Dures, are more appropriate in most situations. However, no one can deny thepower of +2 skills and 900 life at cvl 90 on a pally.

crg

16. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

That means? Are you still using mods like ES that increase drop rates? If you do, don't compare your chars and plans with the SPF chars. And please remember to keep them complete separate, don't enter SPF tournaments with chars and items dropped in such modded games.

17. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Hacked runes, obviously :undecided:

18. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

This guy keeps going on and on and on raising the hairs growing in my neck.

19. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

eDC with zod bug and a ed/ias j00l = teh s3cks!

Anyway, I for one would find it cheesy.

Not that I wouldn't take one if someone offered it.

20. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Shodokan.... having read through all your posts, I am not sure if you have actually read all the rules about what you can and can't do if you want to be part of the SP community (re: Trading, MP etc). In honesty, from your posts I am pretty surprised that you want to be in SP when all you want to do is PvP.... and that most of your experience seems to revolve around hacked or duped equipment.

I think you are going to find that you need to step back a bit and take it slowly, people greatly value legitimacy and honour here and it wouldn't take a lot to lose everyone's fragile trust in a heartbeat. It's just a friendly warning before this gets too involved but something is clearly on the cards!