Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your thoughts on a Chippadin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Simbacca, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Simbacca

Simbacca IncGamers Member

Your thoughts on a Chippadin

Hi. I played Diablo II for years but did stop just a few weeks before 1.10 came out. It has been a long time since then, and I have forgotten most everything I learned about the game. About a week before Diablo III was announced, I decided I was going to reinstall Diablo II. Fun timing on both ends, huh. Anyway now I finally have the free time to play, but this time I'll mainly be playing Single-Player, maybe local area.

I have been thinking about one of the characters I was going to build before I initially left Diablo II, a Chippadin. I had read about this max Holy Fire, chip-finding paladin that would do Normal Act I runs. I personally wanted to build one myself for several reasons. First off, I was Battle.net poor, so I wanted to cube Perfect Gems for both minor trading and poor man's Perfect Topaz MF gear. Secondly, I just always enjoyed having tons of gems of all varieties so I could make all kinds of custom low level gear for numerous casual characters I played. Obviously for today's purposes, half of my first reason is irrelevant (considering I'll not be on B.net this time) but the rest still are. I would like to start a Chippadin today.

All I remember from those 1.09 days was that the build was to have max Holy Fire and high run/walk speed. I imagined things are lot different now so I decide to start today by googling for Chippadin information. I found this interesting page here, with a whole wealth of information and perspectives. As much of a blessing as this is, it's also a little difficult to warp my head around it all. After all, as I said earlier, I forgot must everything I knew about the game. A bit came back to me, but some of the terms and items discussed on that page are still unfamiliar to me. At this time I'm just not sure which direction to go.

Some of them discussed Holy Fire chippadins. Others discussed the effectiveness of using Holy Freeze and/or Holy Shock instead in this post-1.10 day. Still others proposed the use of other classes such as a Sorceress or an Amazon as the best choice. A then there is the all the places to run that were discussed! From areas of Normal Act 1, to levels on Nightmare, to the mystic Arcane Sanctuary of Act 2, there is no such consensus there as to which is statistically best.

I just wanted to discuss a Single-Player Chip-Finder Paladin somewhere, and these are my forums of old. I really enjoyed the conversation at the linked webpage, but that seems to be from a long since ended discussion from elsewhere.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: Your thoughts on a Chippadin

errr, i've always found that i can use my ubers or pvp smiter for this purpose. if i have a point in holy freeze, i have one in holy fire as a pre-req. with some decent +skills, that base point is all i need.

prior to my actually having decent gear for such a 'toon, i'd just plow through normal with an Orb sork if/when i really needed chips.