Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your state of Greater Rift

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wurmer, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Wurmer

Wurmer Diabloii.Net Member

I am just curious here !

What's your highest completed GF so far ?

What is your highest GF run you have done so far ?

As for me, My highest completed level is 23 and my highest run is level 25. For now, my problem seems to be my DPS. Survival wise, that's not a problem, my monk is pretty tanky and she can take quite a beating before dying. In fact she almost never die unless faced with elite mobs with a crazy combo of mods. Jewelry is certainly an avenue of improvement, it's rather hard to find good rings and amulets with a socket and the right mods. I am still working on that.

Another thing I am curious about is the drop rate of legendary gems, my first dozen of GF saw me getting those gems almost ever time but now it's been a while since one dropped for me. What about you ?

Gantie likes this.
  2. bluedragon

bluedragon Diabloii.Net Member

my highest completed is l18 & the highest I done was l19.
    as regard gems,they are guaranteed drops but once you get all 13 of them they stop dropping as long as you have them on your current character,inventory or shared stash so if you want another copy of them you either move them to another character or drop them on the ground.

3. Wurmer

Thanks for the info on the gems. I thought there was something I didn't know....

4. altermaven

altermaven Diabloii.Net Member

Monk 15, DH 13. I might get some leg gems over to whoever needs it (Enforcer, BoTT for my WD; PE, Starweaver, Boon for my monk; GOET for my DH; and as far as barb is considered Simplicity will do -- monk's got Depth Diggers). That way, when my monk goes up, anything my monk doesn't use I can reobtain through GRs.

5. ron

ron Diabloii.Net Member

My highest completed solo run was GR29. Finished with about 45 seconds on the clock. My highest completed 4 player group run is GR36. We smoked that one in just over 11 minutes. We were upgrading gems, so we didn't see how high we could go. Not really into leaderboards, its more for loot and gem leveling for me right now.

6. altermaven

After some damage and tough tweaks, I just broke Rift 21 with my monk, ending with about 2 minutes to spare. Doubting my further abilities, I turned in and upgraded my gems.

EDIT: My leg daibo's 2x speed chance on attack was VERY lucky during that run. Normally I am losing those two minutes during attacks at 1.4 base APS only to get beneficial gain at ~3 APS for a good 5 seconds. Then it's gamble speed gain all over.

I'm considering moving towards shenlong's, since my build is crit-dependant. I may need to up my lightning skill damage to be reasonably par with the lack of +20% Damage w/ Diablo on SWK 2.

In the end, I'll be ditching SWK, leaving my shoulders and gloves open. I'll be eyeing useful alts, but I see gladiator gauntlets and good-rolled magefists with DEX, CHC and CHD; +19% fire damage is moot.

I will have to go down to T3 for a bit until I get used to flat 2 APS, and see if overall damage output is same or slightly better. If so, I'll go back T4 and GR again.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  7. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

Time for an update Wurmer!

Non-seasons my highest is a Gr34 on my HC wiz. She died in a gr34 too :( . My current wiz tried a gr31 and barely finished it because Orlash.

Non-seasons HC DH I think I've done 26, but she should be capable of gr32 probably. I'm not sure if I want to test her out though.

8. Wurmer

Time for an update : Now my highest finished GR is 24 within 2 seconds of the timer and my highest run is 26. Yesterday, I had a very close call on finishing GR-25. I was on the last minute of the timer and doing good killing the rift gardien with my DH but got killed by playing carelessly.

9. altermaven

Have a demon hunter now on marauder 6, buff bracers to ignore KB/Vortex/Stun, but looking for gloves to replace boots, to use ice climbers for nullify slow/freeze/root. An impaired DH is a dead DH if she can't move from hazards.

EDIT: Not changing boots, since on my quest to get marauder gloves, I landed tasker's! Also, managed Rift 21, finally.

Rift 20: 4m48s remaining (despite packed entrypoint)
    Rift 21: 2m51s remaining (Health link teleporters are the bane of my range classes!)
    Rift 22: 1m46s remaining (Man Carver's spears autotrigger her Awareness passive, even if she's just out of range of being hit! Died twice but close to the waypoint :( )
    Rift 23: 1m33s remaining (Razihel was nice, that's how I got that much time!)
    Rift 24: 31s remaining (So those mortar blasts can do 400K damage on you.. EFF.. also Agnidox cheapoed me with a fireball after vaulting out of a pentagram. Thank god all deaths were near the entrance), turned in my cards.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. Wurmer

My highest completed level remains 24 but I did a couple of GR at level 29-31 ans the jump is steep. I did those with my monk and had much trouble finishing then. As he stands now, My monk doesn't die to often but it takes for ever to complete the Rift.

11. altermaven

I see GR as a measurement of where my comfort zone may be, as to gear. Comfort zone is usually one torment less than my highest completed as per range. So if I complete a GR somewhere in T5, my comfort zone is T4. The only exception is that if the rift completed is at the edge of the next torment (like before T6), in which case I'll run T5.

12. Wurmer

I am still at level 24 as far as my highest completed GR but I did maybe a dozen runs at level 29-31. This is becoming a bit of a problem for me, my DH deals quite a bit of damage so it's rather easy to get the Keys for GR of that level but my DH can't survive those rifts. That is why I use my monk to run those rifts, he does not die to often but he is far from finishing the rift in time. The step between GR 25 and 30 is huge.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  13. altermaven

I just edited my progress table, having tackled Rift 22 with the DH, with somewhat disappointing results. She's squishy even at distance from her enemies, because elite affixes.

14. TactikEndGame

TactikEndGame Diabloii.Net Member

I did GR 42 on HC ( group ) but on my main barb, I did 34 max ... kinda' sad but nothing I can do about it ... cough *Blizzard* cough

15. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Highest solo:
    Seasons Hardcore = 15 - wizard.

Highest 2 man group:
    Seasons Hard core - 17 - was relying heavily on killing power of partner.

My characters need lots of work and much better gear. I usually am on bnet 1.5-2 hours.

16. altermaven

Rifts 23, 24 completed. DH go squish at GR24, even at distance from her enemies. Timetables updated a few posts back.

EDIT: New numbers coming in due to DH..

22: 4m20s remaining (Good rolls)
    23: 2m26s remaining (Bone Warlock at end, also thankful a long winding tunnel ended and got to another floor before RG)
    24: 2m30s remaining (Perendi, but he behaved)
    25: 44s remaining (Blighter, Schmiter; also, bad mob density rolls), turned in my cards

EDIT 2: Attempted to beat the 24 timer, but just short of spawning RG, w/ maybe 2m to go, I run into a champ pack of terror demons, and nearby was a Mallet Lord elite w/ corrupt angel horde minions. I was 2m over the limit when I did manage to spawn the RG, which (to make things worse) was Perendi.

Something good happened out of it though, my teardrop was rank 24, and after two fails, I swallowed, and did one more upgrade. Gem activated! I am holding my first gem to have gotten the secondary affix activated (Rank 25).

Does this make me want to revisit monk? no... Instead, I ditched my barb WIP and am building a crusader.

EDIT 3: Pushed the envelope, managed to beat R25 in time, but this time I'm trying to activate toxin gem..

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  17. Wurmer

I improve over last post, my best completed GR is now level 29 and my highest run still 31. I finished level 29 with around 30 seconds on the clock. As of now, I think my character is pretty much optimal with his gear. I need a another unity...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  18. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

Good to hear Wurmer.

I got some Tasker and Theos from Kadala on my DH and grouped with a friend. Was able to complete 33. Attempted 34, but we got a horrible elite right at the entrance causing us both to proc and nearly deeds.

19. Wurmer

OK folks, other developments. I found a second unity and this seemed to help me finish a level 31 GR with 0 second on the clock. I think I can improve on that depending on what kind of GR I get. Obviously not always a matter of chance but it certainly helps when you get a good rift with plenty of elite packs coming at you. Like previously to this level 31 GR, I did a level 28 and finished with plenty of time on the clock. Elite packs were coming right at me one after the other...

20. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

NO NO NO.
    1. we don't deal with that here.
    2. please don't ask again.
    3. I recommend playing the game, it is fun.
    4. Maybe 360 console play has duping, but we don't recommend it due to the lack of trustworthiness of those that do it. You are asking to get scammed.

I assume you want for 360 since that is what you asked for in your other post.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014