Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Your sorceress doesn't need Enigma, she can teleport without it..." (omg omg...)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Frosty_The_Snowman, May 30, 2005.

1. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

"Your sorceress doesn't need Enigma, she can teleport without it..." (omg omg...)

I'd like to share with you a funny story ! You know all those MH users can see what equipment I wear. Well, my sorceress wear an Enigma. How strange, it's probably the best caster armor around... Now, there's been several times when someone scans my character and tells me something like :

- "WTF sorc, you're wearing Enigma O_O ??"

When I'm in a good mood, I take the time to explain it has all good mods for casters, especially for MF casters. Then I usually get this kind of answer :

- "CoH is better because of resistances, and you're a sorceress, you don't need Teleport (variation : you can teleport without Enigma !)"

Weeell well i see omg well yes yeees well omg omg... (falling from my chair, wondering who I am, I must have been travelling through the 4th dimension or something, wondering what kind of alien is talking to me, etc... :bonk: ).....

I *may* *possibly* agree for the resistances part, but HEY, everybody knows that CoH is the ONLY source of the universe (including the 4th dimension) from where you can get prismatic resistances, isn't it ? :lol:..... And of course, 8% LL from CoH will make all sorceresses jump for joy, isn't it ? :lol:

Anyway, let me know what's your feeling about it. A lot of people think that sorceresses CAN'T wear Enigma because of the +1 Teleport mod..... It lets me completely speechless when I read that on my screen. Isn't it a weird world we live in :p ?

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

omg tals sorc armr n00b

nigma 4 paly lol

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Yes my sorc will jump for joy when i see LL on my armor. Oh boy my sorc doesn't need str to carry that spirit monarch...

4. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I have a similar problem with my ama, and people in game. It seems that CoH is burned in some people's minds as the best armor in the game in every situation. So I go to baal runs with enigma and... "ama, why aren't you using CoH"? That happens some times.

I like to have fun with playing and Enigma is much more fun to wear and play with than CoH. Incredibly enough, there are some people who like variations...

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I think Enigma on a sorc is a waste (and, frankly, I don't see a lot of useful caster mods --- no resists, no mana, no fcr). But then, this is from someone who doesn't have the resources to get one, so if I COULD get one I would most definitely not put it on a sorc.

It might be different for people who just "get" an Enigma for their new chars.

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

A sorc with enigma can almost put no points in strength and save more points for maxblocking/vita.

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Well, let me explain you, then :p

- My sorceress has 48 base strength. yes, only 48. With the Strength mod from Enigma, she can wear all the stuff including Spirit Monarch (156 str required). With Spirit, I have 110 Mana, 22 Vitality (thus 44 life) and 35% res to three resistances... Beat that on an armor...

- Spirit has 35% FCR, so with Oculus, Arachnid and magefist, I reach the 105 FCR breakpoint. I don't need more FCR from an armor. The breakpoint is reached. Case closed.

- Resistances ? I already have 75% res all (mara, spirit, prismatic rings, prismatic charms, annihilus, oculus...).

- Enigma grants me 92% MF. Beat that on an armor (and compare Skullder to Enigma)

- Enigma grants me 14 Life per kill. That's the LL version for casters. This mod is godly IMHO. I rarely drink life potions with that.

- +2 All mods... No comment.

- Damage goes to mana. Very useful against mana burners. Definitely a caster mod.

- And best of the best : +1 TELEPORT !! My sOrCzZ cAn TeLePOrT !11!! :lol: :lol: !

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

it all seems to relate to that "what's the best armor?" "what's the best weapon?" mentality, there are always plenty of threads like

Q:What armor should I use?
    A:Why don't we start with you telling us the rest of your gear so we can figure out what it is you need

I mean these 1337 Haxxorz can see all your gear, that you can get max cast rate etc., blah, I've always ignored them so what do I know, I'm an idiot for using bloodfists apparently

9. Frosty_The_Snowman

I think so, too. But in this very case, the fun part is the fact (according to those guys) that a Sorceress souldn't wear Enigma because she can teleport without it :lol: :worship: :jig: :flip:

10. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Hackers are stupid most of the time. Oh and bloodfist is one powerful end-game glove for some builds.

11. Frosty_The_Snowman

In fact, Enigma shines precisely because you're able to compensate those lacks with other stuff. FCR/Mana/Life comes mostly from Spirit and from the 100 stats points you spare from Strength.
    But obviously, there are a lot of other very nice armors for casters. Before my first Enigma, I always used to wear an upgraded Skin of the Vipermagi, or a Skullder's Ire for MFing. There was even times when I was using Que-Hegan Wisdoms (back in 1.07 when I was poor :)).

12. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I presume you mean the 30% fhr? The rest of the mods isn't that hard to get on rare gloves (probably even get better ias etc)

13. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

every one forgets about the 2 skill points that you would save too finishing a meatorb sorc at lvl 90 instead of 92 (static feild and frozen armour are a must to run baal imo) if youve tried to level a sorc to 92 before it takes for ever but that might just be me :scratch:

14. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

get an x/x/10 anni and ondals and you'll go from 90 to 92 in a few hours of baal runs

15. slap

slap IncGamers Member

here here

....yes, it must make the game very boring to just 'get' an item. the fun of playing is to find the items.

16. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Some (most) items are TOO hard to find, so that's why people trade :rolleyes:

It's very hard to complete a single set, but still feasible. Now try to make ANY high runeword with 2 selffound high runes (for example Enigma), even if you are lucky enough to find Ber, you'll never (in years of playing) find the exact second high rune (Jah) to make the runeword.

I'll add something even harder, you say you can cube them on ladder? Well, no one is gonna cube 2 Ber's to get a Jah rune? That's ridiculous and proposterous! (and you'd have to find 3 Bers to make 1 Enigma...)

17. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I have found both Jah and Ber......... IN 1.09 GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!! :p :fish: :teeth:
    Traded away!

18. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i use coh on my sorc and i love it. =D

but yeah enigma is teh secsi also on a sorcy. mf+str = good.

i still burst out laughing every time i see shaigon's javazon tele across the abyss to baal with an ~95 frame tele. o.o

19. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

best sorc armor is viper mage,

i have few with duel stat res jewels and one with 62cold res 45 all res and +7 dex and def. thay alway get good comments and look sexy too

:worship: viper mage with rare jewels :worship:

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You are missing an important detail. Enigma costs two HRs. That's more than most players can afford (50%, I guess). A lot of the rest can barely afford it (35%), a few can afford with a couple of noticeable difficulties (10%, I'm in this category - I had to spend all Ists I had) and a very few (5%) can afford it with ease.

For me it's a waste to give Enigma to a sorc. Yes, that armor adds a ton of shrength and life per kill, mana per hit and MF are very useful mods and its +1 to teleport will save your sorc two skill points. Anyway, it's a waste because for me, the only mod that justifies spending two HRs is its +1 to teleport for anybody. I don't think I would do that for just the other mods. Saving let's say 60 points of str means investing 60 more into vit which means 120 life for a sorc. I wouldn't pay 2 HRs for that. However, I'm exclusively playing PvM and not doing any PvP at all.

Enigma needs Jah and Ber. You can equip half an account full of characters with stuff of that worth and they will be fit for hell mode. If you can afford that armor just like you can afford Skullder's or a Viper, the case might be different, but 95% of all players aren't that rich.

I'm the proud owner of an Enigma armor, but I just bought the armor to make my zealot teleport, not to make my sorc save 60 str points. It used up 80% of my resources at that time which were good enough to buy HRs. I only bought it because I already had a Tal Rasha sorc, a Hammerdin with HotO, a Faith+Fortitude bowazon, a javazon with 2x eth Titan's, an IK barb with the more expensive variant of rings and ammy and a zealot with Grief. For me, it was a major investment, and it would have been frustrating to see that the most important change for me would be my sorc having 120 more life instead of an additional teleporting character, like a zealot. The latter is a far, far better improvement for my pool of characters.