Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your solo MF configuration on skellymaster.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ferretgod, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

Your solo MF configuration on skellymaster.

Hello,

Just looking for some ideas.
    I got a skellymaster, will start runnig solo MF runs. I really wanna do Pit and baal runs solo.

Let me know if you running these runs and what you gear is, I want to start trading to get all gear for him.
    Now I know that dual isted baba and 4 isted monarch is good, but I do not have these kind of resources, so post more realistic config.

It would also be nice to understand you general skills allocation and how well your skellys do in pit and with baal.
    My skills:

20 mastery
    20 skellys
    20 CE
    5 Decrypt
    5 Dim
    1 Amp.

Thank you for the input.

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Your general skill allocation seems good, of course most MF stuff trades high so if you can grab a shako and a skullders, and if you can't ist a baba, I say use gulldagger.

With my new MF necro (ladder) i'm using the following.

Gulldagger (100% mf)
    Rhyme head (25% mf)
    47% wartravs
    2x29% nagels (58% mf)
    39% chance gaurds
    4 ptopaz armor (96%mf)
    2 ptopaz griz helm (78% mf)
    uped Goldwrap (30% mf)

As you see you don't really need ub3r 1337 stuff to have decent mf.

My skills are as follows:

20 RS
    20 SM
    20 BoneWall
    20 CE
    1-all curses, bone armor, clay golem,fire golem,revive,skeletal mage

Optimal gear would be things with good +skills and MF, as it will let you keep more prebuffed minions out. I prebuff Bone Armor with marrowalks, and if I need to recast it it's not too shabby with them off and Travs on. I'd go for a +3 RS and +3 RSM rhymed head as the optimal in mf/skills trade off.

My stats are

str 118
    vit rest

The only problem you'll probably run into is you'll have to keep your regular gear on while getting to baals throne room for the resists, and when you're there put on your MF stuff when doing solo baal.

Hope this was helpful

EDIT: oh yeah, my skellies take both pretty well, and my mercs equipment are:

Ptopazed stealskull (65% MF)
    Ptopazed griz armor (72%MF)

so his stuff isn't exactly great either :p

(though the 2x amn eth bonehew is quite the sweet deal indeed)

3. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Aside from the above suggestions, I just pick up rare/magical boots, gloves, and rings with MF on them. Topaz soceted armor. You'll find better stuff as you go along, without the hassle of trading for it. It's either more fun that way or else I'm just masochistic. Hmm.. I should give that one more thought I guess. Since you and your skels will be making most of the kills, MF on the merc will ony be 1/9'th as significant (you with CE, 8+skeles, each with chance to get the final hit) so don't fret over the merc's MF, just keep him alive at first.

4. kreestopearq

kreestopearq IncGamers Member

Don't forget the angelic set. The ring, with 2 other pieces of the set, gives 50% mf. And the ammy, with 2 other pieces of the set, gives +1 skills. So you could wear the armor (which gets a 3 piece armor bonus), ammy and ring (or even 2 rings) and have some pretty decent mf.

5. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

Thank you for all suggestions,

I think I was misunderstood. Spending 6 ists to make a killer mf sword and shileld is out of my leg, but I do have some descent MF stuff. I was trying to get a feeling of what everyone else got on the chars, to see if some changes needed to be made. Ok, let me make an example of what I am talking about.

Helm – Ptopazed shako
    Ammy – 44 MF plain. (MF).
    Weapon – Ali Baba with 14 res all and 10 res all. (MF) Arm on switch. (battle)
    Shiled – Rumfe rune word on (MF). Homunculus with Pdiamond (battle, for swirch,
    Armor – Ptopazed Skudlers (MF) (battle)
    Gloves – trangs
    Belt – trangs
    Rings – 29% Nigel , SOJ
    Boots 43% War travs.

The only think I do not have yet is the good shiled to make a rune word yet.

So the following questions:

I will have 4 to all + 1 for anni and +1 from GC, will 26 in skellys be enough to do MF run (Or will they be strong enough) My res will be pretty low also, so will I get a chance to curse dim vision before I get zepped by black souls?
    If I am lucky I will find a shield with + to skellys and + to mastery so summoning may go to +8.

Changes I prepared to make if needed: put maras back on, will get me +2 and healthy boost in res. Or switch rune word with Homunculus, also 64 to res and +2 to skills. Or may be both. What is your skellys level at when they take on baal?
    How well baal and his minions can be controlled by decrypt ? Is is as good as in NM ?

Any good suggestions on the gloves and belt ? I got few tals betls laying around I am pretty sure they got a little res + a little mf.? (and I know it sux to put that f…. purple belt on my nice and durk necro :))

General tactics:

Switch to arm and Homunculus, go visit pundle (and rease them as my army and reives), switch to baba and rune word before pindle is down.

Then on to frozen tundra, get these two, and them head up to visit baal. After a nice chat with that 8 legged freak, go for nice quest stroll in the pit. I really hope deam vision will be enough to keep the ranged from harming me, and CE + skellys will take rest out quick; so hoping pits will actually no be a problem.

Let me know what you think. Make suggestion on the change tell me what level you skellys are and so on. Thank you.