Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your Pet Project

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mezion, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Mezion

Mezion IncGamers Member

Just curious. I see all kind of thread about farming various version for that top end ethereal item, charm, jewel, etc. At the same time, I see things like the Zod god, Operation D&D (nice thread) and other various expensive projects. I like it, I like how even in single player you guys are going passionately at it.

So this thread is for legitimate bragging about that ONE character/project that you are most proud of at this current time, or actively pursuing. Your project, personal achievement. Show it to us!

--- --- ---

Since I just restarted and didn't bother to bring some old Atma saves back (a fresh start is somewhat fun, I'll probably dig later on in the save) I can't start it off myself.

2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I'm proud of discovering (or documenting, at least) tens of useful superchest patterns in 1.07 (mostly LK, some A4/A5). Nothing crazy, yet. My slow goal on the side is to optimize 1.07 cow running by boosting an enchantress to useful levels (currently 750ish dmg) for a javazon to benefit from. A few more skillers to go and ofc anything better than +3 fire skill orb would be nice :D

3. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

My necro, IndianaBones, would be my first ever pat :) I have some crazy gear (no, a skiller GC is not crazy) and will share it later. :) I am striving to get as high skill levels as it's possible - currently, my skeletons and CG are at lvl 30 ! I basically rotflstomp through the game and my only problems are APIs (Amplified PIs - guys which PI can't be broken). And Blood Lords. I S&E every time I see them to reroll the monster choices. Currently on my way to get lvl 90. This would be his finale I think. I won't get past it. Expected I get more levels than just 5 beyond a p1 playthrough (~85 lvl, I play at p8 all the time and will lower it to p1 only for hell Ancients).

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

This is very hard to answer for me because I have many projects about my characters. I'm active at both PvM and PvP fronts and I have plenty of characters I invested some time and gear to build and optimize them. It is really hard for me to answer is my favorite project my best MF character, or is that some travincal character, or is that some pvp build or something else.

My vote might go to my travincal sorc which presents two characters in one. One side of this character is typical travincal sorc, but well geared and optimized for farming there. Other side of the character is goldfinding job, and she is outstanding in it. I just have to swap gear around a bit to have both as I desire.

I might open thread about her, but I'm kinda lazy. Here I'll share some details about her. Info is randomly scattered around forum and I'm lazy to seek it all, but main points about character are linked below. So, one variant is travincal runner, other variant is goldfinder if I swap some gear around.

Trav runner variant + video
    Goldfinder variant
    Video of goldfind variant

Also she is my big project cuz as far as I know, I'm the first who really dug into trying sorc as goldfinder more seriously and pursued it to the maximum possible (before it was considered barb has no equal and no one can touch him, now it is question can barb actually compare with sorc :p).
    Sorc as trav runner was used before me though, I just developed her to the maximum. As I do with many characters cuz that's the way I play the game.

T72on1, XyleneCyanol and pharphis like this.
  5. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Thanks for the mention. I have to say of the recent projects around here, zticazzy's dual BoTD untwinked, no extended stash 99 barb really blew me away. Also Maltatai's writeups are always entertaining.

Aside from my suboptimal Sept, the two things I'm also happy about are hunting RoF Superchests for roonz, and my attempt at a single pass naked Barbarian Guardian. He's at the City of the Damned in Nightmare and will get a dedicated thread if I ever get him into hell.

I'm also trying to get a runner up and going in hardcore to get loot to host a 99 item tournament with Pb_pal, but I'm so bad a speed running, MFing and character optimization that it hurts.

T72on1 likes this.
  6. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

Game-wise I consider clearing the whole game without ever losing the mercenary my ultimate achievement. It was damned hard and I had never seen anyone else mentioning it before. Also nice to succeed after my close and super-close fails in earlier attempts.

Thanks for the mention, Brak. Having one of those characters deed would certainly be the worst I could think of in D2 (pet anti-project?).

RadTang, NorthDakota and pharphis like this.
  7. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Woah, that sounds brutal.
    Rogue?

8. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

pharphis likes this.
  9. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

This one is easy for me, as I currently only have some loose HC characters and then one dedicated build in SC. I also have 2 Septs and 26 characters on my old SC SP 'account', but since they aren't according to the SPF rules (short usage of a non-accepted mod and as a consequence some characters with Torch and/or Anni), they definitely don't count as pet project in this context. I would definitely like to do another Sept at some point though, as those are a lot of fun.

So my current pet project: my 99er Sorc, who has just reached level 97. Trying to get to 99 is a huge project on it's own, but what I like most about the Sorc, a standard Blizzard one, is that she is so versatile, despite mostly being single-element. She's good at AT, Meph, Pindle, CS, LK, RoF superchests and Tranvincal. She can participate in a RFO, a MFO, a race to 99, ... With those targets I can definitely get the items I want, I can get them fast and I have a lot of fun doing so. So definitely a character I like a lot. It's no coincidence I also built a Blizzard Sorc as first character in HC and for my tainted SC as well.

If I ever get bored of this Sorc, I'll probably add another Sept as new pet project. After doing a Grief Sept (yes, I was that proud when I made my first Grief) and a Single Tree Sept, I was about to start an Oskill Sept when I joined the SPF and started completely fresh. So that will most likely become my next Sept: Berserk Druid, WolfBarb, WW Assassin, Vengeance Necro, Zeal or Vengeance Sorc, Bear Paladin and Zeal or Bear Amazon. Too bad there are only 6 usable oskills, so I have to use a double-up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  10. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

My current goals aren't that far from the norm...get a character to 99, finish the grail, maybe get all the runewords (that one is less achievable for me - I just don't play enough). My 99'er is a summoner necro, which has been done before but is not common among 99ers.

Back of my brain I'd like to start a tournament in which your character can only wear crafted items...and rerunning areas for runes (and base items) is encouraged. Still thinking about how I want to set up the start of the game...sorcs will have a definite advantage as they can get to the countess much quicker.

11. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I ran a tourney like that back in the day, and would enjoy playing in something similar again.

12. Mezion

Mezion IncGamers Member

Just saying that my Cyberpunk Tournament might interest you since theres a good focus on crafting and rerunning is allowed in some area, mostly good for runes.

And I dont mean this to replace your idea but maybe you could have additional ideas for your tournament (things that you like/dont like about mine, etc.). Also, I'll be glad to play in yours since I love runes and crafting.

13. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

I have a 7x7 project (in softcore) that was inspired by Nightfish's HC version. Character #49 is in A2 H. And I also added two more characters to use all the class-specific sets (because I hadn't found the complete set before to #7 in that class). Both the Nat's set and Bul-Kathos frenzier are at A1 H, so it will be a total of 51 Pat/Mat to complete it. I figure that I will finish those characters when I start slowing down on the untwinked 99ers I have going now.

But the real accomplishment will writing it up in a way that's interesting. First things first, I guess!

pharphis and T72on1 like this.