Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your opinions? Viable way to gain wealth?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by rendo, Sep 27, 2006.

1. rendo

rendo Banned

Your opinions? Viable way to gain wealth?

Alright, we all know on realms, forge rushing, keysets, organs, and mfing are the big ways to gain wealth quickly. However, I've decided to take a new approach to it, and I was wondering of the feasibility of it based on the communities opinions.

Cash for Gems.

40 pgems go for pul. You can buy pgems from anywhere between 250K-400K gold, depending on the person you're buying it off of. A GoldFind barb, let's use mine for example which isn't 100% wealthy, but has a modest 1300% GF, gets about 125K-300K a NM trav run. It takes about 2 minutes with my merc doing the work TOPS, and in about 15-20 mins, I have a full stash of gold which yields about 7-9 pgems. In about 2-3 hours that's 40 pgems, or pul.

Is it worth the effort long term, if say I get the GF I need, so around 2500% GF to buy gems and trade for puls and go from there, or should I focus on keys/mfing/forge. Any opinion would be nice since I think this is more interesting than any of the other ways to gather wealth since you can get some nice skiller charms occasionally. :D

2. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Run eldritch + shenk repeatedly or kill random champion packs. Sell armors. Get ~1 mill. Shop Larzuk + anya + Charsi. open a cow portal next to charsi to speed it up, and a mini uber portal next to larzuk as well. Keep:

Artisan tower shields of Deflecting
    Jeweler tower shields of deflecting
    artisan kite shields of deflecting
    +3 skill (java, bow, passive) 20 IAS gauntlets, light gauntlets
    fools greater talons / runics of 30+ IAS
    +3 trap claws
    +2sin/2+ LS claws
    Artisan Lightplate / mageplates of 70-80 life
    Artisan Lightplate / mageplates of 95+ life
    Artisan Lightplate / mageplates of 24fhr
    Jeweler fullplate / gothic / archons of 24 fhr (stability)
    Jeweler fullplate / gothic / archons of 80+ life

They all sell for multiple hrs on east/west. Plain +3 trap claws go for ~pul.
    Use vigor + gheeds 15% vendor + edge bow (tir tal amn).

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

id agree with ??~«Z»???, its easier for me to have the extra room in stash for high gold valued items, armors, wands, staffs, ect.. that sell to merchants for around 35k ea. sell 3 items=90k and picking up gold can easily get the 100+k/run

a group of champs or unique will often drop 1-3 items, and you will pick up some flawless gems, jewels and runes along the way

on europes realm you can easily get a pul for 30pgem, but there hrs are worth alot more than 3pul

4. rendo

rendo Banned

I was thinking more of cubing the runes up or trading up. I'm not overally concerned with buying things for wealth, I'm wondering if selling pgems and trading for pul and going from there is worth it long term.

5. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD Diabloii.Net Member

I hear what your saying but the easiest and most enjoyable way I have found is running mini ubers and selling 3 organs for an IST. Traded for 3 ists yesterday. I have no idea if this was a good trade or whether I was leaving myself short, but I have a stache full of keys and getting more is fairly easy. I guess a lot of people on the realms are basically lazy and are quite willing to trade an ist.

I get the enjoyment of running the ubers and the knowledge that I can net an IST at the end of the run. Much better ratio than running Hell Forges and also much quicker.

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

If you want Pgems you could use a Lightning Furyzon to cow in classic. Either nm or Hell will probably get you more gems per time spent then the get gold and trade it for pgems method. Stick 'em on a mule, (which you could also rush to get some forges) convert the mule and voila, gems and a Forge.
    Using pure lightning(using lowest damage javalins offcourse) means you can't accidentally kill the king and thus can allways open aslong as nobody gets the cow king quest. Though if needed, a lightning furyzon is quickly remade.

7. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Rodion Raskolnikov did pretty well with killing old ladies. You could try that.

8. DANIEL3RD

Isnt the cow king light immune?

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

Yes...which is the whole point of the javazon. It's very difficult for her to accidently kill the Cow King and lose the ability to make the portal.

10. DANIEL3RD

Which is why I use a javazon :)

11. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

i use another char to get the leg and make cows, then join with another to kill everything and repeat

12. fsadfsaf

fsadfsaf Diabloii.Net Member

Does that stuff really sell, because I have Artisan [3os]light plate of 85 health and 24%fhr... where would I go to sell them for hrs?

13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

They're not in great demand, but if you can find someone that is looking to buy one, you could probably make a bundle.

14. templecrasher

templecrasher Diabloii.Net Member

Just a question, what builds benefit from these types of armors? I've got a 4os Gothic 24 FHR, a 3os Great Helm 10 FHR, and a 3os Crown 34 Life. I thought about using them, but I am unsure of the best way to use them. I was assuming that these were only valuable at the beginning of ladder when high runewords were not as prevalent.

15. HappyHippyHippo

HappyHippyHippo Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry to stroll off topic, but I found this post really funny, since in Norwegian, you can roughly translate pul into "intercourse", and you asking wether or not its worth the effort to get the GF(girlfriend) you need, so you can buy gems to trade for puls... Im sorry, but thats funny right there ;)

16. templecrasher

templecrasher Diabloii.Net Member

I almost cried when I read that...talk about lost in translation.

17. DANIEL3RD

I thought I would let you know how I have got on by running Nith for Destruction keys and trading them up. Well I already had a store of a few keys so for the last week I have been running Nith constantly with my LF Zon. With some of the keys he dropped I traded for Terror and Hates. Then running the mini ubers I collected the organs and sold an organ set for an IST. Maybe a little low but I had a constant stream of buyers and collecting more Destruction keys isnt really a problem. Finding Ists is a major problem!!

Well by last night I had traded for a total of 11 ists and 4 Ums which I also got during a few of the trades.

I then traded for a Ber and a Jah for 3 ists each and with these I made myself my first Enigma (1120 def) which my Summoner Necro now wears which was the reason I wanted the Ists.

That leaves me 5 ists and 4 Ums :)

For a couple of weeks work I reckon it went well.

Now for more Nith runs to build up another store of keys as I am now after a Griffons for my Zon

So I would say if you can do it run Nith and only Nith.

18. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman Diabloii.Net Member

You forgot about Lvl 85 Areas hunting for socketables. This is a great source of income too :wink:.

19. Noctes

Noctes Diabloii.Net Member

we all know [..] keysets, organs, and mfing are the big ways to gain wealth ___quickly____

what do u mean by quickly, 3 months ? i mean i started over again with a meteorb, my mf was a bit crappy but i found some stuff, but so few i can count them with one hand.

The only way i got some more usefull stuff is thx to rich people i met who helped me, about 2 or 3 times in 2-3 months (well i don't play all the time i'm used to go drinking too :) )

Not thx to the last friend i've got partial tal he practically gave me (just bought him a pul with PG then i don't know why but he helped me, with some tal + magefist).

now i've got 300-350mf and i fell my sorc is overpowered with the insight i made myself in a selffound etheral colossus voulge and some other stuff. But i still do not find usefull stuff (i mean the ones everybody seems to talk about in guides) or very rarely (1 item per month ?)

and you dare say "quickly" ???
    i know i'm a bit addicted, but 'i'll hate blizzard forever for setting such low drop rate, so that u'll have to spend YEARS to earn something - i have some other stuff to do - drinking and seing friends & girls that is.

--------------
    what's funny to is i was looking for magefist cause the game didnt want to gave it to me in 3 months (neither tarnhelm btw), and the guy who proposed me that asked for a lem or some other expensive items / i remained polite by saying nothing but i was thinking you will root in hell before i ever give you that.

I found 2 frosties and gave one for free :/ cause it's not tradeable at all :s
    The only thing people trade is high rune and high uniques. Well there is some exceptions i suppose :)

Thx again to the people who helped me by giving some high stuff, i owe them lots of respect

20. k/t

k/t Banned

You poor, poor dear. I can't believe that bad, bad Blizzard didn't set Coronas to drop instead of Breast Plates. And now they expect you to MF lots and lots to find one. Can you believe such injustice? That's almost as bad as your teacher requiring you to go to class and pass tests before giving you credit for the course. I mean, you have other stuff to do - drink and see friends and girls. Such a gargantuan lack of consideration belies all reasonable response. Oh, the humanity!