Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your Opinion... Is Holy Freeze as a skill bm?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Sechler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Your Opinion... Is Holy Freeze as a skill bm?

Do people consider pallies that run holy freeze as main aura to be cheap or poorly mannered. To me, if holy freeze is considered bm, why isn't conviction, lightning resist, etc. considered bm as some auras can totally negate or overpower some attacks. I was considering making a pvp frost smiter/charger/zealot but I like to run my duels gm, unless of course I'm bm'ed upon first.

2. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Some people feel that unless you handicap your character then you are BM.

For some reason HF is one of those skills people get all prissy about, particulary in dueling leagues.

Anything with 'slows target' really.

I don't get it - perfectly reasonable skills and gear.

If someone calls BM in a pub just ignore them. In a tourney then gotta abide the rules.

As long as you don't mind people 'BM'ing you then feel free to use whatever tatic you like.

3. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

An example or at least the way I look at it…. if you run holy freeze as a base skill and go around charging people, your not gaining an overwhelming advantage as you're missing out on alot of ar and dmg bonus you could have from fanat. But, if you run fanaticism and equip a doom to slow people down, then go around charging, your getting a big advantage as you slow and get huge ar/dmg boost.
    I did a similar comparable build with an foh/charger i had. I made an foh'er but remainder of my pts in went into charge. I equipped doom and charged around foh'ing and slamming opponents. I eventually ended up changing to greif (which was nice as well), but it made me feel at least like i wasn't taking advantage or being too unfair :wink: .

4. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

Holy freeze is not bm. Certain builds (smiters, bowazons, etc) need to figure out effective tactics to beat holy freeze, either from the aura or from doom. It's when someone hasn't figured out an effective defence against holy freeze and gets beat by holy freeze that they start to spam how it is bm. What they should do is realize that holy freeze is something that they will see again and come up with effective tactics to face people that use holy freeze in the future.

5. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

No HF is not BM

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I do not consider HF bm, and especially not palys who use it as their main aura.

Some people cry because certain builds work well with Doom against some melee, like Windies, Bonenecs, BvCs, etc.

7. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I think one of things that bugs me, which is the worst with auradins, is being affected by someone elses aura when I'm trying to duel someone else. If I'm trying to duel and someone hosts me, but I'm not dueling them at that point, I get slowed by their dooms or hammered by their holy shock and lose my fight. Kind of a pain the xss. Although, this is good....i feel tons better about making a holy freeze pally.

8. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

HF is not bm. Lots of pubbies just cry because you beat them and they can't think of alternative tactics. Most people in pubs are just sore losers. I mean, last night a beat an orb sorc with my ghost sin and she started on about how fade was bm...........

9. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Holy freeze the skill is gm

10. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

I use it (I flash the skill) all the time. Especially versus Dennis's Bow/Jav Hybird. :grin: I put a point into it so why can't I use it?