Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your most hated monster.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ezeran, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

Your most hated monster.

Whats the enemy that you hate the most, it could just be one that annoys you a bit, or one that makes you want to throw your PC out the window.

Mine have to be the oblivion knights, Holy freeze is just annoying as hell, but the main issue I have with them is iron maiden, doesn't help I can one shot my self easy. The amount of time's I've run at a group of knights only to see the death screen come up. It's got to the point where I'm no longer going to be running diablo, it's just not worth my time as baal is to me easyier, faster and more rewarding. I actually got so annoyed by them I punched my monitor.......yeah that hurt, and didn't really help my mood :tongue: .

2. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

Well, gloams are no fun. But I have a special dread of Pitspawn Fouldog, the lightning ball breathing SuperUnique monster in Jail Level 2. I've lost some characters to him - he's so aggressive.

3. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

I hate gloams. So many times during Baal runs I'm just standing there and bam dead. It's like you have no time to react... instant death.

4. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Gloams are great fun. My Baal running sorc hunts Conviction+LR gloams just so I keep my wits about me, it's hella fun to hunt them. Mind you, this is HC.

On the other hand... I hate Frenzytaurs... although they do go down damn fast to my Blizzard...

5. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

not entirely the point of your question, but I hate random mana burn uniques - so any monster with that mod.

As for OK's - they are annoying, but I loved them when I had my Conviction/Gimmer Ranger paladin. They just sat back and cursed me while I used my 0-mana ranged attack and kicked their butts... actually that build was sweet on the mana burn mobs too.

I almost always were TGod's in Gloamville

6. Guaicaipuro

Guaicaipuro IncGamers Member

I love frenzytaurs with a passion. They can reduce most chars to rubble if they catch up with you, they're wicked fast, and they look awesome.

On the other hand, I detest bone mages. Seems ridiculous but they're so annoying, I really can't stand them. Hell Witches are a royal pain too.

7. divinius

divinius IncGamers Member

i hate the little dolls in mephisto's durance.......they are hard to see and blow up on ya when you kill them

8. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

Whenever I play Sorceress' I despise Archers. They're deadly and usually like to surprise me with immediate fire whenever I run around corners or down stairs. Other than that, Champion packs of Hierophants are always a pain in the arse because you get one down to 1/4 health then the three other bastards decide to heal it up before you can get that final whack in.

9. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

hierophants are particularly irritating for the speed at which they can heal each other and/or the faithful henchmen. it can take a while to kill these, particularly in players 8 Hell.

10. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

I have to agree with the Hierophants. Run into a pack of champion ones or two pack that are to close together and the next thing I know I'm going "WHY WON'T YOU DIE".:banghead:

11. mbain

mbain IncGamers Member

any cursed monsters are the worst. i hate having to go back to town to get the amp. damage removed--what an annoyance. and when it's archers you're dead before you even realize what happened.
    i concur on the heirophants and their stupid healing. particularly if you get a stone skin unique heirophant when you're a melee character.

12. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Those little Rakanishu pricks top my list. Not completely them, but any monster that can be revived by a Shamen.

I'm mean seriously! How annoying is it to have to kill something you already killed! Stay dead for crying out loud! The ones that spawn in the Crystalline Passage/Ancients way are the worst. Their Shamens freeze you so it takes you twice as long to kill something which means twice as many of them have been revived!

Oh, and when I'm running Andy, I've gotta try to get in there and kill the Shamens and as many Fallens as I can (with Orb) before Andy notices me. Otherwise I have to start dropping meteors on Andy while all the little FI Fallens run around annoying my merc and causing me to block and hit animate.

Not to mention the fact that they are chickens! I hate yellow bellied monsters. One of their fellows falls and the rest of them run away, run away! I either have to run after them which stires up other monsters, or wait around for them to come back. In Norm I throw Strangeling Gas potions at them and laugh, but after Act 1 norm this strategy pretty much falls by the way side.

-hps

13. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

Im gonna go with anything FE, im 1.10 still, especially stuff past act 1 hell where if im anywhere near a blast im toast. The worst of course is FE/LE/CE with those invisible explosions that occur every hit. I also dislike mana burn creatures, especially archers. I could name many more combos, such as cursed/might or worse curse/extra fast. Ok's and gloams i also hate but I just avoid areas where i might see them.
    hp sauce reminded me of another i hate: thats doom apes, they run away after you start swinging, or swarm you when you tryin to pop a chest or something. grrr

14. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

LOL! So true!

I really get your point :laughing:

I like to "dance" with gloams in order to avoid the lightning is fun knowing you can die at the minimal error.................... and sometimes just use dim vision charges against them.

I don't have a problem with "powerfull" monsters (gloams, frenzytaurs, oknights, etc.) there's always a way to deal with them, but I really HATE with passion Leapers! Stay where you are you damned gravity law broker! It's a real PAIN to deal with these guys with a melee build, especially a pack with the boss being physical resistant, only getting them to a wall to prevent knockback

15. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

I can't agree more.:laughing: They remind me of the Leopard Frogs from around where I live. I think they should give us a net as a weapon. That way we could toss it on them and they wouldn't be able to move. Then all we would have to do is give them one good stomp and they would be done.

16. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

I must say Ghoul lords at Baal's throne room.

I played my Windy @ b.net and leveled quite a lot with him. All the way to 95 which was pretty high in those days for me, for my friends and for the ladder list.

The reason I hate those, is that they just wont die! .______. I had to spam my lvl 39 tornado for half a minute to kill one. "Life Steal Missile, immune to cold, physical damage reduced by 75, life 6696-11904, 25% block. They also heal 150% faster than normal monsters."
    But one thing pissed me totally off... So, I'm killing one, took the ghoul's life to 70% and then one goddamn eniAP-hoto-hoz -hammerdin clone (which I hate even more than Ghoul lords) teleports and kills it with _one_ hammer.

17. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

I'd have to echo sirpoopsalot, mana burners are a royal pain.

The leapers are up there among the worst too, so I suppose THE worst would be mana burning leapers. :rolleyes:

18. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Whichever monster is in charge of rolling out bugfix patches for SP.

19. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

For me, it often depends on the char I'm playing at the time. When I've got something like a fury wolf out, mana burners are soooo annoying. I suddenly stop attacking. At least with a frenzy barb, you default to a normal attack.

With melee chars, it has to be dolls - fast little buggers that do a ton of damage when you kill them. Seem like bad losers to me.

IM doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's more of a nuisance to keep having to revive the merc. I often don't bother reviving him until the end of act 4.

The ones that really frustrate me the most have to be those damned hyrophant types. Try killing a boss pack of them - can sometimes be near to impossible, due to them constant healing each other. The other day, I had a group of 4 champions. I very nearly gave up, but went back to do the full clear - took forever. Really annoying is their ability (bug ?) to heal through walls etc. No line of sight required and often from off screen.

DelBoy

ps - don't like snakes either, except with a necro - they make great revives.

20. cade88

cade88 IncGamers Member

i would have to say any monster in the game as i have such a distaste for all of them that i kill them all with extreme prejudice and force but the one i really love to kill is fallen i can't kill enough of those jerks and i love popping them so they dont come back to bite me in the ***