Your most hated act?

shinningman

Diabloii.Net Member
Your most hated act?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

What is your most hated act? (if you actually spend the time to play the acts)

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Your most hated act?

5 is very weird to me especially the guest monsters.
i wouldn't say I hate it tho.
act 3 doesn't bother me much, don't mind being forced to wander through the jungle.
I actually like the guest monsters, i wish there as a bit mroe variety in earlier acts and seriously, there needs to be more goatmen everywhere but rogues? quill rats in the ice caves? thats dumb.
Also the defilers are kinda interesting from an RPG standpoint but they really are useless monsters. the pain worms are almost always wiped out by someone's AOE before they can land a hit.
(they should've added succubi in nm and hell cats 4)

shinningman

Diabloii.Net Member

I forgot to share my most hated act! lol

I seriously hate act 2 by far the most and for 1 reason and 1 reason only... those damn bugs! I mean wtf? that charged bolt when struck they have is so over powered and I literally die to them at least 6 times while in act 2

canudig

Diabloii.Net Member

a2....so long it feels, although if you actually do a3 it is very long and confusing as well

USEast Tristan

Diabloii.Net Member

act2.

I rush myself a lot, for the forges, and that alone is enough to make one revile act2. The tombs are pretty cool; however, Maggot lair is horrible for multiplayer questing, as is arcane sanctuary.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

if i'm playing through, i don't actually "hate" any of the acts. i actually kind of enjoy 'em all.

if i'm rushing, i hate act2.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Act 3 for walking, I usually never have a problem in act 2 while questing through it, just without tele and the many mobs in act 3 it can cause many problems.

Garisdacar

Diabloii.Net Member

I hate act 3 the most, since it's long and confusing and the areas don't even go in order, i often find the flayer jungle without ever entering the great marsh. i hate that part.

kberger

Diabloii.Net Member

When I'm just getting started after a ladder reset... Act 2 is brutal. Maggot Lair is very tough for a many types of chars, especially ones that have junk for gear. Claw Viper is also a challenge.

But these days, I don't have strong feelings about any act.

Grimey

Banned

Act 2 all the way. Magot Lair with a melee character or Arcane Sanctuary...

Chirijiraden

Diabloii.Net Member

OMG. Act 3 really upsets me when the map allows you to go to the Flayer Jungle without entering the Great Marsh. I remember I was wondering around for a long time looking for the Flayer Jungle in the Great Marsh only to find out that it was through the Spider Forest.

Act 2 ain't too hot either.

Gashad

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm the only part i really disliked is the first part of act 3(up until lower kurast), act 2 is irritating when rushing but quite fun when playing.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

Act 2. At least you can do some mass flayer killing in Act 3. Maggot's lair and arcane for some characters are just......

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

I like act2 graphic and design the best but I hate how long it takes to rush through it

braincrasher

Diabloii.Net Member

I must say act 2 since act 3 is doable even with not-so-good gear and resists, just proceed carefully in jungles and Travincal. In act 2 you´ll die countless times at higher difficulties if you don´t have maxed lightning and poison resistances.
You´ll also get very frustrated in Maggot lair and Arcane Sanctuary, especially with minions or without teleport.
Plus Duriel is much tougher than any other actboss excluding Baal for poorly geared character because of his holy freeze and charge.

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, palace cellar can also bite if you're melee. Mass creatures, huge amounts of high hp blunderbores/stalkers, tons of annoying undead archers and blocked or narrow if not messed up pathways all make for very convenient times for your weapon to lose its durability.

Erwwwd

Diabloii.Net Member

If I really rated the acts by how much I hated them I wouldn't be playing the game anymore.

Turbocannon

Diabloii.Net Member

I always seem to go slow in the Arcane Sanctuary, and since I play online sometimes due to some lag or whatever, when I hit the scarabs some 'invisible' sparks might hit me. A2 it is. Oh, and Baal with my Bowazon was annoying. I had great armor so I could take about 30 hoarfrosts but I spent half an hour killing Baal (alone).