Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Your momma dresses you up funny!"(Taunt Qs) ifr

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Afflicted, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted IncGamers Member

"Your momma dresses you up funny!"(Taunt Qs)

Right, I've just picked this game back up since quite a while since the new patch is out and I got myself broadband. I used to usually take up a pally, but now I'm considering making a barbarian using beserk and a shield for defense. But the various mages and elemental resists are worrying me.

The question: If Gloams are so scary, why don't barbarians just 'Taunt' the suckers? Their lightning attacks horrible, yeah, but I'll just bet their melee attack's wimpy. Does taunt still work like it used to in 1.10?

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Howl them all and taunt them back one by one ^_^

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

That's actually the typical way of handling them, unless you deck out in lit gear. Most people I know just use taunt on them, however, so they can wear better gear.

-Hal

4. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

I taunt the hell outta souls, gloams and just about anything else that's ranged.
    It's also a handy skill if you're helping other folks (or your merc) level; keeps the bad guys off of them and on you.
    Also I believe when you taunt a ranged attacker, they switch over to melee (which is usually much weaker).

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I think they just walk up to you and then resume with the ranged attack, if they don't have a melee attack.

Burning Souls switch to melee
    Burning Dead Archers walk up to you and shoot arrows

6. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I switch my belt to thunder gods, my sword to a phase blade, and my boots to Imps with good resists. I walk up (or run) to the lightning gloams and souls and say "please shoot me now =)". As I stand there laughing I kill one of their friends and the rest seem to run away from me. I just dont't understand why they are afraid ;). Yez I know some are thinking I bet Phantasy has done the Anya quests in normal, nightmare, and hell, and carry a ss. My reply is simply: Ooo yea baby!

7. Afflicted

Afflicted IncGamers Member

Howl and taunt, eh? Sounds nifty. :)

Hmmm, how many points does one have to push into howl typically to expect it to work properly? I hear that it only works if the monster level is lower than the barb's level + howl skill level...or something like that.

On another note, does the same formula apply for the grim ward skill?

Lastly, are magic AND physical immune monsters common?

8. KryptMaker

KryptMaker IncGamers Member

Howl's formula: If mlvl =< clvl + slvl, flee.

Taunt will only work on monsters that have a melee attack.
    Exceptions to taunt are: Flayer Shamans, Water Watchers, Putrid Defilers, and Pain Worms.

There may be a few more, but I haven't posted in months and haven't played in even longer.

Careful that you don't taunt too many monsters back to you. If a monster gets stuck behind another while trying to reach you, it will switch back to its ranged attack, if it has one. They will also switch back to ranged attacks after a while if you don't kill them fast enough.

9. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Can't say I've ever seen a Magic and Physical Immune monster