Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your LK Run Journals pics plz

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by In the name of Zod, May 16, 2008.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Your LK Run Journals pics plz

Who out there are currently in the midst of performing a massive number of LK runs? Do you score your runs and what drops are you tracking. Just thought it'd be a great opportunity for people to talk about what else drops for them when doing LK runs as well as how many runs you be doing and since when.

Personally I've just started counting mine using a simple print out table from Word. Its got enough spaces for me to simply mark up to 4000 runs on the sheet. Its a 10x40 table, each cell holds 10 (IIII IIII) with slashes (/). But, I've been getting some coooool drops and so realised that my Journal should contain more.

Has anyone created a Journal for LK runs, can you possibly share its details maybe by scanning it in and ImageShacking a link here for all to see. I'll be making one myself later once its been given proper thought. Thanks very much!

P.S. This is not about 'your lk run screenshots'. It about your manual recordings by hand.

2. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Your LK Run Journals pics plz

I've just started using a run counter and keeping track of drops. I probably have ~8k runs before starting this, but only about 730 since I started tracking. I use a text document (on the other computer) to do it, but basically it looks like:

Code:
    <Run Number>    <Item>

Non-Skill Charms:
    00231           Ruby SC of Balance (11/5)

... divided into 5 sub-sections: non-skill charms, skill-charms, jewels, runes (Hel+), and 'Other'. So, it'll be easy to look through my skillers and jewels and such when I get around to posting a proper list (I figured I'd likely wait until ~2500 runs).

In addition to the usual runes, jewels, gems and charms, I've been picking up an assortment of items along the way, which, unfortunately slows my runs by a fair amount. But, I'm just as interested in a +3 Enchant Volcanic orb as I am for my long-term goal: Enigma (and yes, I don't plan on finishing this project any day soon. In fact, I don't really expect to ever reach that goal :tongue:). I figure keeping my interests diverse and not focusing entirely on runes will hopefully keep me from burning out though.

4. TheSupercrab

TheSupercrab IncGamers Member

whenever i do a set number of runs for LK, Mephi, Pindle just to see my haul, i simply use a run counter (the one that counts automatically by looking at how often ur d2s file gets saved) and a new atma stash. Then whenever the char is full i offload everything into that seperate atma stash.

Sure it doesent tell u what run u got each drop from but its very quick and does tell you exactly what you got from e.g. 5000 LK Runs.

5. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Supercrab- what's the name of that run-counter? I've been thinking about setting one up, and I definitely want one that won't take any more effort on my part after I do the initial setup :laugh:

6. TheSupercrab

TheSupercrab IncGamers Member

Its called Gheeds Save Counter. If you look up the elite runners thread in the SP forum it should have a link there. Click

I think its JJscuds save counter.

7. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

I've done about 300 LK runs, and gotten 2-3 skillers, some jewels and charms, nothing spectacular yet. It's been an on/off thing, and I'm not recording it.

However, there was a guy that showed the exact numbers on a massive number of runs just a few weeks back. You should be able to find it.

8. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

9. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Edit: Meh, should read all posts. :tongue:

10. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Personally i use 2 things to keep track. First is a pen and paper to keep track of the runs i do that session. Once i quit that session i add it to the second thing i use. This is a webpage for the total runs (and spoils). Here's a pic of how it looks (the real thing looks better than the pic:wink3:). As you can see, my current count is 3.130 runs.

Background:
    The webpage thingy started out with the fact i wanted to learn to program a bit (just for fun). That combined with the fact that i had a lot of diablo info i wanted to keep track of. Like runewords, cube recipes, build guides (you can't believe the number of loose pieces of papers i had with builds scribbled on them) and much more.

So i started with the above. Later i was inspired by some things on this forum, which i added to my site. First was the thread where people kept track of their advance on the way to lvl 99. Since i have over 30 chars i nicely listed them in order of experience and also added their lvl, name and build.

After that i found out i liked the elite runners thread. Since i was already running a lot of targets it was an easy decision to start keeping track of them. So now i've added that too. The pic above is a part of the targets i'm running. I've also added pages with runs i've finished. Most are still in progress, but as time progresses more runs will be finished.

Here's a pic of the opening page of my creation. On the left side you can see the main items of what the page contains.
    Note: The ugly purple/pink part at the top is there just to remember me i still have to fill that. I haven't found anything that i both like and fits there (yet). If anyone has any nice ideas about that feel free to speak:smiley:.

So to conclude: most of my diablo info is now all on my usb-stick instead of having to drag a ton of paper with me. Which can get lost or is at best a big search to find the info you need at that moment.

Wow, this became a lot longer then intended. Hope you all had fun reading it.

11. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

You could make your name in Diablo II symbols, with a black background. (It doesn't have to be forever, but it will be a lot better than that pink/purple part :tongue:)

And it was odd to see "Deze Computer" :wink3: because I'm complete into English when I'm on these forums.

HHB

12. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

@HHB: Thnx for the suggestion. I'm not to good (read: lousy) with photoshop and such, but it might be worth to give it a shot. As you said, i can always chance it and anything looks better then what i have now.
    And also got the same 'problem' as you. Whenever i frequent this forum i go into 'english mode':grin: