Your favorite next-generation muscle car?

Best overal minion?

• Grizzly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clay Golem

• Shadow Master

• Iron Golem

• Valkyrie

• Dire Wolves

• Decoy

• Oak Sage

• Other

• Total voters

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Your favorite next-generation muscle car?

It's not fair. Here I am, a poor-as-dirt college student, and all of these sexy new cars are coming out! I love how all of the car companies are redesigning their old muscle cars with new technology to finally bring back some meaning to the word of "American Sports Car". Choose your favorite. I am partial to the new Mustangs myself because they look like the old ones.

Pontiac GTO
Dodge Charger
Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Camaro (concept)

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
GTO no thanks ugly and does not impress me. The 'stang is very nice but for now I have to go with the Charger and its 6.1L hemi with 425hp. I like the idea of a new Camero but before I pick it, I'll wait for the final product.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, it still has 408HP. Good enough for me :D. I also like the look a lot better then the boxy American models listed above.

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
The GTO looks like every other sedan Pontiac's made in the last 20 years. The Charger looks like a Mustang with a Ram grille on it. The Camaro is definately my favorite out of all of those.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Even though I love the new Mustangs and can finally appreciate them as something other than a daddy's girl car, I gotta go with the Charger. The SRT8 looks sweet!

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
I voted Camaro

Whats the date on that article about the Camaro?

Because in the latest copy of MotorTrend, it was reported that GM axed the new Zeta platform for all lines except the GTO, meaning no new Camaro. But the '08 GTO will have a very Mustang-ish retro look.

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
The Dodge Charger is just a rebadged version of the Chrysler 300M. Not all high hp V8 sedans qualify as muscle car. If so... how about the BMW M5 amd AMG E55? Both over 400hp. :eek:

Where as Mustang and Camero are true pony cars with coupe config and made to smoke their 'rear' tires.

The Impala isn't a muscle car cuz it's only V-6 and it's a front wheel drive :rolleyes: . And did I mention it's GM crap?

Corvette is a muscle car though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Btw, scenario--at red light. Muscle car vs. a tricked out ricer. Who do you have your money on?

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
Btw, scenario--at red light. Muscle car vs. a tricked out ricer. Who do you have your money on?
Depends on what you mean by "tricked out". Races tend to depend on who feels like putting the most money into their car. But American cars tend to have an advantage in short distance sprint races, since superchargers keep torque at low RPMs whereas turbos have to spool.

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
Stoutwood said:
Depends on what you mean by "tricked out". Races tend to depend on who feels like putting the most money into their car. But American cars tend to have an advantage in short distance sprint races, since superchargers keep torque at low RPMs whereas turbos have to spool.
Ok... how about aftermarket turbo charger, chip, headers, manifold, momo steering wheel, chrome gas cap, clear corner lights, and stickers? 0-60mph and 1/4 mile.

I doubt any ricer without a turbo can beat a muscle car. Put a turbo and those puny 4 cylinders can beat a muscle car.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
The Dodge Charger is just a rebadged version of the Chrysler 300M. Not all high hp V8 sedans qualify as muscle car. If so... how about the BMW M5 amd AMG E55? Both over 400hp. :eek:
Muscle cars are typically American, and started by taking just a plain old passenger car and dropping a V-8 in it. The BMW M5 is a super-sedan, as are the AMG's (some coupes).

Dirty_Zulu said:
The Impala isn't a muscle car cuz it's only V-6 and it's a front wheel drive :rolleyes: . And did I mention it's GM crap?
Actually the new Impala SS gets the new 5.3 V8, pushing 303 hp to the front wheels. The front drive is what kills it. Monte Carlo gets the same.

The 96(ish) Impala SS was a muscle car. Just a plain old sedan, but with a hopped up v8.

Dirty_Zulu said:
Corvette is a muscle car though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No, the Corvette is a sports car. It was made to be lightweight (fiberglass body), and to be an all around performer, not just red light to red light or the drag strip.

Dirty_Zulu said:
Well seeing as how a new Mustang or GTO goes 0-60 in just a hair over 5 seconds, I'm gonna say new muscle car 90% of the time, whether the ricer has a turbo or not.

I really dont understand ricers. Instead of wasting money on a wimpy 4 cylinder, they could use that money towards an already somewhat potent V8.

And if you're wondering, I drive a 1968 Camaro with a 327 Chevy Small Block and a Powerglide Tranny. True pony car.

cRe8

Diabloii.Net Member
Camaro,but isn't the new corvette muscle?I'd take the corvette over any of the new muscle cars.Also I drive a '68 Charger.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Well seeing as how a new Mustang or GTO goes 0-60 in just a hair over 5 seconds, I'm gonna say new muscle car 90% of the time, whether the ricer has a turbo or not.

I really dont understand ricers. Instead of wasting money on a wimpy 4 cylinder, they could use that money towards an already somewhat potent V8.

And if you're wondering, I drive a 1968 Camaro with a 327 Chevy Small Block and a Powerglide Tranny. True pony car.

Subaru WRX Sti will beat both of em with a 0-60 of 4.7 or so.