Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

your fav smiter pvp gear!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by xxmunkyxx, Nov 16, 2006.

1. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx IncGamers Member

your fav smiter pvp gear!

hey everyone, yes i am back MUAHAHAHAHA!
    yes well i was banned TEMPORARILY for trolling etc. etc.
    well i am stopping that right now, so anyway I'm trying to find out what everybody's favorite smiter pvp gear set up is, mine is as the following
    Helm: definitely crown of ages with 2x ber rune in it, if you cant afford COA then get guillaimes face (i cant remember if that is how you spell it or not)(and you would use that with a ber rune in it and you would use it for the crushing blow)
    Armour:now you need either CoH (chains of honor for those who don't know) or the other option is Btals Armour (for the resis, +2 skills etc. etc)
    Amulet:i actually think using highlords is a great idea, that or if you are incredibly rich slippers (i used highlords for the attack speed)
    Weapon:choose either of the two, Grief ONLY IN A PHASE BLADE SO IT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!!! OR use last wish IN A PHASE BLADE AGAIN now grief you would use obviously because it does direct damage JUST like war travs boots and it does up to +400 damage, now last wish i personally prefer since it gives you mite aura which makes your damage increase greatly, although i dont know if it does as much as greif.
    Shield:eek:bviously you use ethl exile but if you wish to know which to use pick one of the following
    eth vortex exile for max damage and defense
    eth zakarum shield for good min and max damage and mid defense
    eth sacred rondache for resistance.
    ring1:try to get a perfect BK ring
    ring2:try to get a perfect ravenfrost ring
    gloves:dracs are a must, the added chance to cast lifetap is good
    belt:verdungo's is a must again, try to get perfect for the damage reduce.
    boots: now pick either of the two, war travs or gore riders, you use travs for the direct damage, use gores for crushing blow, best use gores.
    inventory:try to get 9x palidin combat grand charms with +40 to life (these are very very expensive by the way) use 20-20-x anni, try to get a 15-15 ^ palidin torch and fill the rest of you inventory full of faster hit recovery small charms or bmana small charms (i cant remember correctly but i think bmanas are +20 life, +17 manam if you cant be bothered for the mana just get lots of +20 lifer small charms)
    well just correct anything here and/or give your own setup.

sorry about acting like a noob to everyone beforem my apologies!

:sunny: xxmunkyxx

2. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

If you would be willing to use spaces between the textblocks it would be a more attractive text :D

3. xxmunkyxx

hahaha ill take that into account, thanks for the tip :D

xxmunkyxx :sunny:

4. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

k i have 3 set ups

firstly the things im using as nonswapable gear

+2 pally/23 str/16 dext/20 res all (almost armagethon slippers) amulet
    10 fcr/120 ar/20 str/14 dext/19 cr/10 pr ring
    20/247 raven
    mp enima

coa ber/ber ,ber shako, jah shako

45 base 35 fcr sacred targe spirit
    65 ed/101 ar sacred targe exile- bm only
    upped eth hoz
    upped bered hoz
    65 life wwalks
    40/391 pb grief
    trangs/double upped bloodfists/dracks (bm only)
    40/15 dungo/ arachnid
    um widowmaker
    um perf kiras
    bk/wisp/dwarf/carrion wind
    charms
    45/44/43/41/12 fhr pcombats
    18-19/5 res like 10 of them
    rest 20 lifers- to be replace by life /res scs

on screen smite dmg 2.8k-3k depending on shield
    life at lvl 83 4.3k
    75 fcr
    48/86 fhr depending on set up
    50 dr depending on gear
    pretty gg smiter imo

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Now, munky.

You want to tell me how you have a chance of dueling versus any decent casters or a Bonemancer with no teleport?

And Crushing Blow is barely effective in PvP. As for the rings, you could've chamed the CoA instead and used a rare ring. You lose 4% DR but you gain lots of life (via the +str/dex/life) and the only real thing you lose is the cold absorb.

6. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

I don't think after being banned once it's a wise idea to suggest using the item "BTals".

For smite, I'm not sure if it matters but unless you're using tele-smite technique, wouldn't you want to use a berserker axe instead of a phase blade? The extra range would help and since you use highlord's the IAS is already there.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the + damage from War Travellers isn't transferred to smite because it's not +X Damage. It's +Min - +Max Damage, which only transfers to regular attacks such as zeal.

Any Exile shield can be used for either ED/AR or Resists. My personal favourite since the average damage is all within' .5 damage is the Sacred Targe with Resists or a Vortex Shield with Resists. ED/AR is only useful for when charging or zealing, not for smite. The reason I suggest the Sacred Targe is because it of all the elite Paladin shields has the highest % chance to block. It's probably a very small number between the amount of dexterity required for max block after holy shield between an Vortex and a Sacred Targe, but it's the thought that counts.

I personally like the idea of using:

CoA (BER/CHAM)
    20% FCR +2 Paladin Amulet
    Grief Phase Blade
    Enigma
    Upgraded Herald of Zakarum (BER)
    Trang-Oul's Gloves
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Rare 10% FCR Ring
    Rare 10% FCR Ring
    Ethereal Sandstorm Trek

Switch:

Call to Arms War Scepter (+3 Holy Shield)
    Spirit Paladin Shield

7. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

Sorry for the double post. I'm at coop right now and the boss came over had to post quick and close.

With that setup you have 39% PDR, 75% breakpoint for cast rate, a total of 13 to all Paladin skills, 11 to combat skills, and resists should be fairly mediocre. Lifetap is BM to me. Exile is surely an option for a shield and as are Dracul's Grasp but for a GM Paladin that's very viable in my opinion, this is a decent setup.

Switching out to Exile/Dracul's is fairly easy aswell.

CoA (BER/BER)
    Exile
    Enigma
    Grief Phase
    20% FCR +2 Paladin Amulet
    10% FCR Ring
    20 Dex Raven Frost
    Sandstorm Trek / Gorerider (personally, I don't think the open wounds is worth it)
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Dracul's Grasp

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Why fill inven with fhr charms? Got a special bp in mind?

9. xxmunkyxx

ok first off for the people who think and i dont know why that WT does +min+max damage PLEASE I BEG YOU look at this URL because you ARE WRONG http://www.diabloii.net/items/uniques/armor-boots-excep.shtml
    now again i dont know why you would want FCR with a smiter and griefz is pointless against a pb because you have to repair it and the cost does not come cheap and it is annoying.
    and i dont know why people use hoz?!?! it is silly! hoz does not cast life tap nor does it have defiance aura and it does not freeze target, if you say because of resis then why not use a sacred targe eexile? that does like what 50 resis?
    and crushing blow helps alot in pvp believe me, the extra damage is extremely good, no joke. although COA is better but alot costlyer, now as for rings use raven frost for the cold sorb and cant be frozen because then you will get the DR from 2'ber'd COA, believe me it can make a big difference.

10. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

Ok xxmunkyxx, War Travellers adds 15 TO 25 damage. Take a look at a Grief runeword and look at what it says. It should say Damage + X (340-400). This means it adds X to your total damage not 15 to your minimum and 25 to your maximum. War travellers do not add any damage to smite, it has been proven.

Why use a Berserker Axe? Range 3 > range 2 when trying to smite a BvC without telesmite.

Upgraded HoZ has all around better stats then Exile. Winning does not always have to be about getting lifetap to cast. Dueling requires skill, not brute force. With HoZ you can socket it with a Ber rune and have more PDR, resists are nice, blocking, and more plus to skills.

All resists on Paladin shields cannot exceed 35 resist regardless of the shield. Any Paladin shield has the potential to roll 35 resist all, not just sacred targe.

The only thing crushing blow is going to help is on a 10k Vitawolf/BvC and in that case, it's going to help for the first shot and then you'll be doing less anyways. It's really fairly useless pvp in my opinion.

Stacking resists using Kira's with Um is better than using a Raven anyways. If you really want to use a Raven you can but I think stacking resists is better and then just outskilling them instead of just trying to absorb them.

11. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Small amount of fcr might be helpful for telesmite.

Eth Upped HoZ is better Smiter shield than any Exile imo. Some just think Drac's tap is enough, or they just don't need tap.

A simple Shako would be better than Guillaume's for PvP.

btw Maccat, all regular paly shields can spawn with up to +45 res.

12. Sheep

Sheep IncGamers Member

crushing blow is very effective in pvp.

13. xxmunkyxx

well i can tell you now the extra 15k defense from having defiance on eexile is alot better then a hoz, hoz is not a good smiter sheild. one for a fact it is a low shield, it stands for herald of zakurum but in fact it is not a zakurum shield... and thank you korean guy for proving that point there, using rfrost rings is actually smart since if you sorb elemental damage you get life back.... i would honestly like you to show me a strong smiter that uses hoz because i am yet to find one, only poor smiters use hoz because they cannot afford a eexile...

14. xxmunkyxx

and war travs do add damage to smite, i just tested it 15 minutes ago so please stop arguing about that, like grief it says adds 15-25 damage NOT adds 15 to min 25 to max damage.

xxmunkyxx:sunny:

15. xxmunkyxx

oh yes and guillaimes face is better then shako, your skills and damage dont always make you win a duel, but doing alot of damage does :) and you can get a lot of hp without using shako. Also using enigma with a smiter is not very smart... the reason being smiters dont need teleport... they are not rushers.. they are boss killers and pvper's like honestly if you can charge them and smite them your fine... you dont need teleport with a smiter. Oh and BTW you will need the +65 all resistance from CoH with a smiter and you will also use dungos not arachs from DR

xxmunkyxx:sunny:

16. xxmunkyxx

sorry with that last post it was skills and HP lol my bad ;P

17. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Munky, you appear to know nothing about the game. Go play tic-tac-toe instead.

18. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

Thank you Arb. I'm don't exactly have the highest post count and it would just result in a series of long flaming attacks towards me if I said it.

Korean_Guy, I thought +45 was only on magical but I might be wrong. I checked on battle.net and it says nothing about having to be magical but on the diabloii.net section of items they say 36-45 can only spawn on magical only. I'm not sure if this was updated in 1.10, I was positive that I've seen +45 resist all shields but I remembered reading somewhere only magical shields can spawn with +36-45.

19. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Yes, +45 res all can spawn on white pally shield.

20. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

QFT.
    I can't figure out if you're really that ignorant or just unfathomably stubborn.

15-25 is a range, 15 being the min and 25 being the max. War Travs add 15 min dmg and 25 max dmg. That's how they work; there's no argument here (in fact I don't even know why I'm wasting my time).

Do me a favor. Take an armor (or a helm, or a shield) and stick two jewels in it. One jewel should have a bonus to min dmg (say X) and the other jewel should have a larger bonus to max dmg (say Y). Now take a look at how the dmg bonus reads on the socketed item. It will say "adds X-Y damage", just like War Travs. It combines the min and max into one mod.