Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your dumbest/unluckiest/stupidest etc. deaths?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Rick, May 27, 2005.

1. Rick

Rick IncGamers Member

Your dumbest/unluckiest/stupidest etc. deaths?

Mine was more of an annoyance than anything else.
    Level 8 (oh yeah!), normal, act 1, an hour of running around moo moo farm snatching stuff + dodging cows. Fill up stash with cash & pretty decent stuff. Was sorting out inventory when I was doing a quest... a skele archer came by. Didnt realise he was there. RIP. :clap:

2. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

I used to have potions in my belt in this order:

1. Healing
    2. Mana
    3. Rejuvenation
    4. Rejuvenation.

After I accidentally pressed 1 while fighting Diablo and died before my fingers reached 3 I decided to change the order:

1. Rejuvenation
    2. Rejuvenation
    3. Healing
    4. Mana

My existing necro has full rejuvs on slots 1 and 2, super healings on slot 3 and greater manas in slot 4.

Topi

3. Wurmskull

Wurmskull IncGamers Member

i had a lot of confidence this day. with my 80 conviction paladin with baranar's star and around 600-700 hp i wanted to clear nm baal by myself for the very first time ( yes i leeched till lvl.80 at nm baal ), i was killing some weak monsters with lust.
    i walked a bit there, then i clicked on lvl.3 worldstone door.
    to my surprise there was doom mages, but i told myself if im careful and watch what they can on me i wont die ( i was confident. )
    i almost killed the 30 mages on that level, taking a lot of care. there was 3 left, i had the initiative to attack a lonely one in a corner ( my attack was Sacrifice ( it was lvl.19 ) ) ...and when about my blade was going to destroy him, to my large surprise, the text that clinged my heart, made my pupils smaller, raised my stress, made me alert jumped in my face.
    my mind was completly destroyed.

oh well you learn from mistakes :)

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Dumbest, just copying from the RIP thread, level 55 pally in NM CS:
    Cause of demise:I was busy doing Diablo while watching the Flames vs Canucks, game 6. The Flames were down 4-0 half way through the second. When they made it 4-4 I was so shocked that I forgot that Lord de Seis was out and I had just walked into his general vicinity...oops. Writing this right before the OT starts ^_^

Unluckiest, apparently not posted in the RIP thread to copy:
    Level 45-55 range, don't remember exactly, summoner
    After the public rune dupe in season 1 I had a brief stint on classic which started of with an untwinked summoner. Anyways going along just fine with my army of skeletons, find myself in the River of Flame in hell with resists that look something like 70 - 20 - 50 - -30 (fire and lightning are the 70 and 50, I don't recall the correct ordering). Clear the river of flame without incident, approaching the entrance to the CS with caution, doing lots of running forward/backward to keep the skels as infront as possible. Run forward. Fatal Exception Error. Log back in. Ghost.

I've had other fatal exception deaths but I claim that this one was the worst because I was so damned close to getting my first King ><

Also I'm aware that having not-perfect res doing the CS at what is a fairly low level (and therefore fairly low life total) contributed to the death as well as the poorly timed crash, but I'll claim it was all bad luck anyways ^^

5. Sip

Sip Banned

Level 85 Paladin wearing Beast zerker axe, Dream 43 all res superior pally shield, Dream bone visage, Fortitude 15% great hauberk, 15% verdgungos, 238/20 raven, 15 str/9%ll draculs, gore riders, highlords, annihilus, many vita small charms...

Townkilled in hell act 1 camp.

6. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

my fireball pvp sorc in a private baalrun.. watched tv for a second without realising i was the only killer in game and got whacked by the 4th minions.
    and ofcourse i forgot to loot my friends.
    lost:
    infinity (DOH!)
    Cta +5 bo
    hoto (32%)
    shako (5/5 ff)
    crafted amu: +2 fire/10%fcr/15all/mana regen
    soj/bk
    arachnid
    8 fireskillers
    good allres scs with mods
    2x storm
    19% fire echuta with 4% facet
    34% spirit

7. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

Level 60ish Hammerdin vs Stygian Doll in Act 3 Sewers Kurast. Oh, I wonder how much damage a Doll will do if I kill it whilst it is next to me?

More than my 700 life that's what. I did actually laugh at the stupidity of it all.

Oh and my level 69 kicksin. Similar drill, I wonder how much damage a Fire Enchanted Council Member will do? You live and learn.

*hangs head in shame*

8. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

23 asn

I tried pking an 85 pally

9. PoorCobbler

PoorCobbler IncGamers Member

gettin trav wp off a guy that told me he was in blue moon pk clan :D

10. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

at least u died with honor!
    i had a hard fight against andy hell, my life was down to almost 100 when she finally died, but the poison was still on, so my life slipped to 1, when i saw this fallen getting revived VERY nearby, so i try evading him, thinking im pretty cool staying in a game when i only have 1 life, and didn't see the fire i was heading in. I actually stood still in it, thinking crap, there goes me lovelee sorcy

11. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

xXxdohcxXx lvl 94 barb on WHCL
    nm baaling my mate
    thought hey i dont need enigma i have poor mans one ie leap attack, doing fine running and leaping and runing, then i go to leap over a big pack of knight must of been hit with iron madain in mid leap or before, i land BOOM deeds.....

lost phoniex, fort, ebotd cb, 5 wc, 5 mastery, 9 20 sc vita, anni, upd wt, upd arreats, crafted ammy with +2 barb with mad resists and str, 2 bks, p verdungos.........+ pride, dragon and dream on might merc
    11k-12k ww gone......
    sigh i miss him

12. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

With gear like that, why didnt you just get an Enigma, and opt not to go with the poor mans anything? ;)

13. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

well, i was lvl 94 and got a bit big headed, with 6k life and 32k def i thought nothing in nm could kill me....... but then i found out i could kill myself :lol: thing that sucked i spent a month lvling up, every weekend i was baaling with mates all night so for like 30+ hours a weekend inside baals throne room..... soit sort of sucked andi had 2 enigmas on mules but hey what done is done, and thats like 2 months ago it died.... still miss it, it would be lvl 97 like that guy that i was baaling every weekend is, at least i didnt do what he did, he when to delete a lvl 1 char to change what type it was and thought he had selected it, but then once he clicked okthe found out that he had clicked his lvl 97 and deleted it, hahahah stupidity at its best, you might know of him on whcl his acc is samuraicat lol so stupid he gets the winning way to kill a char ^.^ :lol:

14. Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett IncGamers Member

I think I got you all beat :clap: At the very beginning of the first ladder season I was trying to actually get on the ladder after a long day at work. I was in a pubby arcane sanctuary game...I was so tired...was awoken a few minutes later to the sound of my barb being hit I opened my eyes just in time to see my new baba fall to the ground dead :eek:

Syd

15. Rick

Rick IncGamers Member

That doesnt beat mine :rolleyes:

16. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

Recently I was killed by IM in NM throne room: after killing 3 waves of minions, one lost oblivion knight decided to enter the throne apparently. Didn't see him, sav only the dreadful animation above my head in the middle of zeal...That was my 5th attempt to build a frost zealot

17. Nexexplo

Nexexplo IncGamers Member

Damn Eury.... when will you learn?

My latest mistake was running solo baal runs with my Trang necro, just when my ISP was acting wierd. I got kicked in throne room fighting of OBs and Souls :D.

18. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

I did, I'm making an IK barb ;)

19. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Speaking of IK barbs, my first one in the beginning of Ladder 1, still thinking that IM was the same as it was in 1.09 (hell i could ww with it on me, with 32%+ life leech it barely scratched), figuring that theres no way i could kill myself with 1 concentrate, went to take out knights in wsk 3 carefully 1 by 1, well sure enough IM comes, 1 hit boom deeds, guess i was wrong hehe.

20. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

stupidest death, hmmm. my ehcl bone necro i played a while ago. He started out from scratch and after finding a pcombat gc with + life and trading it for a LO, he died while teleporting to hell pits (tele staff on switch, fanat, fe, archers extra strong extra fast, istant death)

Fred