Your dream Enchantress setup

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Your dream Enchantress setup

I'm debating what my dream setup would be (mainly so I can start to get an idea about prices and what to keep an eye out for).

I was kinda eyeing Chains of Honor, Verdungo's, BK ring and Azurewrath. Trying to max resists while keeping at least some +skills. Are Enchantresses using Stormshield at all (with +str gear and/or -req's)??

My ideas are sometimes wandering into the strange so I wanted to see what others were dreaming of for gear.
 

Clicky Pen

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my enchantress is sitting in hell a1, lvl 70. She's got rather good gear, but this is what i'd dream of:

Um'd Gaze
Um'd Shaft
mara's
razortail
Bul kathos wedding band
raven frost
20 ias/3ll/some cb crafted gloves
ik boots

weapons:

demon machine w/fire damage jool or facet, or you could go hellmouth and stick a shael here

switch:
demon limb w/fire facet
stormshield w/um or facet

of course, you'd have different stuff for prebuffing, but yeah.
 

JustGotOwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive got a lvl 60 kuko enchantress sittin in NM baal runs right now. . .equip is as follows right now ()->socketed right now, [] equip eventually

-Duskdeep full helm [shako eventually]
-173%ed Kuko (shael) [perfect eventually]
-Vipermagi (15ias 10dmg to mana) [CoH]
-Cats eye
-Magefists
-Soj [rare 10fcr?]
-Raven
-Verdungos
-Cow Kings boots

Switch:
-Occy
-Lidless

Skills right now:
-20 Warmth
-20 Enchant
-2 Frozen armor
-13 Shiver armor
-4 Fire Mastery
-1 Hydra
-1 tele
-1 pre reqs

I've got an act 2 holy freeze merc and as longas anything isnt an FI I'm basically all set, for some reason monsters in act 4 seem to take longer to kill than act 5 :scratch: I dont know why. . .anyone have an answer? I'm pretty sure she's firing at 11fps, could be 10 though, cant remember. If anyone has a link to the german calculator it would be greatly appreciated.
 

MikeFord

Diabloii.Net Member
Kind of funny, this is my first Enchantress to live long enough to be usefull, Hired_Fire now 39, (hint working on new chars in hard core maybe not be that smart), and I haven't even thought that much about a weapon, just figured to pair up with a group, zap them and stand back and leech. Something fast with exploding arrow sounds good, but what is your gear for BUFFING, since that is my first purpose pair up, zap, leech.

Buff gear for level 50


Buff gear for level 70+


Cheapo for my poor hardcore.
 
MikeFord said:
Kind of funny, this is my first Enchantress to live long enough to be usefull, Hired_Fire now 39, (hint working on new chars in hard core maybe not be that smart), and I haven't even thought that much about a weapon, just figured to pair up with a group, zap them and stand back and leech. Something fast with exploding arrow sounds good, but what is your gear for BUFFING, since that is my first purpose pair up, zap, leech.

Buff gear for level 50


Buff gear for level 70+


Cheapo for my poor hardcore.
use passion phase blade for the zeal and zerk.
 

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Picked up Andy's mask. I might end up using it for my Enchantress. Huge boost to str (29 on mine so I can wear a stormshield), 20% IAS and life leech. I'd have to make up the -30% FR but it could work. Debating whether or not to try for something else like a Crown of Ages w/ 2 sockets. It would certainly boost my resists.

I've got a Lightsabre and Demon Machine put aside for her once she levels enough. Probably going to plow through NM tonight with a friend.
 

pedro11

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm starting a new enchantress and this is would be my ultimate gear

Crown of Ages
Duriels Shell (love this armor)
Highlord's
Dracul's Grasp
Wisp Projector
Raven Frost
Tgod's / String
Beast Runeword in a sceptre
Moser's 2 pdiamonds
Demon Machine on switch

I've been thinking this set up would be good for resists, leach and most importantly the entertainment value of being able to shift into bear mode
 

Mage_Killer

Diabloii.Net Member
anyone knows of an IAS calc where you can see sorceress zealing breakpoints?
my dream enchantress
Helm: Delirium
Armor: Chains of Honor
Shield: Storm or Perfect Sanctuary
Weapon: Perfect Passion Phaseblade or Perf Kingslayer Phaseblade(+3 fireskills +3 FM +3 enchant orb + lidless for prebuff)
Rings: nice ar ravenfrost and nature's peace/bulring (2*bulring/soj for prebuff)
Belt: thundergod's or verdungo's
Boots: Sandstorm treks or Marrowwalks
Gloves: LoH or souldrainers
Amu: Mara's
 

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys.... for the most part, I think I've got my dream build down...

I do have one dumb question... would socketing a -15% req jewel into a weapon affect other things such as armor/helm/shield,etc? Or just what I socket it in? Just want to double-check. I was assuming so since people loved to load up on 40/15 gems in just about everything.

Weapon: Azurewrath / Demon Machine (have the DM.. it's niiiice)
Armor: Chains of Honor
Shield: Stormshield
Helm: Crown of Ages (hoping 2 sockets, resists can be less as I'll um x2... low dr is fine, too)
Belt: Verdungo's
Boots: Gore riders... maybe War Trav's for the +str (see below)
Gloves: Not picky. Got some nice 20% IAS, 3% ML gloves with two really good resists so I may not want to part with them.
Rings: BK Ring, Ravenfrost (Dwarf & Wisp as needed for absorb)
Ammy: Mara's or +3 Fire / res-all

Of course, the str req on the Crown is pretty damn high which is where my -15% req comes up. The str boost from some items would allow me to wear SS which would boost str enough to wear the crown at -15%. That's so long as I'm dealing with -15% str req for both SS and CoA. If not, time to pump str and find some more life charms :p
 

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mage_Killer said:
-reqs only affects the item the mod is on
Damn. I wasn't sure so I've at least planned for that. Just need to add a few more items to my dream list in order to max resists on this build ;)
 

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Enough str to reach 165 w/SS
+Block Dex
+Vit

Passion Phase Blade
Sanctuary Tower Shield / Stormshield (-REQ)

Call to Arms

Delerium Bone Visage / Shako
+2 FC/Resist Amulet
+2 Valor (Fire Faucet)
Dracul's Grasp
Bul-Kathos
Ravenfrost
FC, +STR, Resist, FHR, +Life Belt
Resist Boots

6 fire charms of vita
6 resist charms of vita

Prebuff
Leaf Staff +3 enchant
Volcanic Circlet
Volcanic Amulet
Ormus' Robes (fire faucet)
Magefist
Arachnid Mesh
4 fire charms
 

Fable13

Diabloii.Net Member
Enchantress

My Setup That Im Currently Collecting Is This

Shako-Um'd
Perfect Maras
Chains Of Honor
Immortal Kings Belt/Thunder Gods
Immortal Kings Gloves
Immortal Kings Greaves
Stormshield
Passion Phase Blade
Widow Maker On Switch
2 Ravens Frosts/1 Dwarfstar 1 Ravens Frost

40 1-99 Lightning Dmg charms

Prebuff
Leaf Staff +3 enchant
Volcanic Circlet
Volcanic Amulet
Ormus' Robes (fire faucet)
Magefist
Arachnid Mesh
10 fire charms

20 Enchant
20 Warmth
20 Fire Mastery
20 Lighting Mastery
20 Shivering Armor
1 Teleport

Immortal Kings Gives Me A Hell Of Alot Of Strenght Plus 20% Damage
Reduction And SOme Descent Resists
 

jason166

Diabloii.Net Member
Questions.. Comments...

Fable13 said:
My Setup That Im Currently Collecting Is This

Shako-Um'd
Perfect Maras
Chains Of Honor
Immortal Kings Belt/Thunder Gods
Immortal Kings Gloves
Immortal Kings Greaves
Stormshield
Passion Phase Blade
Widow Maker On Switch
2 Ravens Frosts/1 Dwarfstar 1 Ravens Frost

40 1-99 Lightning Dmg charms

Prebuff
Leaf Staff +3 enchant
Volcanic Circlet
Volcanic Amulet
Ormus' Robes (fire faucet)
Magefist
Arachnid Mesh
10 fire charms

20 Enchant
20 Warmth
20 Fire Mastery
20 Lighting Mastery
20 Shivering Armor
1 Teleport

Immortal Kings Gives Me A Hell Of Alot Of Strenght Plus 20% Damage
Reduction And SOme Descent Resists

What I want to know where you are getting those lightning dmg charms and what you are trading for them.

FYI I have a level 86 Melee sorc named EnchantedTouch on us east non ladder.

I have been collecting 1-24 dmg light charms because that's all I can find/trade for from ppl. They are cheap and if you can find 20 of them vs 3x1-99 or 6x1-44 then you are still better off on dmg.
20x1-24 = 20-480 Now add in say, level 15 Lightning mastery which is +218% dmg and you get. 63-1526 lightning dmg. This, along with good crusing blow % will help alot on those pesky fire immunes.

For all you folks planning on using passion phase blades keep in mind that you will want to try and get some more IAS too to make zeal more useful. I currently use crafted gloves with 3% life leech, 9% crushing blow, +14 Str, 20% IAS and +14 to life. And I use highlords ammulet which gives 20% IAS and good deadly strike based on char level. I notice a big difference from adding these 2 20% items to my setup. I can do hell cows melee with this sorc. Ofcourse I stay away from packs of cows that are larger than 7 or so. A high level BO from a barb is your best friend.

Jason
 

Fable13

Diabloii.Net Member
Dream

Keyword Being DREAM Setup =) These Charms Are Very Rare And If You Find Them They Are Worth A Hell Of Alot
 

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Fable13,
Please use proper case. Its annoying as hell to read your posts.

Jason166 said:
For all you folks planning on using passion phase blades keep in mind that you will want to try and get some more IAS too to make zeal more useful. I currently use crafted gloves with 3% life leech, 9% crushing blow, +14 Str, 20% IAS and +14 to life. And I use highlords ammulet which gives 20% IAS and good deadly strike based on char level. I notice a big difference from adding these 2 20% items to my setup.
There is no difference between 40% OIAS and 0% OIAS. At 47% OIAS you hit 4 frames, as opposed to 5 frames - not significant enough to sacrifice equipment IMO.
 

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like I need to go on a quest for +15res / +15% IAS and -15% req / +15 res jewels.

Those don't seem to be too common, either (they appear possible form the suffix/prefix list).

Maybe it's also time to start collecting up pgems ;)
 

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
the first attack in the zeal probably goes down fairly significantly, however, and a 4 frame zeal is infinitely better than a 5.
 

jason166

Diabloii.Net Member
Vajar said:
Fable13,
Please use proper case. Its annoying as hell to read your posts.



There is no difference between 40% OIAS and 0% OIAS. At 47% OIAS you hit 4 frames, as opposed to 5 frames - not significant enough to sacrifice equipment IMO.

Oh there's definitly a difference... are you factoring in the 25% increase attack speed on the passion phase blade?

Jason
 
Top