Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your Connection has been interrupted...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rawker, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

Your Connection has been interrupted...

Why do these pop up so much..and more to the point, why do they seem to be hellbent on taking my items!? I was muling with a friend, and i dropped a fort(Archon plate, 29 resist) to give to my wolfbarb. I come back with my wolfbarb, PICK UP the plate, stash it, and run around for a couple. Well whaddya know, Connection interrupted. I go back, and my forts gone poof. I know it wasnt duped, cuz it was made by me, runes and armor were found. And this isnt the first time iether. Bnets given me a connection interrupted with an uber portal open...

So anyone got any misfortunes that make mine look miniscule :hanky:

2. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

I had that happen with some pgems.

3. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

Sorry for your loss but it did happen alot of time to all of us - i think i lost around 10 hrs worth of stuff this season alone while transfering.

If you accept to drop it on the ground, you have to accept the possibility of losing it.

4. dennabsawi

dennabsawi Banned

This board needs a special forum just for people to cry about lost items due to C/I and temp bans. I mean for real, if I had the time I'd count for myself, but there has to be at least 50 of these "I lost my itemz boo hooo" threads.

Its clogging the damn board with the same thing.

Here I'll cut to the chase.

WE ALL KNOW ABOUT CONNECTION ISSUES AND THAT PEOPLE LOSE THEIR CRAP WHILE MULING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we really need to hear about it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

again?

5. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Are all 21 of your posts flames? Yesterday you pick a fight with Lord Nyax over practically nothing, today you rip on somebody who just needs to vent after losing a self-found and self-made runeword. If the mods thought that there were too many of these threads, they would lock them or make a rule about it. Just my $.02.

To the OP: very sorry to hear about your loss. If I ever find a Lo, it will be going into a Grief. And if I manage to lose that, I think I would die a little.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Do I need to whack you with a three day temp ban?

Or would you like a month?

Read the forum rules. NOW.

7. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Ive had plenty of CIs myself also,most annoying was after opening first mini uber portal and beating Lilith down to an inch of her life ..then CI.

Not nearly as nasty as losing a self found/made fort...sorry for your loss.

8. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

ya .. sucks to lose stuff. i've lost items (not 1337 1tamz by any means) by not staying in the game 5 minutes for the game to perm .. lesson learned for me.

OP: good to vent tho, so don't sweat the flames .. there's hundreds of pages of posts, there's bound to be topics and threads that surface over and over again.

all of us play the same damn game over and over again .. a little different each time maybe, but really it's bound to be a little repetitive from time to time. that's the nature of the game, is it not? :wink3:

9. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

oh i accepted that..but what really irked me was i picked the item up and put it in my stash..and then it went poof

10. templeofnogwa

templeofnogwa IncGamers Member

Not a CI for me, but I was doin' the ol' self-mule and made a game, staying in it for about 8-10 minutes first (I always wait at least a few minutes after the needed 5 just to be a little bit safer). I lost a few pgems, some rare assassin gloves, frostburn gloves, and some lower-mid level swords. The thing is that I was going to transfer them to another, lower-level character and then give them away in a low-level game, as I knew I wasn't going to use them but didn't want them to go to waste. Game didn't exist when I tried to reenter--bummer.
    I think the best thing I lost was a lvl27req. 4%mana leech/15all resist ammy.

11. Eroytch

Eroytch IncGamers Member

I was just swapping over my weapons to get the +skill before I shapeshifted on my druid. Had no space for my current weapon so I dropped it on the floor, shapeshifted and picked it back up stashing my prebuff weapon. Ran on to go kill Izual 5 minuites later after clearing the first map ....CI. Try to rejoin my game but it's not there anymore.
    Remake my game and there in my hand is not my usual shiny sword but a rather dull looking stick. Bye bye to my 37/384/25 Grief.
    I feel like stabbing myself in the eye.

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Yep that one blows big time Ive dropped gear before to pick something up when ive had no room, id the item, tossed it only to get ci 5 mins down the track and lose whatever I originally dropped.

Thats a practice I rarely :wink: use anymore.Kinda like playing russian roulette:rolleyes:

13. Eroytch

Eroytch IncGamers Member

Just hit 75 so I can use my torch too, now I'm weaponless.

14. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Heh at least you can use your torch ...kill em with the firestorm..