Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your char that dies most?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DougTheHead2, Mar 21, 2005.

1. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

Your char that dies most?

I have started 14 characters, with about half of those at lvl 80 or above. I have mostly played caster/range, as 1.10 is just that much harder than what I was used to. I do have a strafer, and the number of times she dies is just amazing! Easily, she is my character that has died the most amount of times.

So what's your character that dies the most? Just can't keep hold of a life for the life of her/him?

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

I normally don't die in SC, so my vote goes for:

any character i add into a HC tourney. so far not one has made it out of act 1 normal

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

My HC characters die less out of all my characters. unfortunately, they all stand at 1 death, so thats not too good for HC. highest deaths would be my trapsin. although id say about half her deaths have coem in MP games doing baal runs.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Something strange here. I normally don't die in SC, but I am able to finish at least normal in HC. Maybe you are not used to play untwinked?

My vote goes to my Frenzier. He was my first 1.10 character and was dying quite lot until I learned to use WarCry. He died to FE Ancients 4 times in a row.... I didn't know....

5. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Martyr, 'nuff said.

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Just before I quit playing actively I had so much practice that nothing that was even halfway viable died at all. (discounting the FE bug, which I deem unavoidable without screwing fun/gameplay completely)

Before that, the one that died the most was probably my first 1.10 character, a fragile dual claw tiger strike assassin. Only good item she had was a bartuc's claw somebody gave me. (I think it was Rag. <3) She definetly had (and needed) more lives than a whole bunch of cats. But from every death I learned a bit more about what hits how hard and eventually you don't die anymore.

7. Krikke

Krikke IncGamers Member

2 dead hammerdins so far both hc so i'll vote for that.
    FE <3

8. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

My hammerdin is 92 and he could be 94 or 95, damm FE monsters in Baal Runs.

bang... your dead :(

9. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Minimal twinked Lightning Spearzon. over ten deaths in hell and 2 hours of dying at Hell ancients.

My favourite char though.

10. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I would also have to say my strafer, she made an art of dying. She started by throwing herself at Duriel (normal) more time than I would care to count, she finally had to beg for help and get someone else to do the job with Diablo (normal) . She got a little better in NM but when I installed LoD with patch 1.10 she died of fright.

Eventaully she when on to throw herself at gloams, ancients, and ultimately Hell Baal, but in the end she was standing and Baal wasn't.

Truthfully, she was my first char, followed no build (I didn't put points in strafe till mid 40s and Valk till 55) has terribly low life, and was untwinked until mid-hell when I traded for a Buriza. She has overcome that all stage and now is a fairly competent pit runner.

11. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

Since I've started playing D2 again none of my characters have died. That includes my HC guys. I intend to keep it that way.

12. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Hammerdin. He dies on Baal runs, he dies in the pit, he dies if an Unraveller looks at him wrong.

13. Seishinkan

Seishinkan IncGamers Member

Easily, my strafer. She still hasn't killed Hell Baal yet. She has negative resists and is a slow killer so I'm not exactly surprised. And she was my first original character so I never really put much forethought into her build.

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm very impatient so I tend to die alot...the worst is probably my skellymancer...yes I'm ashamed to admit it but it's true...Gloams got me a lot in the beginning, but now I'm much more wary of them and even with 11% lightning resist he does okay (save&exit helps too:))..also those very pesky red undead dolls in the throne room...they are impossible to spot, so you're standing there with an evil grin on your face preparing to chaincast corpse explosion and all of a sudden you're dead:( It's been a difficult time adjusting to 1.10:(

15. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

My titan charger. He die in 3seconds when swarmed by flayers :S

16. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

My most deaths are currently from my pikeadin fanatic zealot. He deals some good damage, averaging about 3k in hell i think, but his defence currently sucks dirty rocks. I've been playing pretty sporadically lately, so I'm a bit rusty, and needing to learn how to better manage distance with the polearm. It's good to be able to stand backa bit more, I just forget to do so, and forget to make sure to draw monsters out so that they packs can't surround him... I'm just happy to have gotten him to actII hell (players 3 and 4 in A1, backed down to 2 and 3 for A2 currently). If I can play smarter, he'll go far I think. getting some better armor will help too...heh...

17. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

My Frost Zealot (and first Pat) Sir Wincalot didn't have very good gear and used to die - a lot! Probably only patted because he was MPing through latter Hell. No decent shield, armor or weapon = dead Pally.

18. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

My untwinked Mageazon and Frenzy Barb characters were both
    "quickdeath" characters -die early, die often.

19. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Sorceresses, I normally play untwinked, they are always dieing till they get there better skills. But if I have a barb, well they are just really cool, doesn't really matter what build. they just don't die.

20. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Any of my Titans :) Being melee and having 300 life is a good way to ensure you die often.