Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your best Baal drops

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Churning, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Churning

Churning IncGamers Member

So I'm just curious what everyone's best drops from Baal are. You can also list some of your favorites.

I'm doing lots of Baal runs right now, and I don't recall ever finding a unique TC87 from Baal himself, although I never was a huge Baal runner. My best drop from Baal the last few days is a Trang's belt.

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I once had a Nat's Mark from Baal. I think it was my Venomancer's quest drop. Nothing much beyond that iirc.

3. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

Right off the top of my head: this eTomby, a perfect WP, Schaefer's and Stormlash. But yeah, don't count on Baal for mfing, he's pretty stingy.

4. Churning

The reason I ask is I am currently hunting for some super rare items that I know I never found in my past years of playing.
    Stormlash, Tyrael's Might, and Death's Fathom.

In particular I really want to find Death's Fathom, and eventually a high %.

Also, does anyone know where I could find a chart or something similar I could print out for starting a HC grail. If not I suppose I could make my own.

5. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@zticazzy Now that you mention it, I found a Stormlash from Baal as well.

@Churning If you are looking for those, don't run Baal. He takes for too long to get to, totally not worth it. Run Pits or AT instead.

6. hackedagainanda

hackedagainanda IncGamers Member

I found Tyrael's Might from Baal on my way to level 99.

7. Churning

Yea, I guess I will switch over to one of those soon, or maybe Pindle. Nearly just got one shot from a stygian doll I didn't see too. whew...
    Going to Baal a little longer for the exp though.

8. JoeBruce

JoeBruce IncGamers Member

I used to run Worldstone Keep a lot in softcore. I believe it was Nightfish who wrote once that you don't run Baal, you run Worldstone for the TC87 boss monsters (including Baal's minions), and Baal is just the icing on the cake at the end of your run (because yeah, he's a stingy bastard).

Looking through my old stashes/chars I see Aldur's Armor, Kira's Guardian, Arachnid Mesh, Mavina's Bow, Tomb Reaver (crumby roll) and my Javazon was wearing this ring (not insane, but good enough to wear):

Ghoul Loop
    Ring
    Required Level: 48
    Fingerprint: 0x5a820e00
    Item Level: 99
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    4% Mana stolen per hit
    +3 to Energy
    All Resistances +8
    Poison Resist +24%
    9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I always considered any charm dropped by Baal to be awesome, because you could re-roll it to get mods that aren't available otherwise (not that I ever did that...). Back to the above point, I do remember finding IK armor and Tal's armor in the throne room. So explore the whole Keep levels 1 & 2, and note where the boss packs spawn. Running Worldstone is fun because you get the craziest/hardest monster combos. And the chance of finding any item in the game when you defeat them. Bring a Kelpie Snare to deal with Baal.

edit: about the item list, I have an old one made by someone under the alias "Death Dealer." If you can't find one I suppose I could email you a blank copy (PM me - I assume that's still a thing, I'm kind of a shadow on the SPF so I'm not familiar with what's happening). It is a really well-done excel file.