Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Your Account Has Been Restricted.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by killercrank, Jun 15, 2008.

1. killercrank

killercrank IncGamers Member

Your Account Has Been Restricted.

I was doing baal runs last night and i guess we finished a game way too quick so I joined the next one and it said I was temporaly restricted, that was around 12 30 last night, I woke up this morning it's now 7, tried to log in and I still get the same message. Is there any way to get around this? And how long does this bull**** last, I mean god damn i payed for this ****in game and I cant even play it cuz they think im a bot? thanks.

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: Your Account Has Been Restricted.

Tempbans can last from several minutes to days, weeks even. If you try to log back in while you're still restricted you're extending the ban. Just try it every half an hour or every hour to be sure.

3. Es Mors

Es Mors IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure there was someone on these forums that proved that wrong a while ago. He/she tried logging in continuesly for quite a while and finally it worked.

4. GodOfWake

GodOfWake IncGamers Member

There is only one legitimate cure for these restrictions, and that's time. Wait it out, and don't try to connect too often while restricted, or you'll only make it last longer. These restrictions can be frustrating, and some players view them as unjust, but the most important thing is to stay calm, give it some time, and come back when it's over. As for knowing when it's over, it can vary from a few minutes to up to three days. If it's lasting for over three days, you can email [email protected] about it, but never forget that any IP restriction will fix itself in time.

5. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I can't be bothred to look for the thread (I never find anything), but it's true that someone spam-logged for 20 minutes straight and got in. Make of it what you will; that could have been a random glitch for all I know. It can last for a week though so I wouldn't bother spamming either way.

Edit: now that I remember it, someone from Blizzard has also said that trying to log in doesn't lenghten the bantime. He also said that the ban should last from minutes up to 3 days. It sure would be nice if they just told you how long your ban is going to be though.

6. killercrank

killercrank IncGamers Member

I was banned last night around 12:30, its now 11:30, still banned. :(

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Calm down.

It's only a game.

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Yeah I remember someone making a thread and testing the theory of logging in and prolonging the ban. Yeah it disproved that idea, but I still like to think that logging on kinda jinxes the chance you have of getting back on realm.