Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

You take teh koinz?"

Discussion in 'PvP' started by sweetalmonds, May 19, 2008.

1. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

You take teh koinz?"

I want to know your opinion on taking gold in public after you've killed someone. Do you do it or not and also why please. Personally I only take when someone else take mine first, or if it's tg'er or nk they hord gold. But you could argure that it's your right to take in the first place because you killed them.. and duels sometimes go the wrong way after you take and they get mad -.-' Which is funny to me when game gold is really just to buy some mana pots really...

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: You take teh koinz?"

i don't regard ganking peoples gold as being BM. gold is so easy to get it's not worth getting upset about.

it's certainly not enough for me to start an NK/sorb-whore fest against someone.

i will, however, make a point of ganking BM arsehats gold at every opportunity.

i won't gank gold in priv games.

3. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

I don't take gold unless someone takes mine. It's not that I feel gold is difficult to come by, but to some loosing 300k gold can be a lot of money saved for pots/tp/id/merc etc. If someone bm I will take it though. Always nice to do some repairs every now and then :laugh:

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Likewise. I think just taking gold for no reason at all is quite BM, I only take it if the person is sorbing/hacking/whatever.

5. Summerfun

Summerfun IncGamers Member

Same here

10 chars

6. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Only in duels vs friends.

7. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Sadly, that is true :rolleyes:

8. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

It saves me the trouble of asking =D

9. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

As above, if they're legit gm duellers then no.

If will if they're BM retarded 9 year olds (usually using a hammerdin!), some idiot pvm who joins or just an plain idiot then yes with a few NK thrown in for good measure.....

By idiot I mean a proper dueller but who dies, then blames lag, then dies again, and then blames messing a hotkey up, then die again, and blame an act of god or something....i.e blame everything and anything for you winning apart from you either being better or having a stronger character than them.

10. korialstraz

Something just struck me as odd with your post theheft.

"some idiot who joins..."

And

"by idiot I mean a proper dueller..."

So a proper pvm dueller? :scratch: :tongue:

11. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Yes, because I go through craploads of blues and they're 1k a hit.

12. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

Sorry, I wasnt very clear, you have three classes of idiot in regards to LLD imo.

The PVM idiot who joins and wonders why he gets his *** handed to him by people half his level. He accuses people of hacking then leaves the game after having his gold stolen for spamming "LowBowa hacks dont duel" 20 million times

The PVP idiot is someone who duels regularly, but some reason cannot accept some of the the following facts...(there are a few of these who grace the EuScL LLD games)

1. He's crap
    2. His char is crap
    3. He got beat fair and sqaure
    4. The other person is better
    5. The other persons char is better

He will NEVER congragulate someone on a good build, will blame lag, hotkeys, bugs, God, the weather and aliens before he says "good", "nice damage" or "well done"

He will pick a cookie cutter build, a level 18 zealot for example. They will complain and/or refuse to duel if he has to do anything other than than the norm. Like chase a FRW dysncing lvl 18 Bone Nec or fire ball Sorc about the Blood Moor while being pelted with spears or fire balls for example, they dont like it when their 1200 max 50% Deadly Strike damage is useless because they have to do some thinking rather than run up and click the button.

Then the level 97 low hoster idiot, speaks for itself really Bowzons, Hammerdins and Sorcs seem to be the favs here. (can be avoided by level restricting games I know!)

Bit of a rant........

13. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

So which group are you?

and may I ask, if it befouls your well being so much, why lld? Why even play this game, one of the most troubled social network the online game community has ever seen?

to such a "pvm idiot", sure they are ill sighted small minded little brats to accuse people of hacking without furthur knowing about the game themselves, and obviously an IQ of a negative to spam annoying nonsense in a game, to them I suppose its hackers and level 97 hoster idiots, no?

I learned a thing or two from all kinds of gaming experience. When you play diablo, or any other game, your goal should be to have maximum amount of fun. If you get bm'd and it upsets you, and the bmer is having the time of their life, guess whose the winner?

The key to being a winner at a game is to have the most 'fun' out of it. Whether the fun may be amassing high runes so you can assemble a top notch character for future date, or picking on llders, etc. This is ofcourse, you play the game for entertainment, not for business or anything. (mfing + selling online?)

I'm not saying if you like bming or just being a jerk is what gets you most fun, do it. I cannot help it if some people has the maturity to want that. But I'm saying, you're seriously getting owned, perhaps in the biggest sense, if you let your fun spoiled by such idiots. :wink3:

14. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

You've completely and utterly missed my point.

The question asked was "do you steal gold in PVP", I answered and then explained what my definition of a LLD b.net idiot is.

Anyway to reply to your post

I don't let them spoil my fun, for the below reasons....

If for example a PVMer comes and accuses hacks he get nk gold steal and repeat...he leaves, I carry on as normal and use gold to repair eq and gamble javelins to throw with my charger.

If the PVP idiot joins he dies, and dies and dies....I dont really care, hes the one he has to keep picking his corpse up. If he starts to get on my nerves hes gets NK. I actually find guys like this hilarious and ENJOY killing them because of their attitude.

The low hoster is the only one you cant do anything about, I simply leave the game and create a new one with level restrictions after telling everyone that im going to open the new game. Other option is to re-join high my own high lev char and go about it that way but half the time its not worth the hassle because they're usually in there killing the LLD because they cant cut it with similar levels to themselves so a high lev PVP char walks all over them.

Rob

15. korialstraz

It was a sarcastic post, but thanks for the long answer. I agree on a lot of those points, and as you I won't let them ruin my fun :thumbsup:

16. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

I always take gold if it's 50K+, and I buy lots of pots from it for eveyone.
    You know, full belt, unequip, fill up again:)

17. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

never take them intentionally, and not really bothered about losing either. now if the bming/noob (please refer to theheft's post above ^^) and gets irritated by you taking the gold, then yes by all means.

also just to add, on my bad days (when i am a bit cranky) and someone starts boasting his char is godly, etc (while low hostiling usually lol) then i don't feel a single bit of remorse about kiling, nking, gold stealing, and maybe taking some of their pots. this is rare and other person has to be a complete donkey (insert the a word here) for me to take such action tho

18. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

I always take them, friend or not
    Right dennis? :p

They'll have to kill me for whatever the gold is left (After repairing and buying blues)

19. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Curious, what build do you use to go through that many blues?

20. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

ES sorc :tongue:

Just kidding, I think he was talking about a bone nec :)