you learn something new everyday

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
you learn something new everyday

hey guys jsut gonna talk about a weird experience i had today...just doin some pindle runs with my blizz sorc, when a white item drops, the name of it was "shillelagh"...which was a name i have,suprisingly, NEVER seen b4, when i saw it i must say my heart jumped as if a unique sacred armor had dropped, so i kept the bugger and quick jumped on to the bnet website and found it under elite staves...so i was pretty dissapointed, kinda weirded out that ive never seen one of these b4...but oh well, anyone else have an experience like this?

TongueKing27

Diabloii.Net Member
Not quite to the same extent as you, but yeah, I get excited when I find an item type I've never seen before. Then I get disappointed it isn't unique.

ericbres

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryshenron168703 said:
hey guys jsut gonna talk about a weird experience i had today...just doin some pindle runs with my blizz sorc, when a white item drops, the name of it was "shillelagh"...which was a name i have,suprisingly, NEVER seen b4, when i saw it i must say my heart jumped as if a unique sacred armor had dropped, so i kept the bugger and quick jumped on to the bnet website and found it under elite staves...so i was pretty dissapointed, kinda weirded out that ive never seen one of these b4...but oh well, anyone else have an experience like this?
Mine was a little similar ...
I was in a pub in Ireland when some guy was giving me a hard time for being American. Harmless fun ... just poking at me saying I can't handle 'real' beer and all that ... :buddies:

So anyway ... things develop and he says he is going to "whomp me on the head with his shillelagh". So ... I laugh ...

Next thing you know ... It is 4 hours later and I am waking up on a cot with a big knot on the top of my head.

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
ericbres said:
Mine was a little similar ...
I was in a pub in Ireland when some guy was giving me a hard time for being American. Harmless fun ... just poking at me saying I can't handle 'real' beer and all that ... :buddies:

So anyway ... things develop and he says he is going to "whomp me on the head with his shillelagh". So ... I laugh ...

Next thing you know ... It is 4 hours later and I am waking up on a cot with a big knot on the top of my head.
oh sh*t..so thats how u pronounce it...i get it now its that irish word...wow..taht makes 2 things learned haha

chaka

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryshenron168703 said:

I had the EXACT same experience as you just last week over the exact same item. I was like, "Shillelagh? When did they become a part of the D2 world?" I chuckled as I remembered that yellow dog from the old Tom & Jerry cartoon who always got bashed over the head with a bat, er uh I mean "shillelagh."

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
chaka said:
I had the EXACT same experience as you just last week over the exact same item. I was like, "Shillelagh? When did they become a part of the D2 world?" I chuckled as I remembered that yellow dog from the old Tom & Jerry cartoon who always got bashed over the head with a bat, er uh I mean "shillelagh."
Oh yes the Shillelagh...

I stumbeled upon my first Shillelagh in December 2002

I was in cows, when I suddenly noticed it within the usual piles of junk.

Now, that find was probably the biggest turning point in my D2 career ever. Not just did I start a Shillelagh collection (I had like 20 when 1.10 was released),
but the Shillelagh was also the for starting a project called the
rare race, a competition between europe, east and west that lasted for 6 months here in the communityforum

lol we had a lot of fun during that time... and all because of some stupid sorce staff...

ButterFace

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, i just recently found one for the first time too. I was like hey a new item in 1.10, but form the post above they have been around, wonder why i never saw one before... Anyway i promptly sold it to charsi for 35k and resurrected my merc.

MithrandirX

Diabloii.Net Member
shil·le·lagh also shil·la·lah
n.
A cudgel of oak, blackthorn, or other hardwood.

[AfterShillelagh, a village of east-central Ireland.]

You can often still see old timers out walking in rural Ireland carrying a shillelagh as a walking stick. I actually own one myself.

Mith

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
ButterFace said:
Yeah, i just recently found one for the first time too. I was like hey a new item in 1.10, but form the post above they have been around, wonder why i never saw one before... Anyway i promptly sold it to charsi for 35k and resurrected my merc.
really...cuz when i checked how much i could sell mine for it only said ~3k....

Valind

Diabloii.Net Member
FURY shillelaghs make GREAT Melee Sorc weapons.

Here's mine in fact:

FURY Shillelagh

It's better without any extra Sorc skills on the staff. That way it's cheaper to repair.

Valind

Diabloii.Net Member
SnowDrake said:
To be honest thats not as good as an upgraded ribcracker... which I imagine would be much cheaper...
I created my FURY about 1.5 years ago when there was no way to upgrade a Ribcracker.

BTW...you can't upgrade a Ribcracker in the Non-ladder realms.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
There are a few items in the game which no one's seen or heard of. For instance, anyone ever seen/heard of a Colossus Girdle? It's an elite belt. Another not-so-common one is an Unearthed Wand.

PhsycoTimmay

Diabloii.Net Member
My first experience with an item I had never seen before....back about 5 months ago, runnin through cats in hell, and I stumble upon a "Holy Water Sprinkler", I pick it up, and marvel at the name, and wonder to myself, what the world blizz was thinkin when they thought of that....I still ponder it sometimes.

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
Diabolico x64 said:
There are a few items in the game which no one's seen or heard of. For instance, anyone ever seen/heard of a Colossus Girdle? It's an elite belt. Another not-so-common one is an Unearthed Wand.
nah, in 1.10 there aren't any uncommon items anymore :(
TC90 gone, TC87 drops about everywhere in hell, and a usual CS run drops about 1-2 of them...