Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

You guys should add Druid's Tornado to the lingering spells PK trick list.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by wakiki, Sep 17, 2006.

1. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

You guys should add Druid's Tornado to the lingering spells PK trick list.

My lvl 50 Druid was just killed by a level 80-something pretending to rush. We were fighting the venom lord boss in the Chaos Sanctuary, he made a tp really quick (it was lagging a little so I didn't see), went to town and killed me.

Fortunately I didn't have any good items (I've just now decided to get back into D2 again and that was my first character).

So yeah, add that to the list in the "warnings" section.

("You guys" refers to the people who edit DiabloII.net. I saw no email link on the warnings page.)

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Basically if it's not a hammer, trap, hydra, or meteor it'll tppk you and your family unless you vote Bush in for a 3rd term.

3. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

as mouse 'said' , any level 80 can tppk you one way or another.

4. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

I just started an amazon and got TP pked by a sorc with fireball. That's twice today, on my first day of going back.

Is Diablo II even playable any more?

5. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

Go Single Player there's a good community there and plenty of tournaments.

I gave up the realms about 6 months ago. Atma is rather nice too. Then again I don't play that much any more now......

6. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Titan Quest is also a hellalottafun... and there aint no pvp in it.

7. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Nope, not in public games.

Your options are:
    -Play in passworded games with your friends.
    -Play in Public games but way away from the group (i.e. baal in act 1 games.)
    -Play Singleplayer (the first 2 options basicly discripe SP anyway.)
    -Get rich and build a tppk proof character.

-hps

8. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

Hmmm, unfortunately none of my friends play anymore.

So here's my plan:

1) Never, ever, ever play with a high level character no matter how nice they seem to be.

2) Play through quests and the like on my own rather than being rushed by people I don't know. General act questing games seem to have fewer pkers than runs. I will also try to make some friends in these games for muling and rushing purposes. (I've already made three mutual friends since I came back to d2 yesterday).

The problem with this is, although I enjoy doing the quests from back to front, most people do not and will only go for rushes and baal runs, so I will be alolne quite a bit for sure.

3) Leveling up in the Cow Level by myself alot. (pk proof, right?)

The problem I have with going single player is that I would be rather tempted to cheat, and I'd like having a legit online server. And I'd like to get the ladder items. ;)

I have a question, guys. Although I rarely played with them, since I was in a clan at the time, is GAT still up? If not, is there another place that's filled with cool, nice people who ban pkers and assholes from their games?

Also guys, since I'm starting over, and planning on playing by myself alot, can you recommend some solo-efficient, non twinked builds? You don't have to write me out a mini guide, just mention the name and I'll go look at DiabloII.net's guide. ;) I'm thinking about making a Hammerdin. I also love Hydra/Orb zons for the versitality of Hydra, but I've played them alot and should probably try something new.

9. Ironwill

Ironwill IncGamers Member

I also play 90% of the time by myself. 100% untwinked too.

The best solo character I have (safest) is my necro (a sumoner customized version of the famous Fishymancer) he is the less item reliant and only really need +skill items to be powerful. The best part is that +skill for necro are extremely easy to find by yourself.
    Vendor - Purchased a wand with +2 to all skills and +2 to golem mastery
    Gambled a +1 to all necro skill amulet and tons of good stuff
    Found a +1 to all necro skills and other good +skill Necro head.
    Made myself a RW Lore Circlet (+1 to all skills and other nice mods)
    Traded for 40Pgems a skin of the Vipermagi (+1 to all skills and other neat mods)

So as you can see I have +6 to all necro skills, +2 additional to Raise Skeletons and +2 additional to Golem mastery.

Anyone can achieve that kind of gear WITH NO MF at all by just playing the game normally (no re-runs, clearing all areas, muling as necessary)

Now my necro is lvl 68 (act 5 NM) I found some cool rares and uniques that I decked my Strafazon with and that is another very efficient solo character with the right build. I'm playing her now and giving the Necro a break.

I'm always looking for trusted people to quest and co-op (no crazy rush or stuff like that) if you want we can play together (acct is *aztaroth)

10. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

wakiki, visit us @ op xbananax on east

11. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

Alright, my account is GreenieMeanie.

Thanks for the info guys. I've already teamed up with Ironwill here =]

12. Grockman

Grockman IncGamers Member

While I do have some rushed characters and have also recently returned, I really enjoy walking the whole game. Yes that includes Act 3. Currently have a lvl 77 Magic Arrow Zon in Act 3 Hell who has solo'd all the way.

Just started a Lightning Java who is at Lvl 25. *grockster1 if your about on HCLEast.

13. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

I have a Necro at lvl 24 and a Pally at lvl 16 at the moment.

Act 3 is so underrated in my opinion. From best to worst, I think: 5,3,2,4,1.

14. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

You're crazy, best to worst

5, 1, 4, 2, 3

*Basically we both love act 5 and our idea of the rest of them is reversed.

15. Hp_Sauce

Insanity.

1, 5, 4, 3, 2.

1) because its the start of something new, every time you are there.
    5) Anything underground I love, but the above ground stuff in Act 5 bores me.
    4) Because I love clearing RoF to see what the Forge will give me!
    3) The first half can go to hell and die! but the second half is a bit more fun.
    2) ummm... hello? The Maggot Layer, finding the right path in the Arcanne Sanctuary, walking down 3 floors to get the damned Cube, killing the same same 15 skelletons 3 times before you can get to their shamon guy, and walking all the way across town so you can talk to Jeryn so you can walk all the way back across town to talk to Meshif and thats after you walked all the way up to talk to Tyreal. This act is devil spawn.

-hps

16. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Hp, just talk to jerhyn, go down the stairs and make a tp.

anyway...
    Op XbananaX has a lot of PKers who hang there, or maybe all those PK accts are just Aron, I'll investigate. Anyway, the PKers are legit, and extremely nice, but we don't have any TPPK probs as far as I know. People will almost always be generous with game time and help, but it might take a while before they get to know ya, I know it took me a while...

-Tai

P.S. Maybe they did know me, and that's why it took so long for anyone to reply to my massive f msg spams of ADDD PLZ!!11!!!!!!!, something else to investigate i suppose

17. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Act 4 is great. All of it.
    Act 2, aside from the deserts, has some cool areas. Especially the Arcane Sanctum.
    Act 5 sucks. They ruined it in 1.10. However, I still like the portals that are strewn about, and the Arreat Summit. The whole act was kind of neat until they randomized the monsters, kind of killed the feeling =/
    Act 3 has dolls and flayers and stupid zealots that run away for 10 years... it's lucky it has meph or I'd never go there >.>
    Act 1 is just plain boring. Red fallen, blue fallen, black fallen, andy, done *shrug*

18. Hp_Sauce

hehehe, I know. I just wanted to add more effect to my hatred of that act. Oh, and imagine my rage if I got down the stairs and it turned out I was out of tp's

-hps

19. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

lol tai....i'd say 4/7 of em are me....rest are kime. Throw in the odd jaffy and treb :)

20. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I second the fact that Titan Quest rocks. By the way Barry, you can pvp in it. Just gotta enable it.